Event Finding Nina

Use this prefix to host events.

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
d20 + 0 insight + 2 proficiency

19 total
Having thought it over for a long time you reach the conclusion that the way in involved some sort of word puzzle and that the numbers 3,3 are telling you how long the answer is and it’s two three letter words your looking for, probably have to say them out loud to trigger the entrance.

You’re 100% sure on this and also 100% sure that there’s nothing else to be found so whatever the trick is involves the four words somehow carved out of the indestructible blackstone

Begone
Elfin
Excess
Decay

You get the feeling that the answer is close and you’ll soon breach the fortress walls. Also your squire is starting to piss you off with his constant attention seeking all day, you should go kill him, or don’t, I think that’s the sword talking.

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
"Even after thinking it over, I still have no idea"
You have a +6 to investigation, try an investigation roll. You don’t have to know shit for Shahem to know shit. Throw d20’s at all of your problems

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
You can use your Inspiration dice to get a boost to your Invest check

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Robe: Adds 1 AC to armor total
Hat: gives a -1 to all saving rolls from the casters spells
Staff: Extra Spell Slot
You roll a 10 for investigation, you have no further insight as to what the answer is but you think that casting the Comprehend Languages spell might help you out here

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Need some real forum games on this ish.

Hate to see this one whither away :maybe
It’s a cryptic crossword with dnd slapped on it. It isn’t the right adventure for our intrepid heroes.

I made it for the cryptic crossword community and was using these guys as guinea pigs

Reactions: Ral

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
15 across: The entrance is blackstone, the words begone, elfin, decay, excess carved out of it. (3,3)

The definition part of the clue is ‘The entrance’.

The wordplay part of the clue is that the carved out words are removalisms, they indicate that certain letters need to be removed from a word in order to form the answer proper.

Begone - remove the letter b, b is gone
Elfin - remove the letter l, l is fin and here fin is short for finished
Decay - remove the letter k, the answer must be de-K’d. The prefix ‘de’ is most commonly used this way (Detox, degrease, derail, etc)
Excess - remove the letter s, here it is the ex-s as in the former s but no longer. Like an ex-president

These are all carved out of blackstone and when you remove b, l, k and s from blackstone you are left with actone. The 3,3 is enumeration for the clue and ‘Act one’ is the answer.

The entrance to a play for example would be act one.

It’s a devious clue even by cryptic crossword standards, in this crossword it didn’t even make the top 5 of most difficult clues to solve.

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
You need to love cryptic crosswords for this adventure to flourish, it’s 100% based around solving cryptic clues and jam packed full of cryptic crossword references. Cruciverbius and Nina for instance are both references to the hobby

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Does the Comprehend Languages spell work for decrypting wordplay? As it’s written in the DnD 5e rules it wouldn’t, wordplay isn’t a language. It’s similar to how AI’s like ChatGPT are absolutely terrible at solving cryptic clues.

• Pepeshook
Back