• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Polish_20220716_185507495.png

Maddie

Acclaimed
Rewatched Thanos vs Darkseid, while I think the fight should have ended in stalemate even under DB's logic it's still one of my absolute favorites. I don't mind the slower animation because the two aren't exactly blitzers.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Rewatched Thanos vs Darkseid, while I think the fight should have ended in stalemate even under DB's logic it's still one of my absolute favorites. I don't mind the slower animation because the two aren't exactly blitzers.
I don’t know about stalemate. Darkseid doesn’t have any counter or defense against a weapon that turned the entire host of Abstract entities and Celestials into powerless canon fodder.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Would end of Legends Luke vs post Rebirth era Hal be a decent match-up? I heard top tiers in Legends canon has some sizeable solar system-universe feats

Maddie

Acclaimed
I don’t know about stalemate. Darkseid doesn’t have any counter or defense against a weapon that turned the entire host of Abstract entities and Celestials into powerless canon fodder.
By DB's logic Godsphere is larger than the scope of the Marvel Abstracts which IDK, Godsphere is fucking insanely big but Rom says Marvel Cosmology outstrips it still.

Even with the logic that Godhead Darkseid is infinitely more powerful than IG Thanos, the reality is Godhead Darkseid can't actually do anything to turn the tide of the battle. New Gods can only interact with lower spaces through the avatarsa, through possessions, or through dying in the Godsphere and falling down into the Orrery.

His avatars aren't avatars ala M-Bodies where he creates on a whim. The Godhead is a platonic concept whose existence cast shadows down into reality. If Thanos actually went to Apokolips through Boom Tube that still only brings Thanos to an emanation of Fourth World, not the Godsphere itself, and all Darkseid has is a home-field advantage and the potentiality the Gauntlet doesn't work there (Except the IG tends to work on connected realities or planes of existence). The True Darkseid is utterly divorced and disconnected from the Orrery and wouldn't notice an emanations' death and isn't able to just think a new one into reality. Whenever an emanation of Darkseid is in danger or dies, he is always saved or revived by an outside source. So basically the fight should have ended when Thanos snapped away the first Emanation of Darkseid.

Darkseid couldn't possess Thanos because the Mind and Soul Stone, and possessing normal humans would mean Darkseid's mind in a normal human... Yeah. *snaps*

And the third option is an automatic double KO stalemate as both would die as a result.

Would end of Legends Luke vs post Rebirth era Hal be a decent match-up? I heard top tiers in Legends canon has some sizeable solar system-universe feats

DC Cosmology too big and Hal is probably multiversal

What tier is Legends Sidious btw?

OrlandoSky

Paramount
By DB's logic Godsphere is larger than the scope of the Marvel Abstracts which IDK, Godsphere is fucking insanely big but Rom says Marvel Cosmology outstrips it still.

Even with the logic that Godhead Darkseid is infinitely more powerful than IG Thanos, the reality is Godhead Darkseid can't actually do anything to turn the tide of the battle. New Gods can only interact with lower spaces through the avatarsa, through possessions, or through dying in the Godsphere and falling down into the Orrery.

His avatars aren't avatars ala M-Bodies where he creates on a whim. The Godhead is a platonic concept whose existence cast shadows down into reality. If Thanos actually went to Apokolips through Boom Tube that still only brings Thanos to an emanation of Fourth World, not the Godsphere itself, and all Darkseid has is a home-field advantage and the potentiality the Gauntlet doesn't work there (Except the IG tends to work on connected realities or planes of existence). The True Darkseid is utterly divorced and disconnected from the Orrery and wouldn't notice an emanations' death and isn't able to just think a new one into reality. Whenever an emanation of Darkseid is in danger or dies, he is always saved or revived by an outside source. So basically the fight should have ended when Thanos snapped away the first Emanation of Darkseid.

Darkseid couldn't possess Thanos because the Mind and Soul Stone, and possessing normal humans would mean Darkseid's mind in a normal human... Yeah. *snaps*

And the third option is an automatic double KO stalemate as both would die as a result.

DC Cosmology too big and Hal is probably multiversal

What tier is Legends Sidious btw?
DB didn’t say anything about the godsphete> marvel abstracts

in fact iirc they never brought up any of the abstracts or Thanos fighting them even though it was easily the most significant and noteworthy thing that happened in that event.

Again there’s really nothing Darkseid could do against the prime Starlin gauntlet unlike the mcu gauntlet the 616 gauntlet is the theres to the wielder mentally so even physically removing wouldn’t do anything. Any hax or ability DS has the IG can already do for Thanos by him just thinking about it or willing it to happen.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
FTL travel, Large Planet busting sneezes, dimensional manipulation, incessant zenkai boosts, possible precognition, suddenly inexplicably being able to breathe in space and now sharingan style technique copying and possible time travel....

I know it's a long shot but I almost want to think Murata is giving Saitama a bunch of out of nowhere upgrades intentionally because word got around that the caped baldy is a bitch compared to other characters like Popeye. I'm not saying he watches the show but there is a slight possibility that word of mouth got to him from some fans (like Kamiya or Hartman), Rooster Teeth is one of the most popular things on the internet after all.

Back