• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Dragon Ball Discussion Thread: MBXX Ultra Ego

Its Over

Illustrious
Banned Member
Base Gohan tied with Kefla is still the most common sense of power scaling in the manga.

We have Goku and Vegeta trained so hard from Hyperbolic Time Chamber to being trained by Whis and Caulifla and Kale for some reason without any hard training like those 2 can compete with Goku and Vegeta.

Satisfying Gohan alone was enough to fight Potara Fusion of those 2. Power scaling wise base Goku should clap SSJ2 Caulifla and SSJ Berserker Kale shouldn't be that strong to hurt Golden Frieza like that who needed to be fought by SSJB Goku after how many years of hard training under Whis.

Last edited:

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Had Cuckhan customized his car insurance, he would a stand a chance against Boro!
dragon-ball-super-gohan-vs-moro-manga-62-spoilers-1229954.jpeg

EQYAI7RXsAE9PEE.jpg
Gohan looking more and more like Yamcha.

:kannasip

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
If I wrote DBS, I would have Merged Zamasu ragequit from being bodied by Veggetto and absorb the Time Ring to start degenerating/evolving into Infinite Zamasu over time. As with how Veggetto defused in the manga in Boo's body (Due to the dark aura in Boo's body), the dark energy Infinite Zamasu starts emanating defuses Veggetto. Infinite Zamasu starts merging with reality. Future Trunks defeats Infinite Zamasu with his spirit sword slashing it at the heavens cleansing time and space from Infinite Zamasu, thus his universe isn't poof'd by Zen'o.

I just have to find a way to bring the second Zen'o to the main timeline now.
Or here's a thought. Have there be only one Zen'o, and have his existence be beyond the concept of time itself to sell just how powerful he is compared to everyone else.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Or here's a thought. Have there be only one Zen'o, and have his existence be beyond the concept of time itself to sell just how powerful he is compared to everyone else.
I am trying to keep it somewhat close to the original DBS, at least in broad strokes. Not that I necessarily want that. I hated how DBS handled timelines. I wanted it so that each individual universe had all of its own timelines and there was only one multiverse with one Zen'o. Thus Zen'o would be much higher into multiversal as he can destroy several dozens (to infinite) timelines

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I am trying to keep it somewhat close to the original DBS, at least in broad strokes. Not that I necessarily want that. I hated how DBS handled timelines. I wanted it so that each individual universe had all of its own timelines and there was only one multiverse with one Zen'o. Thus Zen'o would be much higher into multiversal as he can destroy several dozens (to infinite) timelines
Why bother trying to keep it closer? They dropped the ball, and Toyo's doing his best to drop it even harder like a complete twat.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Why bother trying to keep it closer? They dropped the ball, and Toyo's doing his best to drop it even harder like a complete twat.
I am mostly desperately trying to piece together what as likely Toriyama's original draft or not, or what he suggested.

So like Episode 12 universal clash happened in both the manga and anime, and both released so close to one another (Within a week) it's not like one side took from the other. So the idea that Goku and Beerus punching breaking down the universe must have been part of the original draft. Beyond the parts like that, IDC what to change.

Though I have bended the rules. In my rewrite Whis has no time rewind, and Freeza destroys Earth, but Vegeta survives the explosion and when they find him unconscious in space a desperate Freeza flies to attack the still weakened Goku only to be killed by Vegeta who just woke up from his unconscious state. The U6 tournament thus is a battle to get the Super Dragon Balls to bring back Earth. Also would have introduced Zamasu in the U6 arc. Gowasu learned about the tournament in secret and wanted to bring Zamasu to watch it under the pretext that it could serve as a good exercise in watching others fight and taking inspiration for his disciple Zamasu. Zamasu's
absolutist sense of justice will have foreshadowing when he overreacts to Frost and Hit being on the U6 team.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I am mostly desperately trying to piece together what as likely Toriyama's original draft or not, or what he suggested.

So like Episode 12 universal clash happened in both the manga and anime, and both released so close to one another (Within a week) it's not like one side took from the other. So the idea that Goku and Beerus punching breaking down the universe must have been part of the original draft. Beyond the parts like that, IDC what to change.

Though I have bended the rules. In my rewrite Whis has no time rewind, and Freeza destroys Earth, but Vegeta survives the explosion and when they find him unconscious in space a desperate Freeza flies to attack the still weakened Goku only to be killed by Vegeta who just woke up from his unconscious state. The U6 tournament thus is a battle to get the Super Dragon Balls to bring back Earth. Also would have introduced Zamasu in the U6 arc. Gowasu learned about the tournament in secret and wanted to bring Zamasu to watch it under the pretext that it could serve as a good exercise in watching others fight and taking inspiration for his disciple Zamasu. Zamasu's
absolutist sense of justice will have foreshadowing when he overreacts to Frost and Hit being on the U6 team.
Or for the Whis thing, you could have him keep his time rewind, but he doesn't use it for Earth. He only uses it for demonstrations and such while he's teaching Goku and Vegeta in Beerus' realm, which allows him to get away with it. Outside of there, he'd remain neutral and not use it to help them restore Earth, as that's not his job.
:mjlol

Maddie

Acclaimed
Or for the Whis thing, you could have him keep his time rewind, but he doesn't use it for Earth. He only uses it for demonstrations and such while he's teaching Goku and Vegeta in Beerus' realm, which allows him to get away with it. Outside of there, he'd remain neutral and not use it to help them restore Earth, as that's not his job.
Mostly because I don't like breaking Chekov's technique. Whis showed that he time resets; why would he show it unless it will be used?

Well, on the other hand, this is Dragon Ball

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Mostly because I don't like breaking Chekov's technique. Whis showed that he time resets; why would he show it unless it will be used?

Well, on the other hand, this is Dragon Ball
That Chekhov's gun could be saved for a later arc, potentially when Whis is given the go-ahead to actually try, which would no doubt be for a massive threat.

Sigismund

I mean, in the sprit of Toriyama, Vegetto having an unknown timelimit because the Kai's are insular enough that they don't even know how it functions on morals kinda sells the upcoming "Universe 7 is dead last, even behind fucking Mad Max furries being overwatched by someone who doesn't even bother to take of his wife beater after he became the God of his universe". Its completely unintentional, so 100% in line with Toriyama's style.

Also the OG explanation they figured in the manga was "Bad air" not "dark enegry". They had no idea why they defused either, and the most damning point, that Vegetto only existed because Gogeta got his movie in the middle of the Buu saga and Toriyama explicily didn't want to steal the movies thunder as he as said in interviews. Its likely the timelimit was always a factor for that fight, which was being written at the time of the movies production, so I find everyone bitching about it hilarious.

Reactions: Ral

Maddie

Acclaimed
Why did they ditch Shintani for this
Or at the very least why didn't they use the guys who did the Dragon Quest XI cutscenes?

Reactions: Ral

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Guys

This is post-Granola arc Goku, and he still considers Broly a good sparring partner

Broly, the guy who normally doesn’t like fighting and doesn’t train, is still relevant in Goku’s eyes

and nerds try to feed into their delusion that he’s been left in the dust :bookerskully

I want all the dweebs who said Broly is nothing to get on their knees and beg for forgiveness

dcynou0-3276ca9d-cd5d-4e7a-8e2b-c2419eeb7312.png

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
This movie may end up being trashy cgi, but if it doesn't even acknowledge the shitty Moro and Granolah arcs, effectively making them garbage manga exclusive, then this movie will have at least done one thing right.

Back