Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Tier/Feat Discussion Thread

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

The series is propped up by Gyutaro, Doma, and Muzan's feats. Enmu's death is a distant 4th place. Hantengu's various forms have feats in the general ballpark of the train derailment and edging towards Gyutaro/Doma/Muzan's. Tengen's feat is difficult to gauge at best, and underwhelming at worst. Tanjirou splitting that boulder shouldn't be a highlight. Daki's feat should be more impressive than slicing the boulder, but the specifics of figuring out the surface area is too much of a pain in the ass for my liking because buildings are annoying like that. Both the Hand Demon Burrowing through the ground and the Spider Demon Swinging that tree should be comparable depending on how far and fast Tanjirou was sent flying. The strength of a Lower Moon's strongest and their overall durability is apparently several dozen times beyond Tanjirou's base strength in the Rui fight based on what he can cut with Water vs Sun Breathing. Rengoku derailing that train car is basically tacked on lacking for anything more notable.

Overall, somewhere in multi city block level once you hit the Hashira/Lower 1/Upper 6.

I'll upload speed feats to another set of posts when I can bother collecting them into imgur galleries

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

That's pretty much all she wrote. Sonic/Supersonic pretty early on with Kyogai's bullshit. Added consistency with Hantengu's various emotion clones blocking some bullets as does Kokushibo on top of Tanjirou once more dodging sound based bullshit. Potential for double digits mach from Tokito's feat of slicing up 10,000 projectiles before he can free fall about a meter or so and Kanroji slicing that demon art lightning. Can't really get anything out of the lightning from the "various" section. Yoriichi's feat is probably decent, but literally no one else would scale to it if it was the highest speed generated as pretty much everyone was fodder to him.

Hantengu does get his body blown apart by bullets a few times with seemingly no response, but that could just as easily been the emotion clones being lazy/content in the demon slayers inability to know how to kill them yet. Wouldn't be the first fiction to drop the ball on staying consistent the entire run though.

And with that, you have a comprehensive list and various galleries showcasing just about everything notable in Demon Slayer. Nothing else really matters in the series feat wise. Maybe if you treat whatever the fuck Akaza does as a legit shock wave and then figure out how fast Giyuu needs to swing to negate it, but I'd need to reread that to even ponder that for now.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Potential for double digits mach from Tokito's feat of slicing up 10,000 projectiles before he can free fall about a meter or so and Kanroji slicing that demon art lightning. Can't really get anything out of the lightning from the "various" section.
Although it may count in the anime continuity and not the manga, but in the animated version we can better appreciate Kanroji cutting lightnings.

1:42 min

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Although it may count in the anime continuity and not the manga, but in the animated version we can better appreciate Kanroji cutting lightnings.

1:42 min

Gonna be real, I’m still not sure how that one worked :hm

Think the easiest is the one she had to save herself and the trio with by at least swinging her arm once to slash the incoming discharge

Probably going to be vaguely comparable to Serpico and Guts vs Ganishka’s shit. Most specifically where Serpico created that vacuum with a slash before the lightning reached them.

Tanjirou vs Guts might end up being a decent match ultimately

Back