• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Fallout New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

This aligns more with his hostile Indie or Indie play in general, though. It‘s called Survival mode. He‘s casting as wide a net as possible, including everyone and their dog except for himself, just so there‘s enough doubt on everyone so he can survive longer by pushing everyone. Which is why I think he‘s hostile Indie here rather than scum. Thing is, lynching a hostile Indie here could also cost us the game with no scum flip so far. So I‘m not sure about this direction. And with how hard Ekko is being pushed now this just makes me pause and think he‘s being used as a distraction.
I would agree with this, actually, because one benefit his Gram tunnel would serve him is being kept around by scum as a distraction.

Doddsy

Mafia God
I do, because you have to weigh up how plausible it would be that they *could* create doubt on an IC confirmed by the host. I'd go as far as to say Ekko is the only player capable of seeing the host post the role PM of the IC and *still* claim that they're not confirmed town. Ekko, no doubt, is aware of this too. However you slice it, Scum!Ekko genuinely attempting to cast doubt on the IC makes little sense all around, he would no doubt be aware of how futile his attempts would be, and even if in spite of all this, he achieves his goal of getting people to doubt Gram, where does he go from there? Get Gram lynched and look awful? Have Gram beat him back by playing obviously townie? There is a lot of effort here for minimal gain, and I don't really feel like you've thought this through much.
Probably a fair point, but it's also not my main concern with ekkos play

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
If that's the case I'd expect him to admit to it if he's on the verge
He won‘t. The guy lies even when he‘s already hammered. You can forget about him ever confessing s***. He‘s such a liar he still pretended to be the character of his killed scum mate, even when he already flipped lol.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Also Phenom is probably just scum here:

I can’t see the specific number of scum targeting a person, just if a scum player is on my target or not and my vig shot is reloadable. So you’re just making up shit about my role Ratchet just fyi
Accuses Ratchet of making things up here while not pushing or voting for him. If I think somebody makes things up about my role, I assume that player is scum and go after them. He looks scared to do just that, however, since his next vote is on Ekko.

Ratchet

Accuses Ratchet of making things up here while not pushing or voting for him. If I think somebody makes things up about my role, I assume that player is scum and go after them. He looks scared to do just that, however, since his next vote is on Ekko.
Just to save me the future headache, is this going to be another point you manufacture to claim I must be scum with Phenom or something? I would point out that Phenom only addressed the letter of my argument regarding his role - not the spirit of it.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Just to save me the future headache, is this going to be another point you manufacture to claim I must be scum with Phenom or something? I would point out that Phenom only addressed the letter of my argument regarding his role - not the spirit of it.
Nope. Just an observation. Idk why he isn‘t pushing you there. At least putting pressure on you. I would expect him to at least interact with you after this. Instead he just piles on Ekko and dips. Makes me think he‘s just scum regardless of what you are. You can also be Town. The LR is giving me a headache, though, but who knows what abilities scum have, so welp.

Ratchet

Nope. Just an observation. Idk why he isn‘t pushing you there. At least putting pressure on you. I would expect him to at least interact with you after this. Instead he just piles on Ekko and dips. Makes me think he‘s just scum regardless of what you are. You can also be Town. The LR is giving me a headache, though, but who knows what abilities scum have, so welp.
Pretty sure I gave a comprehensive explanation for my lightning rod use - not sure why you would just ignore that entirely despite you claiming that you simply couldn't reconcile it beforehand.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Pretty sure I gave a comprehensive explanation for my lightning rod use - not sure why you would just ignore that entirely despite you claiming that you simply couldn't reconcile it beforehand.
I‘m still thinking about it. You brought up points I can see Town you considering as well, else I would be pushing you right now. What bothers me more is that I can‘t think of scenarios how this would fail. But we‘ll see with the scum flips we‘re hopefully getting soon. Also insulting my intelligence and calling my points garbage when they‘re completely valid doesn‘t help here either. Just makes me pissed because I am thinking so much about this I even dreamt about a f***ing lightning rod last night.

Whatever, though, see you all in the evening. I‘m at the party now.

Doddsy

Mafia God
Can you explain to me why that makes him scum and not just, well, a bit of a moron?
I mean it's possible but I feel like he more so has a few particular targets among his susses, and normally has quite a lot of town leans which I don't think he does this game

Phenom was the vig right? Was their confirmed kill?

PHEN0M

GOATN0M
I’m town but any desire to actively play has been killed by Ekko’s idiocy if I’m being honest. I won’t be around much until the guy who keeps suggesting the mod confirmed innocent child could be scum is out of the game, hence my vote on him. If you feel the need to lynch me over him or anyone else, that’s your prerogative but I’m not going to subject myself to this game any further until he’s gone.

Ratchet

I‘m still thinking about it. You brought up points I can see Town you considering as well, else I would be pushing you right now. What bothers me more is that I can‘t think of scenarios how this would fail. But we‘ll see with the scum flips we‘re hopefully getting soon. Also insulting my intelligence and calling my points garbage when they‘re completely valid doesn‘t help here either. Just makes me pissed because I am thinking so much about this I even dreamt about a f***ing lightning rod last night.

Whatever, though, see you all in the evening. I‘m at the party now.
Half of this post has no real relevance to what I asked, I stand by my claim that your points are mostly garbage. I, too, cannot think of a scenario where it could fail, but if I'm lying about it all, why am I even bothering to lie about something that would be contradicted straight away? The best reason I can think of is so I get to say this now, so I can understand not town reading me over it, but by that same logic scum reading me for it is similarly a wash. I'll also note that I've been the one mostly refuting scenarios for my ability to fail, which to me appears to be another element of the discussion you've neglected to consider.

Ratchet

I’m town but any desire to actively play has been killed by Ekko’s idiocy if I’m being honest. I won’t be around much until the guy who keeps suggesting the mod confirmed innocent child could be scum is out of the game, hence my vote on him. If you feel the need to lynch me over him or anyone else, that’s your prerogative but I’m not going to subject myself to this game any further until he’s gone.
This is probably confirmation bias on my part, but I think you're playing to Gram here by expressing sentiments you know he would find agreeable. I don't really think you've earned this position - you haven't been subjected to his idiotic tunnelling much this game (compared to, say, me) so I don't really think your enjoyment of this game/desire to play is married to one idiot's moronic rambling. Crucially, you don't seem to believe he's scum here, more so want to lynch out of an emotion towards his presence.

PHEN0M

GOATN0M
okay thanks for explaining to me how i personally feel about the situation, glad you know that better than I do

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
because....

no result....

means....

action...

failed...

usually...

it shud be enough to u that i scum read nom. i dont need to say hey guys i watched psychic and got no result

for all i know she could have simply commuted

would any of u claim getting a no result on psychic n1? knowing full well u could be roleblcoked or psychic could have commuted? i made sure to ask psychic what type of ability she used on herself cuz i was expecting her to say commute

another question

why wud i not say i watched psychic and saw phenom? why claim that to begin with? fuji only saw me visit TAT n3, which i was gna claim anyway since im out of shots

can someone point me to the *lie* im being caught on lol
Okay so your sus of him has nothing to do with the fact you didn't see him visit, got it

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
I thought about that situation some more and setting aside his other No Results, Ekko getting blocked n1 at least isn't the hella unlikeliest thing in the world. I really don't wanna fall into a false dichotomy and mislynch both dudes back to back.

Idk the more I think about it the more I wanna go Doddsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back