• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Demon King had to fuse with Brittania as his final strongest attack if creating the demon realm scaled to his DC at all that situation wouldn't have happened
Not sure how that at all disputes my point especially when generally AoE is only secondary to powerscaling otherwise we'd be disputing Android saga dbz characters like 17 and Piccolo to be only island level since that's the best their full powered attacks could do even though they obviously scale to much higher casually.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Not sure how that at all disputes my point especially when generally AoE is only secondary to powerscaling otherwise we'd be disputing Android saga dbz characters like 17 and Piccolo to be only island level since that's the best their full powered attacks could do even though they obviously scale to much higher casually.
it's relevant in this case because it's the form he died in, he died to an explicitly country/continent level attack. The attack was even said to have destroyed Brittania if the magic lake didn't absorb it, it wouldn't have destroyed the entire world or something.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
tenor.gif

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Normal Roshi didn't bust the moon it was buff Roshi.
And Kid Goku and King Piccolo were the strongest beings on the planet even taking account for the feat story puts both above Buff Roshi
like i said there's arguments on it but thats just a suggestion from a Discord user so its whatever

OrlandoSky

Paramount
it's relevant in this case because it's the form he died in, he died to an explicitly country/continent level attack. The attack was even said to have destroyed Brittania if the magic lake didn't absorb it, it wouldn't have destroyed the entire world or something.
So again by that logic Android saga Piccolo is only island level because that was the best he could do, interesting powerscaling.
gross.gif

OrlandoSky

Paramount
And Kid Goku and King Piccolo were the strongest beings on the planet even taking account for the feat story puts both above Buff Roshi
like i said there's arguments on it but thats just a suggestion from a Discord user so its whatever
There's no evidence that suggests that Piccolo is stronger than buff Roshi

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
>Roshi admits that he doesn't stand a chance against King Piccolo
>Has to use the Mafuba since it's the only defense he has against him and that still failed
>"There's no evidence that suggests that Piccolo is stronger than buff Roshi"

What the hell are you smoking and can I have some of it

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
What evidence that said other wise
>Roshi admits that he doesn't stand a chance against King Piccolo
>Has to use the Mafuba since it's the only defense he has against him and that still failed
>"There's no evidence that suggests that Piccolo is stronger than buff Roshi"

What the hell are you smoking and can I have some of it
also adding
Kami recreated the Moon after it was destroyed
whatever im bored now someone talk about Magneto vs Tetsuo
its being written by a dude who loves both characters

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
So again by that logic Android saga Piccolo is only island level because that was the best he could do, interesting powerscaling.

gross.gif
no because there's a lot of scaling to put db characters higher than that, which isnt present in NnT

for example if we take the moon creation feat to apply to his dc, we don't actually have any way of verifying that would even apply to his own durability at all, so he would still have died to a continent level attack and Meliodas wouldn't scale

we also have no clue how long his creation feats took, and we know full well the Demon King can survive for millions of years because he was just chilling in purgatory

it's obviously not uncommon for characters to jump up in strength near the end of the series but everything surrounding the Demon King is too iffy, the only real explanation I can think of is the DK not being at full strength in Zeldris or the country monster bodies, but I don't remember that ever being stated (even though it'd actually make the most sense as his true body is supposed to be in Purgatory anyways, a plot point that was completely ignored)

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
for example if we take the moon creation feat to apply to his dc, we don't actually have any way of verifying that would even apply to his own durability at all, so he would still have died to a continent level attack and Meliodas wouldn't scale
You should be able to infer if it applies to his durability or not dependent on whether the person attacking him has raw power comparable to his own and if he can endure their strongest shit and vice versa with the opposing character

Its rare a given character's strongest power output is occupied by a non-combat ability in a combat oriented story
we also have no clue how long his creation feats took, and we know full well the Demon King can survive for millions of years because he was just chilling in purgatory
This one seems like a fair objection especially if he's that long lived and we have no frame of reference for how long it took to create :hm

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
You should be able to infer if it applies to his durability or not dependent on whether the person attacking him has raw power comparable to his own and if he can endure their strongest shit and vice versa with the opposing character

Its rare a given character's strongest power output is occupied by a non-combat ability in a combat oriented story

This one seems like a fair objection especially if he's that long lived and we have no frame of reference for how long it took to create :hm
yeah I'm not really questioning the realm creation feat any more but it's pretty iffy to me scaling it to anybody else, Meliodas is never even remotely implied to be able to create something like that

it's been a while since I read NnT, and I dislike the last 2/3 so I won't be rereading it, but Ban survived in Purgatory for millions of years and the Demon King was there for much longer than he was. We're just told he created his realm in the Chaos explanation, never how long it took, and he is weaker than Chaos anyways whose best known feat is creating the Earth

Maddie

Acclaimed
Unless they severely limit Gohan to just Z as a teenager and go to the highest end for Mark, I just cannot see Gohan vs Invincible, especially if Bardock vs Omni-Man comes out first and Bardock comes out on top. It's a larger stomp than Omni-Man vs Homelander, SSJ2 Gohan would be hundreds of billions to potentially trillions of times more powerful than the absolute highest end of Invincible scaling to Tick and if they believe the speed gap is not enough for Omni-Man to win against Bardock if/when they do Omnidock, that would be even less of an issue for Gohan if he fighrs Mark.

Yes Omnilander was a stomp but that was actually celebrated. People wanted to see Homelander get humilitated. Everyone knew it was a stomp and wanted to watch the stomp. Gohan vs Mark wouldn't be the same deal because both are actually well liked characters who aren't unlikable enough to warrant being humiliated.

Back