Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
GHEI1qdWQAAbpzP

Maddie

Acclaimed
People put him next to Jotaro because he’s the third in his line and the stoic, badass one just like Yusei

Personally it has to be something similar to Jaiden vs Ben 10
Who else has ties to ancient peruvian civilizations or controls a star themed Dragon?

Seeing some people argue that Saitama would stomp Popeye because he’s a 4D being that kicked a hypergate portal :kobeha
If someone saying that, and tries to Dimension tier Saitama talk about how Popeye couldn't be erased and was beating up the Big Guy in a fight, who turned off reality and erased the fourth dimension.
He also beat the shit out of a monster from the 7th dimension.
Popeye has Saitama beat in stats, having actual Toon Force, and even scales higher in dimensions if you want to go down that road :hestonpls

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
If someone saying that, and tries to Dimension tier Saitama talk about how Popeye couldn't be erased and was beating up the Big Guy in a fight, who turned off reality and erased the fourth dimension.
He also beat the shit out of a monster from the 7th dimension.
Popeye has Saitama beat in stats, having actual Toon Force, and even scales higher in dimensions if you want to go down that road :hestonpls
8th dimension actually

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
“BOTW Link VS The Tarnished (The Legend of Zelda VS Elden Ring)- “They were pretty popular in the same year”. Sam thinks TOTK is overrated (he says it’s a 7/10), which Ben strongly disagrees with.”

Tarnished should stomp any version of Link afaik

Shadow of the Erdtree looks like it’s only going to make ER stronger since it’s an entire parallel realm with its own sun and moon that was forcibly separated from the universe

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
There's a specific presupposition in the community that if an MU has a simple theme then their characterisations aren't being taken into account but thats not true consider what matters in a matchup the most is the dynamic which naturally includes characterisation.

connection bros in hindsight dont actually look into the dynamic of the MUs which is why looking at the similarities characters have is a lazy way to go about matchups when all that matters is dynamic and how their characters bounce off one another.

This is why we end up with shit like garou vs godspeed and satsuki vs bruno

Connection shit always devolves into people gassing rando characters or making essays for matchups that have like one good theme.

A fight should be understandable just by seeing the two characters involved 99% of the time.As long as you know who they are.

Back