Does anyone play D&D?

Dragon D. Luffy

Illustrious
I'm probably gonna just have to watch videos to learn lol. Nobody in my group is experienced and we wanted to play with just us, so I don't think anybody would be willing to go to the actual places and meet people. I'm too socially awkward for that lmao. But I apperciate the videos yall linked, will check them out later!

This might help, don't remember if I've seen the video but the channel is solid. It has a mix of serious videos and joke ones.

I guess if you are new to DMing (again, never DM'd myself before) the tip is start with some pre-made campaign since you don't have to create anything new. The adventurer's league the guy above mentioned seems to be aimed for that kind of thing.

Also if you're gonna play DnD play the 5th edition, it's the most newbie friendly one.

Also people get a lot of inspiration from recorded games on Youtube these days. The most famous one is Critical Role. Maybe watching those can help.

But really I think you will be able to skip spme steps if at least one of you can first play someone else's game before you create your own. Doesn't have to be a full months long campaign, a one-shot or two could at least help you know what the hell the game is like.

One Last Username

Distinguished
Speaking of critical role and Acquisition, they are named dropped here:

If you are a new dm, this is a great video (this one is part 1-3) to keep you started:

he has many more but the 3 parter will solve some of your starting issues, such as social awkwardness, which is mentioned here:

the thing to get out is that social awkwardness is normal for new players and if you are stressed out, feel free to rip stuff off. For instance, I based my current tiefling character on Prof. Plum from the movie clue. And there are many many many different tools online. As Matt said, people have been playing this game for 40 years and lots of people have put tips online to help new players or dms out. At first you can skip social interactions by jumping straight into the dungeon. Such as, you are in a dungeon. A skeleton appears, roll initiative. The details of why 4 players would be in that situation can be worked out amongst themselves or you after the encounter or later n the dungeon.

speaking of dungeon, since you now have friends, know where to get the free rules, free pre-made characters an adventure, now comes the time to run it:

Back