general tokusatsu feats and discussion thread (including pr and series of that level too)

Okay, I was done with Time Force 2 days ago... but seriously, what CAN I say about Time Force that anyone hasn't?
It's one of Power Rangers best seasons for a reason:
-A Cast with Personalities and Character with real development that felt natural and organic
-A Villain Cast with the same deal and actually felt threatening with their own development that fit their tone?
-Great Music Selection
-Nice mix of original scenes and Japanese footage to the point it further adds well to the show?
-And the original scenes and characters ultimately make it that much different than it's Japanese counterpart despite being extremely similar?

Like the only real negative I have of Time Force is Nadira and that's more because her high pitch sometimes got on my nerves but that's literally it.
I do have some random things to talk about which I found amusing:
- Eric Myers having to randomly find himself into the action because his character is included in the Japanese footage?(Although to be fair, this actually makes sense since he usually shows up when the Monsters are spotted or when the Rangers are morphed AND he IS the Leader of the Silver Guardians, a group with high-tech and tied to a major corporation so it's not as egregious as it should be which is why it's just funny to me)
Although Movie Madness had him even without that as he really didn't morph until they was out of there AND the villain explicitly scouted him.

- 9/11 Took away the Building Explosions... fuck.

- It's funny that one of the Dairangers final villains of their Season... was literally Ransik's minion that had a hard-on for Nadira.

And that's basically it. Great Season overall and a worthy jumping in point if Mighty Morphin' is someone's cup of tea.

Going through Wild Force and the first(and could have been the last) Disney Era show.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

just posting most of the calcs in order to keep them in archive state

And now I'm done with Wild Force and as a true finale to the Saban Era... it was definitely good to great(Again fuck TvTropes for pretending Linkara had anything to do with it gaining good reception).

I'll admit one thing upfront:
The Cast? Not as good as Time Force's(Tall fucking Order) but they are still surprisingly better than most other casts. Cole is absolutely a Top 10 Red Ranger(shame his Actor ultimately poisoned the character) and actually has some real depth and meat to him(Even after everything that has happened between him and Master Org, he STILL pays his respects to him despite having zero reason to ever do so speaks volumes), Taylor is a really well done Yellow Ranger, if even a little basic at times. Max is honestly a decent Blue Ranger even if they stuck to the kid thing a bit too much(He's an adult, it's kinda weird lol). Danny is honestly a little cringe but more in the sheer hilarity of how hard his Actor tries to make him a major geek but otherwise I can respect that for giving some character there. Alyssa is also cool for that same reason once she finally got her own episode but otherwise felt the least developed until then. Merrick was a great 6th Ranger with a really unique gimmick that the series does lean on well.

Now to get to the most obvious thing ever:
Master Org is honestly one of the most in depth, hateable and thoroughly ENJOYABLE villains I have seen. Like he's legit the complete opposite of Ransik in every way and even comes off better than Zedd post-character change due to basically gaining the simple aspect of being a once beloved Doctor turned into an absolutely petty monster. He even goes through a "character arc" of ultimately dying(Symbolically Dr. Adler's death) and truly becomes Master Org and becomes one of the most bullshit villains in the series(Literally only dies after he gets ganged up on after being jumped by 100 Zords AND the Power Rangers at once and otherwise just murdered the Rangers and their Zords).
You then have the standouts like Onikage, Zen-Aku, Toxica and Jindrax who each had their own personalities, actually being smart and memorable and even having character arcs.
The only real negative is how bleh Mandilok(As to "replace" Master Org for quite a few episodes) is but considering how well and hard Master Org and the actor played the role, you basically needed a truly good Monster to ever match that.

The only real negatives I have of Wild Force is simply this:
It gets really, really repetitive of how much they keep going through the "Never Give Up" nonsense again... and again... and again. Like seriously, you can start making a drinking game of how many episodes near the end have the Rangers need to get a goddamned pep talk to be like "You ARE the Rangers, stop giving the fuck up already". It did lead to the truly badass part of the finale but it REALLY lost itself in that merit due to the overusage.

Forever Red should have been even longer and had it's original script. Fuck Disney for taking that away from us.

Animus was honestly complete shit and was WAY too forced on the Green Message there. I was glad Master Org killed him and I pretend he died for good and wasn't revived. It even felt like the writers knew they screwed up and tried to go "It was all a test" when we know it wasn't with the way he acted when he took the Zords away.

Now it's time to finally head to the Disney Era at long last and starting with Ninja Storm and again, one of the strongest villains in the series(...It's honestly hilarious how we literally hit 3 PR seasons in a row with bullshit villains that basically never really "loses" without massive help or luck) and the most wacky, Lothor.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Wakabayashi says that Gridman: Boy Creates Hero is a tribute to the original toku and seperate from the later SSSS.Gridman anime series, which...honestly doesn't change much, but is still a strange comment, as SSSS.Dynazenon, the guidebooks and word of god also connect the live-action series and the toku together. Boy Creates Hero is mostly just flashbacks to the original toku series, with kaiju beginning to invade the real world and Takeshi becoming Gridman Sigma (which is in reference to the Hyper Agent Gridman Novels). This isn't really a downgrade for either the live-action series or the anime, but as BCH was the main thing I used to connect the two previously, it's probably worth bringing up here.
Will there be a third anime entry in the Gridman Universe series?

Wakabayashi:
We might just have a surprise for you tomorrow. When it comes to other tokusatsu series, obviously if they were in the works we couldn't tell you, but director Amemiya is good at adapting his childhood favs into anime. There are a lot of talks about what we wish we can do, but hopefully in the future.

Wakabayashi also explained that their Gridman short created for Hideaki Anno's Animator Expo was an homage to the original series and is separate from the later SSSS.Gridman anime series.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@OtherGalaxy I love being right. :smugnon

0:29
"Multiverse! That means there isn't just one universe, but many!"
"I don't know why, but the balance of this world is being destroyed"
"So that means..."
"This world's going to end"
Are there any new developments in the Gridman Universe film that you can share with us?

WAKABAYASHI:
The movie is going to premiere in Japan in 2023, but the U.S. screening is still uncertain. The story this time, I guess, that we could share is that it's going to be basically the Gridman universe and the Dynazenon universe combined together.

That's interesting given that the Gridman universe is digital and the Dynazenon universe takes place in reality.

WAKABAYASHI:
The most interesting part of this upcoming movie will be to see how those two stories will come together. There was a very tokusatsu feel to Dynazenon's climax. There's a character, Gauma, who does something, and then you can see Dyna Rex's eyes glowing. That sets up this feeling of, "oh, what's going to happen?"

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Bumping because I'm rewatching Gridman in the lead up to (eventually) seeing Gridman Universe. Gridman doesn't actually have an original physical form, and instead exists as a string of energy in this world. He takes physical form by modelling himself off the superhero model created by Naoto and friends.
C5kD0sf.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Continuing my Gridman rewatch, Blizzlar and Flamlar affect different computer worlds of different air conditioners.

M7Hf78s.png

1JdrAsq.png

FI9tXJm.png
Flamlar makes computer worlds hotter while Blizzlar makes computer worlds colder.
9ULQZKQ.png

KkZWp7l.png

XsZ18qa.png

aLcw2sW.png

yll4p4x.png
Gridman arrives in the computer world with Blizzlar.
fck6a6D.gif

After defeating both kaiju, Gridman uses his Fixer Beam to fix the damage the kaiju wrought.
ubvZxa4.gif

3RSHnCe.gif

As such, this may be an example of Gridman being able to fix multiple computer worlds simultaneously.

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
I didn't know where to put this, so I shared the video in this thread:

I loved the interaction between Alexis Kerib and the protagonists of Rayearth.

Eztephan

Illustrious
During the events of Super Hero Taisen Z, Space Crime Syndicate Madou using the magic power can create wormholes around all the universe causing incidents on planetary to universal scales and in the radars of the space federation the most powerful magic sources are Kamen Rider Wizard and Beast.
image.png
image.png
image.png

But the real plan was bring the Genmu Castle to the earth and merge the Universe with the Genmu Dimension/World.
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
And Gokai Silver explain that in the process of that the entire universe will be destroyed.
Screenshot_20230902-185359_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185414_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185501_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185514_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185539_VLC.jpg

The Galactic Union Police will use the Super Dimensional Canon to prevent the destruction of the Universe destroying Space Shocker, Mado and the Earth as a colateral effect.
Screenshot_20230902-185659_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185716_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185735_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185756_VLC.jpg

And Raider(the leader of Mado) taking that account will use the energy of the Super Dimensional Canon explosion to revive the Demon King Psycho and after revive him will absorb the universe into Genmu World.
Screenshot_20230902-185914_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185926_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-185940_VLC.jpg
Screenshot_20230902-190004_VLC.jpg

And in that moment Gavan with the other Metal Heroes blocking the blast and also tanking the explosion, but the energy of that explosion was enough to resurrect Psycho.

The Metal Heroes, Kyuryugers and Wizard using they finishers are capable of destroying Psycho and save the universe.

Last edited:

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
In King Oh-ger episode, appeared a new villain:

It is revealed that he is the one behind the war between Bugnarok and the humans from Chikyu and also the mastermind behind the Fury of Gods. And it seems he can control everything in the universe because its his room.

He can also alter his size:

He can summon planets when angry:

And can create an asteroid shower:

Dugded can modify humans so they can breathe in space and other planets. He did this to Gira qhen he showed all the planets he destroyed.
Dugded Dujardin also fought against Jeramie and Gira in King Kuwagata Ohger form. He received his attacks but was unharmed.
We have gone from having building, country and planet level threats to a guy that can control an universe. And he wants to kill all live because it's a nuisance to him.

Last edited:

Triple Accel 555

Preeminent
In King Oh-ger episode, appeared a new villain:

It is revealed that he is the one behind the war between Bugnarok and the humans from Chikyu and also the mastermind behind the Fury of Gods. And it seems he can control everything in the universe because its his room.

He can also alter his size:

He can summon planets when angry:

And can create an asteroid shower:

Dugded can modify humans so they can breathe in space and other planets. He did this to Gira qhen he showed all the planets he destroyed.
Dugded Dujardin also fought against Jeramie and Gira in King Kuwagata Ohger form. He received his attacks but was unharmed.
We have gone from having building, country and planet level threats to a guy that can control an universe. And he wants to kill all live because it's a nuisance to him.

Neat.

Another super sentai into Universe level. So far there Hurricanger , Kyuuranger , Go-Onger , Zenkaiger and now King Oh-ger

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
How big the dimension ? Never watched Megaranger.
They don't mention how big is IIRC. They only mention, in episode 2, that Nejirejia dimension [ネジレ次元 in japanese, the word used is "jigen" (次元) not "uchu" (宇宙)] is a parallel dimension to the dimension where humans live and that's the place where the invaders were born. Also it was created by Javious' heart and that evil energy forms his body. The big eye that appears on the screen is only an illusion created by Javious' heart.
When the members of the Nejirejia evil kingdom enters the human world, they emit Nejire energy that twists things. In episode 2, nejire energy twisted buildings for a second and then exploded.

The explosion sent cars that were near the building flying away.
The monsters are inmune to bullets.
And Mega Yellow can send her opponents to a different dimension

I will watch it again in case i missed something.

EDIT:
Info I found in a japanese site:
人類の住む次元とは別の異次元世界。

Dr.ヒネラーは次元に漂うネジレエネルギーを用いて、様々なネジレ獣やサイコネジラーを作り出す。
この次元の影響で現実世界の物質や生物は捩れたり、崩壊する現象が起こる。

実はジャビウスハートで作り出され、邪電王ジャビウスⅠ世を構成する強力で膨大なエネルギーフィールドだった。
ヒネラーの反逆によってジャビウスⅠ世は滅び去り、最終的に次元自体もジャビウスハートを残して消滅した。
Translation:
A different dimension from the dimension in which humanity lives.

Dr. Hinelar uses the Nejire energy floating in the dimension to create various Nejire beasts and Psycho Nejire.
Under the influence of this dimension, substances and organisms in the real world are twisted or collapsed.

In fact, it was created by the Javius Heart and was a powerful and vast energy field that made up the evil king Javius I.
Due to Hinelar's rebellion, Javius I was destroyed, and eventually the dimension itself disappeared, leaving behind the Javius Heart.

Last edited:

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
I remembered that in Zyuranger exists the Timeless Room, a dimension where time doesn't exist (but somehow people can move):

The dimension is the size of a room and was destroyed by Bandora:

By the way, in the same episode the timeless room was introduced, we have a feat for Burai:

He survived a fall from the Moon to Earth in civilian form.

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
Some feats from Ohranger. In episode 41, the Ohranger managed to defeat at last Bomber the Great. But inside the robot was a bomb called Great Missile.

According to Kaiser Buldont and Multiwua, and confirmed later by Chief Miura, the Great Missile can destroy the sun:

The Great Missile was stopped because Gunmajin flew fast (in seconds catched the missile) and managed to catch it. Also, Gunmajin survived being near the sun.

This is not a feat, but I discovered that Kaiser Buldont is a reference to G Gundam, not only because his voice actor, but his combined attacks with Multiwa.

Last edited:

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
In Seijuu sentai Gingaman we have Demon Beast Daitanix (魔獣ダイタニクス), a kaijuu that can destroy planets and turn them into jewels called "Life of the stars" (星の命)

3000 years ago, the Star Beasts defeated Captain Zehab and Bucrates decides to use the Life of the Stars to revive him. The Life of the Star that was originally Zehab and Daitanix home planet, give the Captain infinite energy and it is his weak point.

The Starbeasts sealed Daitanix 3000 years ago. The monster survived all this time but, due to inactivity, his body started to rot. The Balban Pirates used Cosmic energy obtained from a meteor to revive Daitanix in episode 40. And in episode 42, we finally see the monster in action.

-It's revival caused a storm and strong winds. (Episode 41)

-Like Godzilla, Daitanix can breathe fire from its mouth:

-The fire blast is strong enough to destroy a building and city blocks:
The fire blast is strong enough to defeat Gingaioh in a single strike and send the Gingamen to ground. (Episode 42)
-Daitanix' steps can create earthquakes, break the ground and send cars flying:
His steps also can destroy small buildings. (Episode 42)

-Its jaw is strong enough to break GigaRhinos and GigaPhoenix arms:
Its tail is strong enough to knock Gingarilla and Gingaverick. (Episode 42). And is strong enough to resist Gingalcon's charge.

Daitanix can survive in space.

After 3000 years motionless, Daitanix can't fight for a long time since its body will start to heat up. The heat is dangerous to the Balban that were inside the palace:

Next time, I'm gonna talk about the Demon Beast that appeared in the crossover movie and Captain Zehab feats.

Last edited:
Back