General Comics Discussion: ROM gets ONE-PUNCH BANNED edition

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Here we can discuss about comics, be it old, new, Marvel, Darkhorse, or DC. This is the thread for all your general comic discussion needs.

We can talk about feats, powerscaling, and even make summaries of abilities or character tier-lists.

Just one thing...NO WANK! M'kaay.

Have fun lads.

2LxDGVo.png

Maddie

Acclaimed

Can anyone comment or look over this thread?

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
RCO009.jpg
RCO010.jpg
RCO011.jpg
RCO012.jpg

This is a great example of mixing visuals and storytelling to get a point across, albeit context is required to get the full effect of this scene.

I could totally see this being animated, but any hopes of that are long gone.

Maddie

Acclaimed
so how does DC cosmology work anyway
every one of the 52 universes is a multiverse? how does the dark multiverse fit into that ?
Each of the 52 universes run on MWI, meaning they are not just universal but multiversal+, x52 that's megaversal

Metaverse sounds Megaversal+

Godsphere exists beyond it all and is a platonic space of dreams and ideas, arguably omniversal IMO

Dark Multiverse is larger than the entire monitor-sphere, that's omniversal at least I would assume

so how does DC cosmology work anyway
every one of the 52 universes is a multiverse? how does the dark multiverse fit into that ?
The Dark Multiverse is made up of the nightmares of every single Universe’s inhabitants

that’s why they say its an infinity bigger than infinity, because each universe has branching timelines and such, while the Bleed has infinite universes.

every conscious being is responsible for The Dark Multiverse, iirc.

and since the source wall is broken, there are likely more universes beyond that.

Maddie

Acclaimed
the bleed contains infinite multiverses and the metaverse of infinity^2 universes branching out ad infinitum, it's most certianly megaversal+

The godsphere exists outside of all of it and is basically a conceptual metarealm that sees everything under it as mere ficticious shadows they cast their own shadows (Darkseid avatars or "emanations") upon. I would argue that is omniversal tbh.

OBD too outdated/shallow on DC cosmology. It's actually pretty complex.

Albeit I am basing it all on the Morrison cosmology IDEK what Flashpoint has retconned it to rip

Maddie

Acclaimed
You’re getting your timelines mixed up

the shit you’re discussing IS Flashpoint cosmology. Morrison did the entire Map of The DC Universe AFTER Flashpoint
oh

I never payed attention to new 52/rebirth stuff and base what I know off Final Crisis, with little tidbits I got from flashpoint on debate forums

Godsphere sounds omniversal IMO tho

Maddie

Acclaimed
You never read Morrison’s own Multiversity?
I got most of post crisis done except Brightest Day (Found it boring) and Flashpoint (Never finished Brightest Day). Never got to post flashpoint. Last story i read in its fullest was Blackest Night (Which I found cool)

Would Omniversal Godsphere be too outlandish of a claim given the bleedspace holds the metaverse and the godsphere sees all of that as mere shadowy fictions?

Back