• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Digimon Thread

Sassy

Preeminent
V.I.P. Member
Digimon is pretty awesome. Personally always liked Digimon more than Pokemon but that's just me. I finally watched Digimon Kizuna the other day broke my fucking heart and tears be pouring out. It was good.

Reactions: Ral

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Digimon is pretty awesome. Personally always liked Digimon more than Pokemon but that's just me. I finally watched Digimon Kizuna the other day broke my fucking heart and tears be pouring out. It was good.
I haven't seen it yet, want to re-watch all the seasons (and finally watch Xros Wars and App Monsters) before I finally get to that and the Adventure 2020 reboot.

Definitely agree with Digimon being better than Pokemon. Games were the only edge Pokemon had, but then now you have Cyber Sleuth and Digimon games just getting better and better while Pokemon stagnates, afraid to change up the formula.

So even game wise it's questionable now if Pokemon stacks up.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
928c40f87e91ff2144b4008e64e4d191--digimon-digital-monsters-digimon-adventure.jpg

Overused? Definitely!
Ever going to stop being cool? HELL NO! :awesome

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Fun Fact: They are selling Digimon pocket thingies again in retail outlets in an attempt to revive the franchise over here in the USA.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I still want to get a tattoo either of patamon or of agumon hehehe. Aye nostalgia.
Not really interested in getting a tattoo myself, but I would probably go for Patamon over Agumon.

But I'd take Guilmon or Impmon over either one.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I should probably watch this soon, since I never got a chance to in bulk as a child. But I don't imagine myself watching anything past Adventure 02.
I would recommend you do, I personally don't believe any of the stand-alone Digimon series are bad. I think they're all good in their own ways, Frontier is just as good as Adventure, with Tamers and Savers being the #1 and #2 Seasons of the anime respectively.

The only seasons that are outright bad are the sequels (Adventure 02 and Young Hunters). Digimon seems to have real trouble continuing storylines (as Adventure Tri got a lot of flack as well) but is exceptional when it comes to trying new things.

Back