• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
maxresdefault.jpg

You could just as much make the argument that Superman has "BFR resistance" since that's mostly what Darkseid uses his beams for (and only really used them to erase people a few times by comparison) except Superman has been BFR'd by Darkseid's beams in the past multiple times so it's not a resistance feat from the Omega Beam's hax just CIS on Darkseid's part.
Being fair its less “BFR Resistence” and more that he can literally just come back whenever as when Lex Luthor did it.

Superboy got BFR’d back in the Bronze Age by Darkseid during the Great Darkness Saga, but not Superman porper.

You also can't really make the argument that Superman has resistance to existence erasure because he survived the Omega Beams, unless Darkseid said or implied he was using them for that purpose. That's just CIS on Darkseid's part, his Omega Beams have such versatile hax the writers have to have him jobber in some way (not instantly teleporting Doomsday off world when he hit him for example) when he uses his beams on Superman it's just concussive because every time he fights Superman he tried to "put him in his place".
True. Superman has had other feats that they could have pulled from. I guess they assumed that since he tried to destroy Superman and there is no reason for him to hold back. But its not actually specifically mentioned that he was doing it that way

The second point is that "Superman can't be erased or reality warped because he's a multiversal nexus" is also a misconstruction of the context in Doomsday Clock.
I think they conflated that Doomsday Clock statement with the Superman archetype statement form Doom Patrol on how he can never be altered but only copied

A better feat was when he reaisted being erased in Bendis run

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Being fair its less “BFR Resistence” and more that he can literally just come back whenever as when Lex Luthor did it.
It would be BFR resistance since my point would be that Superman would be resistance the act of being teleported elsewhere with the same conjecture that he could resist being erased since it's an effect of the Omega Beams Darkseid has used in the past. My point is that there's just as much room (even more so) to assume Superman has BFR/teleportation resistance since Darkseid favors that but we know he doesn't have resistance from being forcefully teleported by them since he's never been able to in the past. It's just CIS on Darkseid's part, like when he didn't just teleport Doomsday off world even though that was the whole plot and conflict during most of Hunter/Prey was trying to get him off Apokolips.
Superboy got BFR’d back in the Bronze Age by Darkseid during the Great Darkness Saga, but not Superman porper.
He has teleported Superman with his Omega Beams plenty of times

A better feat was when he reaisted being erased in Bendis run
I'm not familiar with these instances personally.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
@Maddie You're the resident Doctor Who authority, I wanted to ask this since he was brought up a while back, does the Toymaker appear anywhere other than the Neil Patrick Harris special and the lost episode serials from 50 years ago? Does he appear in any of the comics/audio dramas that you're aware of?

Maddie

Acclaimed
@Maddie You're the resident Doctor Who authority, I wanted to ask this since he was brought up a while back, does the Toymaker appear anywhere other than the Neil Patrick Harris special and the lost episode serials from 50 years ago? Does he appear in any of the comics/audio dramas that you're aware of?
Two audiobooks, one is the Nightmare Fair and I forgot the other one

He was also in a black white comic

He's indirectly referenced whenever the guardians are involved

Back