Dungeons & Dragons Feats and Lore General

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Fuck it we're talking about the book that made fighters great again, the Book of Weeaboo Fightan Magic.
51650.jpg

The Sublime Way is weeaboo martial arts a fighting system that allows its practitioners (known as Martial Adepts) to perform nearly superhuman (and even some supernatural) feats. Though it is not magical in nature, some theorize its maneuvers are performed by harnessing ki.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

A human named Reshar was able to learn and master all nine disciplines in the Sublime Way. In the process, he manage to live over a century, with "age never touching him."
Untitled.png

The three martial adept classes introduced are the crusader, swordsage, and warblade (the best one imo).
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Crusaders are explicitly described as being capable of shattering boulders.
Untitled.png

Warblades can instantly become an expert or even a master at a specific type of weapon just by practicing with it for an hour.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

A brief look at the disciplines themselves. Desert Wind revolves around speed and mobility and allows its users to manipulate fire. Devoted Spirit is specialized against creatures opposed to the martial adept's cause and keeping them alive when others would fall (more on that later). Diamond Mind explicitly says adepts that practice it "can act in slivers of time so narrow that others cannot even perceive them." Iron Heart is centered around its users achieving superhuman skill with weapons. Same setting with Fighters and this is what's considered superhuman, let that sink in.
Untitled.png

Setting Sun is focused on using an opponent's strength and speed against them (in the martial arts 'throw them around' type of way... but really good). Shadow Hand grants a user limited ice and shadow manipulation (and other stuff). Stone Dragon is stronk. Tiger Claw allows martial adepts to take on animal characteristics, and White Raven literally uses shouts and battlecries infused with ki to "give two warriors the strength of five, and five warriors the strength of twenty."
Untitled.png

Devoted Spirit Crusaders who are in the Immortal Fortitude can literally become tough enough to not die from wounds (they can still be haxed to death though).
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Devoted Spirit Crusaders can use the Foehammer maneuver to ignore natural defenses and damage reduction.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Shadow Hand Swordsages can mimic air walking with Balance On The Sky.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Shadow Hand Swordsages can straight up teleport.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Shadow Hand Swordsages can become intangible.
Untitled.png

Shadow Hand Swordsages can paralyze others with a touch.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Stone Dragon maneuvers and stances can only be initiated while in contact with the ground.
Untitled.png

Diamond Mind Warblades and Swordsages can use Time Stands Still to "move at the speed of thought", while also stating that raindrops are at a standstill in comparison. The description then mentions rapidly attacking faster than the eye can follow, doubling down on the "this shit is superhuman" angle. If you can't tell why this shit is impressive, go back to what I said about "this is the same setting with Fighters, and this is considered superhuman."
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

There's also the Nine Swords themselves which are mentioned in the book but I don't feel like talking about that now because I forgot there was shit I had to do today so I need to go do that first :mjlol

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So I started playing Neverwinter (and by that I mean a couple hours lol) :kannasip

Main thing to note about it was that it was made during 4E's existence, aka the era where it was made extremely obvious that everyone was superhuman + the era where the verse got ridiculous buffs. It's pretty obvious if gameplay is anything to go by.

Though there was something interesting I found in one of the in-game books.

Though Neverwinter initially escaped the Spellplague with little damage, the cataclysm's earthquakes tore open the Chasm, spilling the blue flame of the Plaguefire within the city's walls. When Lord Neverember first arrived in Neverwinter 16 years later, numerous Spellscarred plague victims and Plaguechanged monsters roamed the city's ruins and outskirts.
Neverember knew the city would never thrive again so long as people feared the Spellplague. So he took drastic action, ordering the exile of any Spellscarred from Neverwinter on pain of death. Often referred to as "The Protector's Law", this harsh measure was unpopular with many, and rebel movements still point to the pain and suffering it caused as sources of their revolt.

After 10 years under the Protector's Law, the Spellplague has nearly been eliminated within Neverwinter. To combat the unrest generated by the Protector's Law, Lord Neverember now funds research into cures for the Spellplague, and pays for the treatment of the plague's Spellscarred survivors at the Sanatorium of Helm's Hold. Furthermore, Spellscarred soldiers are given the option to volunteer at the defenses of Scar Keep, protecting the city from further incursions from the Chasm.

The Protector's Law is still controversial, and though it's mostly accepted, many in Neverwinter have been affected by it to some degree. Further, it is whispered that in the lawless areas outside the Protector's Enclave there are hidden places where desperate victims of the Plague hide, hoping for a miraculous cure.

The Spellplague has ended by this point. Why is this significant? Because the Spellplague was the Forgotten Realms explanation for how the standard Vancian magic system was temporarily replaced by the powers and rituals system in 4th Edition. This just shows that adventurers are still ridiculously powerful.

Which is hilarious, because now it started including stuff based on 5E adventures and monsters. There's probably some shit in here that might have some upgrades, but given my overall lack of interest in MMOs, it'll depend on whether I really like the game itself or not. But it at least shows us a more accurate depiction of power levels in D&D so far.:gura

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
More stuff from the Tome of Battle.

Swordsages can, with their attacks, cause shadows to form from their opponent's heart and spread to the rest of the body, affecting their legs, arms, or heart.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Stone Dragon martial adepts can knock foes back up to 20 feet away with a single blow. This includes foes far larger than themselves.
Untitled.png

Setting Sun Swordsages can throw an enemy up to 60 feet away. This also includes foes much larger than themselves.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Iron Heart Warblades can use Wall of Blades to block an attack with their weapon, doing so with the speed of a thunderbolt according to the description. The description also mentions the warblade's mastery with weapons (by this point the warblade is at minimum level 3), and mechanically it allows a warblade to easily defend against attacks that others cannot, which only gives credence that warblades are > fighters and barbarians both physically and skill-wise.
Untitled.png

Diamond Mind swordsages and warblades can "see" invisible and sneaking foes using their hearing, with Hearing the Air stance.
Untitled.png

An illustration also shows that the above claim isn't an exaggeration.
Untitled.png

Martial Adepts with Shards of Granite can break through the hardness of objects, partnered by an illustration of a swordsage easily destroying an iron golem's leg.
Untitled.png

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
All Deities & Demigods splatbooks include statblocks for all of the main deities (specifically Greyhawk ones), as well as including stats for deities from other, historical pantheons. I'll be taking a look at the 3rd Edition version of the book and showing some examples (we'd be here all day if I went over everyone).

Everyone from the D&D (Greyhawk) Pantheon is represented, using stats for Bahamut as an example.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

The Olympian/Greek Pantheon is also represented. I will be using Zeus as an example.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

The Pharaohnic/Egyptian Pantheon is also represented, using Osiris as an example.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Finally we have the Asgardian/Nordic Pantheon, using Odin as an example.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Remember that these sorts of books were a thing since 1st Edition, since player characters eventually got so strong that only gods could challenge them properly. The whole deal of "plucky adventurers running the fade with god at the end" was a thing from the beginning.

Back