• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Convergence merely made the Pre-Crisis Universe exist again, but that just means Earth-One Superman exists, not that New Earth/Prime Earth Superman are one with Earth-One Supes.

Idk on convergence but infinite frontier I could see
The whole thing with Convergence was that they prevented the Post-Crisis timeline retcon from happening by stopping the Anti-Monitor and preventing the remaining universe from being sandwiched into one reality. It just so happens that it didn't effect the timeline of events in the Post-Crisis continuity from happening (85-2011) Superman was still killed by Doomsday, Batman was still broken by Bane, Hal killed the Lantern Corps etc. It was part of DC's long going initiative to force all this different reboots back into one linear timeline like Marvel. Basically the Post-Crisis timeline still happened but it was no longer a reboot, the modernized origin stories were either made as their main backstory or are handwaved off as the characters thinking of them as dreams. I think the TT Rebirth lazarus contract references pre-crisis stuff and The Three Jokers reveals that Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis Jokers were separate characters (albeit heavily implied rather than stated) and Batman remembers interactions he had with pre-Crisis Joker (The Clown) even bringing in Gaggy who Batman recognized but Jason didn't.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Also, Vegeta was given nearly 300,000 times uni and a speed of over 300 quintillion times ftl with multipliers. That's still kinda downplay, if we're using them, but its not like it would've mattered if given to him anyway. Although, I think they may've read that Toyotaro interivew wrong for the analysis. Trashtaro never said Goku was weaker than Broly. That was the other dude in the interview, who clearly, Trashtaro did not agree with, so Vegeta should've absolutely scaled to Broly and Gogeta, which would've given him higher numbers than Thor in the analysis for DC. Again, Thor still would've taken it with that gargantuan speed difference, but still, these are some errors none the less. Fight itself slapped, though admittedly I expected a good deal more destruction from these two.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
fucking pain :jaeden
also

Vegeta died brutally

Legit saw Omni-Man, and I initially got excited, and was like, "Oh shit, they're doing two DB matchups back-to-back!?" and then Homelander showed up, my hype deflated, and I was like, "Really? Fucking seriously?" We could've had a somewhat debatable and fun matchup, but no, we're getting a huge stomp of Homelander that I don't give a shit to see. Pointless ass MU.

:mjlol

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Legit saw Omni-Man, and I initially got excited, and was like, "Oh shit, they're doing two DB matchups back-to-back!?" and then Homelander showed up, my hype deflated, and I was like, "Really? Fucking seriously?" We could've had a somewhat debatable and fun matchup, but no, we're getting a huge stomp of Homelander that I don't give a shit to see. Pointless ass MU.

:mjlol
Got me skipping
Wow they're really not wasting their Amazon shill this year :skully
Bruh they could mad views with Bardock vs Omni-Man but nah but we get this shit
Korra vs Storm all over again

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Hell Captain America is a closer match to Homelander than Omni-Man. :obamalaugh

They've openly said and joked multiple times about how much of a gigantic stomp this fight already is in previous DBC's. Unless they do with Homelander what they did with Macho Man and composite him with feats from other Superman analogues to give him a better fighting chance, that vague and arguable statement about being able to withstand any man-made weaponry and therefore being nuke proof isn't gonna be much help here.

btw They didn't even give Thor the Odinforce btw his Godblast's big dick energy solo'd the fight :mjpls

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Got me skipping

Bruh they could mad views with Bardock vs Omni-Man but nah but we get this shit
Korra vs Storm all over again
Also thematically closer given the characters rather than being "they're evil Superman clones". Even the most hardcore fan of The Boys won't question the sheer gap in feats, there ain't no "settling the debate once and for all" for this match-up lol

This kind've just goes to show at the end of the day Death Battle/RT is a business they pull out on match-ups that even they acknowledge would be better and more interesting in favor of what their bosses decide would be more popular and marketable. (Also Amazon probably sponsoring them up the ass to feature two of their most popular recent flagship shows)

Last edited:

OrlandoSky

Paramount
At least the meme reference would be easier for Liam to write
"Think Homelander, think" makes more sense since he would logically have heard about HL in a theoretical shared reality. Whereas he wouldn't know who Bardock is unless he says his name in the fight or he could theoretically have heard of saiyans so there's that.

Either way I expect them to use the Omni-Man meme in combat to directly address the stomp of this match.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
This kind've just goes to show at the end of the day Death Battle/RT is a business they pull out on match-ups that even they acknowledge would be better and more interesting in favor of what their bosses decide would be more popular and marketable. (Also Amazon probably sponsoring them up the ass to feature two of their most popular recent flagship shows
Sadly true
At least the meme reference would be easier for Liam to write
"Think Homelander, think" makes more sense since he would logically have heard about HL in a theoretical shared reality. Whereas he wouldn't know who Bardock is unless he says his name in the fight or he could theoretically have heard of saiyans so there's that.

Either way I expect them to use the Omni-Man meme in combat to directly address the stomp of this match.
Man I doubt swan doing three episodes in a row but fuck
I can't give a shit about this

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Fight itself slapped, though admittedly I expected a good deal more destruction from these two.
I give it an 8/10
I feel they should've had some cosmic destruction and bit of a better fight Dynamic than Thor kinda getting his ass best for the most part but good for the most part

Back