• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread: MBXX Ultra Ego

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Lmao I just realized something

remember how everyone kept saying “everyone is god tier in the anime”

and people insisted Goten/Trunks/Gotenks wasn’t?

well they’re keeping up with “god tier” SSJ Gohan just fine
Toriyama: Powerscaling? Hah! What the fuck is that? :mjlol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The fact that they couldn't do the same with the objectively better character in Hit. :wow
Hit was never relevant in Toriyama’s script

He was weaker than Super Saiyan God in his debut for the manga. He was always meant to be fodder. Only Toei made him stronger than he actually was

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Hit was never relevant in Toriyama’s script

He was weaker than Super Saiyan God in his debut for the manga. He was always meant to be fodder. Only Toei made him stronger than he actually was
I don't think it was in Tori's script that he's weaker than SS God, that's just something Trashtaro chose to do for his version. Lazeyama was okay with how Toei interpreted Hit in his intro arc.

Regardless though, Toei made him better than Lazeyama's garbage ass script, if that actually was the case, and definitely made him much better than the trash ass canon fanfic manga did, though that's no surprise. :mjlol

I don't think it was in Tori's script that he's weaker than SS God, that's just something Trashtaro chose to do for his version. Lazeyama was okay with how Toei interpreted Hit in his intro arc.

Regardless though, Toei made him better than Lazeyama's garbage ass script, if that actually was the case, and definitely made him much better than the trash ass canon fanfic manga did, though that's no surprise. :mjlol

That's why I respect the Anime more than the Manga despite it's faults.
Actually gave us a ToP worth remembering.
Actually tried to build up Gohan and everyone else for the ToP(Even KRILLIN came off better in the Anime compared to the manga where he was just thrown out unceremoniously)
Zamasu and Goku Black actually had memorable characters
Hit actually improved as did the other U6 Tournament fighters
Actually didn't really do anyone in the other Universes in the ToP Arc dirty.
I wouldn't be surprised if TOEI isn't continuing the Anime because they know Toriyama would force them to do Moro and Granolah the way he wants them to and like... yeah, no.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Piccolo supposedly uses his giant form in the movie (“but with a catch”)

he forgot it existed until Krillin reminded him about it

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Piccolo supposedly uses his giant form in the movie (“but with a catch”)

he forgot it existed until Krillin reminded him about it
It has a catch now? And Krillin had to be the one to remind him of his own technique? The fuckery just continues, doesn't it? :mjlol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Doesn’t help that official material confirms it takes place after Moro

FRbzV0qVUAIAJIT

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I said this on Nardoforums, but

In Toriyama’s mind, Super Saiyan Blue is the next strongest form after Ultra Instinct

that explains why Beerus hasn’t been surpassed yet despite the anime and manga churning out new forms…Toriyama isn’t aware of them

he knows about Ultra Instinct (and I’m pretty sure it’s meant to be stronger than the GoDs in Toriyama’s vision) but that’s locked out in the movies (the real canon)

that also explains why Jiren is still relevant….he wasn’t actually surpassed 😬

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I said this on Nardoforums, but

In Toriyama’s mind, Super Saiyan Blue is the next strongest form after Ultra Instinct

that explains why Beerus hasn’t been surpassed yet despite the anime and manga churning out new forms…Toriyama isn’t aware of them

he knows about Ultra Instinct (and I’m pretty sure it’s meant to be stronger than the GoDs in Toriyama’s vision) but that’s locked out in the movies (the real canon)

that also explains why Jiren is still relevant….he wasn’t actually surpassed 😬
I mean, Goku only got over him in the anime because of UI, so it stands to reason that, without it, he'd still be significantly weaker than Jiren. As would Vegeta.

Then again, considering Toriyama's involvement with both the anime and the manga, I have a hard time believing he didn't become aware of the other forms. He probably just either didn't care, or forgot about them. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. :mjlol Also, that means the promotional statement in the anime of Jiren > GODs could still hold weight. Something I personally don't care for, seeing as his backstory and character are terrible, but eh, whatever.

Also, funnily enough, this would mean Hit would still be relevant in the sense he would be at a similar enough level of power to Goku and Vegeta, minus the UI thing, at least in the anime version. Of course, Lazeyama's no doubt already forgot about him, so off he goes to the bin of irrelevance, unfortunately. Senile old bastard, when he does eventually get cajoled into doing a planet Sadala arc where they visit universe 6, will probably have to be reminded by Trashtaro of all people that he even exists.:kobeha

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Said this on the other forum

“Yeah, and I don’t think 17 was meant to be god tier either. Toyo and Toei (the latter even admitted it) threw him a bone too

out of the main cast (living on Earth), Toriyama only views Goku and Vegeta as god tier

maybe in his mind, god ki actually means something “

The intent is clear. Toriyama doesn’t view anyone on Earth besides Goku and Vegeta as god tier. God ki and SSB are actually meant to be hot-shit, but Toei and Toyo realized that wouldn’t work in a long running series outside of the movies so they bumped up Gohan, 17, etc

Chances are Ultimate Gohan will be Buu saga Ultimate level, but his new power up will boost him to god tier (officially, in Toriyama’s mind at least)

Back