• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

General Chat Lounge Convo: #1

Bloody hell, my theater is going to not only close after this Tuesday, it's going to be replaced by a stupid logistics store or in laymen's terms, a warehouse.

and worst of all, I've been trying to get my best friend who's been having sciatic issues to the point of being forced to use a walker to go longer distances on his own since the last months of 2019 to come all the way from his area to mine in a span of 14 miles using either a subway or an uber car.

sucks that he and I haven't been going to this theater since his back and leg issues preceding even COVID itself, nevermind the lockdowns from the pandemic.

Yep it begins...

My final movie in that theater will officially be Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire.

Even though I've never watched the first Godzilla vs Kong nor do I recall watching any kaiju movies off the top of my head outside of the 1999 Americanized version of Godzilla and the 2005 Peter Jackson King Kong, this is one movie I don't mind ending my traditional theater experience with in the one spot I've been going to for no less than two consecutive decades.

Though my friend ain't interested in Godzilla or King Kong movies sadly. I think they're both pretty legendary and iconic and I say that as someone who isn't exactly the most hardcore fan of both franchises in the grand scheme of things.

Guess we'll just hang around on the second floor playing whatever arcade games there exist like Space Invaders Frenzy and maybe Mario Kart before making like Arnold Schwarzenegger and saying:

Arnold Schwarzenegger Goodbye GIF

To think that my movie-going experience at this one spot would go all the way from a science fiction movie starring Kneau Reeves like the first Matrix movie near the cusp of Y2K

all the way to a kaiju film in the form of a sequel to a modern-day incarnation of two great movie icons duking it out on screen: Godzilla vs Kong.

Back