• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Did you keep in touch with your School friends?

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
After you graduated did you keep touch with them?

For how long?

Which ones?

1st to 5th grade is a hard no.

6th to 7th grade is an occasionally with a pinch of "rather not" on the side.

8th to 12th grade (aka high school) is a complicated issue considering the deeper connections and feelings attached there but if you ask them I'm the one avoiding reunions, if you ask me there's no point in pretending we are still connected.

University? :skully :catskully :oldryoma:trolling:sasukelaugh:lul:whutpepe:faputa:risitas:kobeha🤨

Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
not many, no
i still talk to my childhood bestie on ocassion but haven't seen her for a few years now
i miss her

• Support

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
nope. i fell out of touch with all of them pretty quickly after i dropped out. womp womp

Kaigainiki

ホンカ・ドンカ・バドンカス
V.I.P. Member
I had a one good friend I kept in touch with on and off where I thought we had an amazing chemistry and understanding of each other. Shared so many interest, etc.

He emailed me, I don't know how long ago (prob before covid), saying where he was at, life after college, etc. And of course wondered how I was. And well, I was very honest with him about being so directionless and shit, and I felt like I could pour my heart out to him.

Well, firstly the response back from him, took about a month or so. And man, not even a simple pleasantry of "sorry to hear that man", or really seemingly any form of acknowledgment. He just carried on with what's changed in his life, like nothing. Like I could have just ignored his email entirely and I likely would have gotten a similar follow up from him.

So yeah, I was fucking hurt for a while. And the thing is, I'm autistic, and I know he is as well. So knowing and understanding this, I felt as thought I couldn't properly be mad, and I also felt like I couldn't justifiably vent my frustrations.

And to be brutally honest, I haven't talked to him, since. Is this interaction still worth caring about? Probably not. But is this worth caring enough to keep putting in effort to reach out? That's certainly a better question. *sigh*

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I was a thotty in HS (attention came to me quickly because I was the only white boy there) so naturally I kept in touch with a bunch of my HS chums. College is the same, we actually have a group chat that we'd occasionally turn up on and talk about how miserable life is now for some of us lmao.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Fellow peers I was neutral or friends with I see occasionally when at the gym or are at my job, but otherwise everyone moved on the instant I graduated

• Crying

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
No.

I got sick during high school and had to finish at a different school due to how long the ailment lasted.

Also I've always moved around. I lived in a house on a hill in AL from 1-5. Miami Fl from 5-12. Lehigh Acres Fl from 13-21, Doral Fl from 21-22, Fort Stewart GA from 22-23, Back to Miami from 23-28, and now what I hope to be my permanent home, Eastern MA, I say Boston cause nobody would recognize a random town name and since there are lots of small towns, I'd rather not list the town.

I have a steady and decent job now which handles my insurance and even provides lawyers. So hopefully this means I'm living my adult life here.

My two best friends were met at church though they're not really Christian. One I rarely talk to and the other I talk to on occasion.

The second friend however has had trouble grasping my sexuality and new dress style as he ties the masculinity that he attached to me over the years to those inconsequential physical qualities rather than them being tuned into my personality.

• Crying

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I have with a few ones that I'm close with yeah but its more or less natural that you lose contact with friends from middle and high school most of the time.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
I live on a small island, except the ones which moved away (or passed) I still see people I knew in HS from time to time

Back