• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread: MBXX Ultra Ego

Maddie

Acclaimed
I hope the movie does good whether I will like it or not, I can't live on the god forsaken manga month by month. The anime must come back or DBS is moribund. An Okada Toyotwro isnt

Maddie

Acclaimed
For comparison, given DBS is monthly and DB was weekly, at this time we'd be at chapter 304 where Freeza goes fourth form.

So much better and ooler stuff went in with Toriyama

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
maxresdefault.jpg

yup, broly officially is in this, and he fights against a post-granolah arc kakarot, lmao

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
maxresdefault.jpg

yup, broly officially is in this, and he fights against a post-granolah arc kakarot, lmao
Broly is already > Moro confirmed

Toriyama always had plans for him, that’s why you don’t see him in the filler Moro and Granola arcs lmao

he would have swept through the arcs

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Broly is already > Moro confirmed

Toriyama always had plans for him, that’s why you don’t see him in the filler Moro and Granola arcs lmao

he would have swept through the arcs
"B But Moro was like the toughest fighter!! Previous fighter is always stronger than the last!! You're ignoring the Toriyamma way!!!"
:kobeha

Maddie

Acclaimed
The last leg of the fight will be identical to movie, but the first 2/3 of the fight will go stupidly over the top. I might add a comment that Gogeta predicts with his level of energy he could only maintain his form for at most 1 minute.

Kicking at the ground, Gogeta blasts away. In pursuit, Brolli disappears like a hurricane. Brolli begins firing continuous energy blasts with tremendous force. As he dodges them without, Gogeta makes his way to the upper stratosphere, after which he turns around, grips his fists around his hips and assumes a stance.Shining golden ki begins to envelop Gogeta's body. As Gogeta's power rises, his aura spreads like a fierce flame and his upright hair assumes a golden glow. However, Brolli does not falter. Clenching his fists, he accelerates and plunges in. Due to the opening created by him having just turned Super Saiyan, Gogeta is struck by a clean blow from Brolli which launches him into deep space with stars flashing by. Despite being blown away, Gogeta recovers by force and moves in for a counterattack on Brolli. Brolli gets blown away, but then counterattacks as well. Just like that, a fierce battle spanning interstellar space but too happening at physical range had just begun. Both of them endure planet breaking attacks as they continue to strike each other without hesitation. This fierce clash concludes with Gogeta's kick digging into Brolli's stomach. After launching Brolli into a lifeless rocky planet, Gogeta strikes with scattering ki blasts. Engulfed by a rain of ki blasts, Brolli tries to stand up as his body shakes. However, that lasted but an instant. Brolli gazes towards Gogeta, casts a barrier-like wall of ki around himself, and deflects the ki blasts before rising again. The overpressure and intensity of the fight ensuing sparked rays of light to rip through the planet and surrounding space, igniting all nearby planets into ecstatic fountains of plasmatic high velocity debris. Yet at a higher velocity was the ultimate fighter and the legendary Super Saiya-Jin, for all that could be seen was their quick phosphorescent auras of energy flashing across the stars as the speed of their fight intensifies. An even battle continued. As the ferocious fight was unfolding, a cocky smile could be seen on Gogeta's face. Brolli's punch connects and Gogeta is sent flying into a star, erupting it. But using this to his advantage, Gogeta who had just gained distance sidesteps himself gracefully, practically surfing on the waves of plasma emanating from the now dying star, gathers his hands at hip level in preparation for a ki blast stance.

In response to that from light years away, Brolli does the same. Energy containing the might of a different dimension collides between the two. A flash of light surges as a silent explosion expanded. The next instant, Gogeta and Brolli found themselves within a dimension describable as an ineffably massive “hall of mirrors” with oddly geometrically angled reflections of swirling galaxies and stars and the common depictions of universes in Dragon Ball. It is huge and wide open, and any mirrorlike structure is contrasted by the general ether which was an aimless abyss of cyan and violet swirls and streams of light with vibrant stellar-like flashes studding it. GESSJ comments, “What the” while upside down when Brolli slams into him and they recommence their fight. They maneuver and clash evenly, with each punch constantly shattering these mirrors causing holographic projections of galaxies flying to pass through and create a tubular hall of a warbling space-time vortex to form which they fight and slide on the surface of. After a few more exchanges Brolli gets blown away by Gogeta's kick, but quickly manages to stop himself mid-air and raise his power as his body begins to shake, causing another shattering effect revealing that this hall of mirrors was beginning to collapse, exemplified with the hues of teal and violent being changed to rapid shades of pulsating warmer colors. Quickly the fight pans back to the fight. As the holographic smoke of the realm clears, it is seen that Brolli released a sufficiently explosive ki, his hair was now glowing green, and his chi had just shot up even more, signifying he had reached the pinnacle Legendary Super Saiya-Jin form. However, regardless of that, Gogeta rushed in without wincing. Gogeta lands a punch on Brolli's cheek, but all it does is tilt Brolli's head, who then clenches his fist and drives it into Gogeta's belly, In an instant, Brolli proceeds to land a solid kick on the stunned Gogeta. Brolli chases after Gogeta, who gets blown away and crashes into the walls of the dimension, causing several shattering effects to rapidly shift the colors of the realm from maroon, to teal, to scarlet, to rainbow, and all at once and drives his fist into him. As the glittering energy gets smashed and blown into pieces, Gogeta is blown away once more through these boundaries into a new realm, which pulsates and shifts in color from black, white, scarlet, cyan rapidly, and cause and effect and depth perception seemingly warps and warbles. Gogeta gets back on his footing and firing up, his chi alters. In an instant, the aura surrounding his body had turned from gold to red. This change ignites the realm into a holographic reflective fire. Brolli could not fully react to the freshly turned Super Saiyan God Gogeta's movements. Now unable to withstand a punch to the jaw anymore, Brolli's posture is broken as he is getting pushed backwards. Left with no time to counterattack, Brolli receives a second blow, followed by a third one that drove his body straight into the dim ground. Now adapting his mind to equal Gogeta’s god form, Brolli gets up right away, opens his mouth in an instant and starts launching ki blasts. Gogeta ascends to dodge one of them, and then barely dodges the others. He responds by launching a similar barrage of ki blasts towards Brolli. Brolli side steps these blasts and jumps up to slam his fist into Gogeta’s gut. Gogeta intercepts Brolli’s heavy hit by grabbing his arms and throwing him down into the walls of the dimension, causing the realm’s consistency to start to shatter and warble near the point of collapsing. Brolli gets back up and prepares one big punch, which Gogeta, seeing from behind him the silhouette of a Planetary Orb permeating through the collapsing realm, smiles and answers with his own prepared punch. Both fly to collide when Gogeta’s hair shines blue for a split moment and the realm’s fires grow and become even more abstractly reflective. Vaguely seen from the quick flashes of exploding reflective fires are alternate versions of the fight: SSJ4 Gogeta vs LSSJ Brolli, SSJG Veggetto vs LSSJ Brolli, and SSJ4 Veggetto vs LSSJ Brolli. SSJB Gogeta and LSSJ Brolli go to collide their fists where in the background Their fists collide and suddenly this very realm shatters and explodes back to reality in the afternoon wasteland. The episode ends with Brolli screaming in rage and Gogeta smirking in his blue haired form.

Maddie

Acclaimed
And fucking opinion discarded. That entire arc was absolute chicken shit that the anime turned into a fucking buffet.
It's like saying the Anime version of ToP was too much while the Manga version was just right.
I just remembering liking the art, finding it some of Toyo's more dynamic and mature art, and that there was cooler stuff like Gamma Burst Flash.

I am not a fan of either version, I just remember liking what I saw in the manga

And I utterly despised both versions of ToP and only barely prefer the anime version due to the Goku vs Jiren fight\

I liked DBS soley for the BoG arc which I think animation notwithstanding was much better than the truly fucked up Freeza DBS saga, the U6 arc which ended great, the Goku vs Jiren fights, and Brolli. I overall prefer GT or OG Z.

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I just remembering liking the art, finding it some of Toyo's more dynamic and mature art, and that there was cooler stuff like Gamma Burst Flash.

I am not a fan of either version, I just remember liking what I saw in the manga

And I utterly despised both versions of ToP and only barely prefer the anime version due to the Goku vs Jiren fight\

I liked DBS soley for the BoG arc which I think animation notwithstanding was much better than the truly fucked up Freeza DBS saga, the U6 arc which ended great, the Goku vs Jiren fights, and Brolli. I overall prefer GT or OG Z.
The TOP should've had groups of four that all versed each other in one universe vs another scenarios, so that way we could get a better idea of who each team was, give things time to breathe, and better build up the characters they wanted to build up. The two teams on each end with the most victories move on while the others are erased for that huge shock factor moment. For example on who you could set up, match universe 7 up with universe 11 first and have the former get absolutely destroyed by the latter, who doesn't lose even a single member in any of their initial block battles. Perhaps have Jiren alone be the one to steamroll through all of universe 7, just to show how much of a monster he is. This would immediately put uni 7 on the backfoot and show off that they're not just cruising through opponents for the most part, but that they're involved in an uphill battle against the strongest universe competing in this tournament.

Also, I found Jiren rather boring, so I'd just lean in to the absurd with him completely, and have the feats he's performed in the past to hype him up read like some Chuck Norris-esque shit, just to sell off how retardedly powerful he is, as well as give him a proper, more fleshed-out backstory that doesn't seem tacked on at the very end because the writers forgot about it until then.

Oh, and this is just for my own personal bias, but I'd give Hit much more spotlight than he got, and have him be a top player that doesn't get jobbed out like a bitch. He'd be the first one to give Jiren a proper fight using his upgraded and more varied hax, and should he get eliminated, he goes out swinging like a champ. Because the way he was eliminated in both versions, ESPECIALLY that trashfire of a manga, treated him like a total afterthought and someone not worth remembering.

Maddie

Acclaimed
The TOP should've had groups of four that all versed each other in one universe vs another scenarios, so that way we could get a better idea of who each team was, give things time to breathe, and better build up the characters they wanted to build up. The two teams on each end with the most victories move on while the others are erased for that huge shock factor moment. For example on who you could set up, match universe 7 up with universe 11 first and have the former get absolutely destroyed by the latter, who doesn't lose even a single member in any of their initial block battles. Perhaps have Jiren alone be the one to steamroll through all of universe 7, just to show how much of a monster he is. This would immediately put uni 7 on the backfoot and show off that they're not just cruising through opponents for the most part, but that they're involved in an uphill battle against the strongest universe competing in this tournament.

Also, I found Jiren rather boring, so I'd just lean in to the absurd with him completely, and have the feats he's performed in the past to hype him up read like some Chuck Norris-esque shit, just to sell off how retardedly powerful he is, as well as give him a proper, more fleshed-out backstory that doesn't seem tacked on at the very end because the writers forgot about it until then.

Oh, and this is just for my own personal bias, but I'd give Hit much more spotlight than he got, and have him be a top player that doesn't get jobbed out like a bitch. He'd be the first one to give Jiren a proper fight using his upgraded and more varied hax, and should he get eliminated, he goes out swinging like a champ. Because the way he was eliminated in both versions, ESPECIALLY that trashfire of a manga, treated him like a total afterthought and someone not worth remembering.
You're either going to cringe or adore what I did for Jiren in my rewrite then. What I have so far is a very obviously hamfisted reference. Only wrench in what I wrote for him is Ultra Ego's existence which came 1 year after I wrote the fight.

I will find a way to make Hit more relevant, Toriyama said Goku would get 1-3 new rivals in DBS back in 2015, or was it just 2? Brolli is now obviously one of the two, so is Jiren. Hitto can be th eoother one.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
You're either going to cringe or adore what I did for Jiren in my rewrite then. What I have so far is a very obviously hamfisted reference. Only wrench in what I wrote for him is Ultra Ego's existence which came 1 year after I wrote the fight.

I will find a way to make Hit more relevant, Toriyama said Goku would get 1-3 new rivals in DBS back in 2015, or was it just 2? Brolli is now obviously one of the two, so is Jiren. Hitto can be th eoother one.
They sure as hell didn't treat him as one of the rivals in the TOP, that's for sure. :mjlol

Its Over

Illustrious
Banned Member
Manga handles Kefla power level much better. Lazy bums like them even in their SSJ2 or SSJBerserker form should be low diff material for base Goku. Base Gohan tied with Kefla is the best adaption in the manga.

Maddie

Acclaimed
They sure as hell didn't treat him as one of the rivals in the TOP, that's for sure. :mjlol
I am adding stuff to my Jiren fight as I have two renditions, one better written and the other more of a synopsis, but here are some things I did do:

In my rewrite I will make SSJB (*the 50x SSJG version) much rarer to use. It will be more similar to how in DBS Brolli it is a last resort. Furthermore, neither Goku or Vegeta start SSJB as the clean 50x multiplier (Which would be MSSJB). It requires too much godly chi they simply don’t have even with s-cells. Commonly in the rewrite characters will use either 10% or 50% SSJB forms when it is necessary and the biggest aesthetic difference would be the shade of blue is paler and less rich than MSSJB and the actual transformation sequence is quicker and more localized.

So they have to start with it simply being 10% when they first fight Golden Freeza. It then increases to 50% for Goku when he fights Hitto, that being the multiplier which secures his victory instead of the Kaio-Ken. It is only once Goku fights Goku Black that the full 100% SSJB multiplier is reached; the full scope of the SSJB transformation is also seen, as the sky and stars seemingly freeze in ice before the illusion is shattered to show a SSJB with blue fire and ice crystals and a much richer and vibrant cyan blue. When fighting Jiren, Vegeta will ascend to SSJBE which is a 100x multiplier. Goku throughout the tournament only ever really used SSJG; he was too swiftly stomped by Jiren and only went 50% SSJB when forcing the Genki-Dama on Jiren, and Goku gives way for Gohan to fight (And solidly beat) Kefla in my rewrite. Goku will use 50% SSJB again when fighting with 50% SSJB Vegeta against Jiren, but Vegeta will start going to 100% and then even beyond to SSJBE, Goku will equate to this by for the first time using a kaio-ken (x4) 50% SSJB (Goku doesn't want the spend the time going MSSJB).

Going back to the first Goku vs Jiren fight, in my rewrite Goku doesn’t go Ultra Instinct when he fights Jiren the first time. When Goku attempts using a Genki Dama, it fails and Goku is brutalized by the singularity it creates and falls to the ground out of commission until Freeza comes to protect him. Gohan fights and beats Kefla because fuck Kefla, and also Gohan defeats Dsypo without being eliminated.

Manga handles Kefla power level much better. Lazy bums like them even in their SSJ2 or SSJBerserker form should be low diff material for base Goku. Base Gohan tied with Kefla is the best adaption in the manga.

Gohan fodderizes Thotla and replaces Goku in Episode 131 to carry the tournament with Freeza in my rewrite

Its Over

Illustrious
Banned Member
I am adding stuff to my Jiren fight as I have two renditions, one better written and the other more of a synopsis, but here are some things I did do:

Gohan fodderizes Thotla and replaces Goku in Episode 131 to carry the tournament with Freeza in my rewrite
Base Goku who spends his days training under Whis should 1 shot these wannabe Super saiyan who eats tacos 24/7.

Its Over

Illustrious
Banned Member
Kefla exists, so sadly I have to make Kefla do well against Goku...

I will simply let Gohan trash Kefla
Gohan can have extreme diff fight with Kefla. Both eat tacos 24/7. Base Goku who trains with Whis 24/7 1 shot Kefla is far better writing.

Back