Ghost Reaper Girl Thread

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
With Ghostly Gouls and Lovecraftian Gods aplenty, here you can discuss one of the new kids on the Shounen block.

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Good chapter.

Damn Ikeda is really building up to this fight/these fights. Not that I mind as the first arc was very action heavy and we just kind of jumped from one fight to the next. It's actually nice to see him slow things down a bit, we're getting character development, lore and more characters.

Can't really complain much but I do hope the fights actually start next chapter and we get back to action. Any more than this and it'll feel like Ikeda's dragging it out.
So the fights as they stand are:
  1. Kai and Noel vs East 11 on the mansion grounds.
  2. Shoggoth vs Scarface inside the mansion.
  3. Nyarlathotep vs Ithaqua and other Directors at Far East HQ
Now I don't expect to see much of the fight between the Directors. That's the sort of thing that will probably take place either mostly or entirely off-panel. Ikeda will certainly want to keep the capabilities of his top tiers mysterious for now I'd imagine.

I note the conspicuous absence of Dr West in the last few chapters. As Shoggoth is present (she is his familiar after all), I can't imagine he's far away and will likely be key to turning the tables here. His zombies could keep members of the East 11 busy so team Ghost Reaper Girl can divide and conquer as it were, but first he's gonna have to get Scarface away from Chloe.

So Oscar C'thullu is confirmed to not just be Kai's original master but, because the master/servant link was never broken, he is his TRUE master. Kai apparently did all kinds of evil with Oscar. Oscar being so powerful he was once called a "Dark Lord" feels like a nod to Rosario where the three top tiers were called Dark Lords.

Kai/Yog's full power will likely be on par with the Directors at a guess (given how worried they seem to be and the lengths they're going to get rid of him) but as he's linked to Oscar, it gives an excuse to keep Chloe from getting too overpowered (she likely wouldn't even be able to use his full power right now anyway).

Anyway I hope we get a good showcase for each member of the East 11 here and they're not just fodderized by full power Kai.

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The scene that instantly made Chloe my favorite character.
0001-074.png
0001-075.png

0001-076.png
0001-077.png

What's that asshole, did you dun fuck up?
Talk shit about Chloe at your own peril.
Who do you think she is, Deku? :awesome

El Hermano

Acclaimed
I'm gonna give it another go, just because I trust you. But that lolicon shit better not exist beyond that one creepy remarkomae wa

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm gonna give it another go, just because I trust you. But that lolicon shit better not exist beyond that one creepy remarkomae wa
It basically doesn't.

Like it bothered me when I first read it too, but Kai never actually does anything. He compliments Chloe a bunch (particularly when he's in his scythe form) but his need to be a Gentleman tends to override his lolicon status. Hell Chloe is arguably more perverted than he is, probably because she's repressed due to being alone for so long. :maybe

And Kai still manages to be a very likable, mysterious and interesting character at least IMO.
Hope you enjoy it man.

Last edited:

El Hermano

Acclaimed
It basically doesn't.

Like it bothered me when I first read it too, but Kai never actually does anything. He compliments Chloe a bunch (particularly when he's in his scythe form) but his need to be a Gentleman tends to override his lolicon status. Hell Chloe is arguably more perverted than he is, probably because she's repressed due to being alone for so long. :maybe

And Kai still manages to be a very likable, mysterious and interesting character at least IMO.

Hope you enjoy it man.
2cm53yB.png

Alright, then. I'll give it a go.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Good chapter this week, fight's actually started and we got some names for the East Eleven members (who are apparently experts in dealing with "malevolent deity class enemies").

So far we have
Number 6) Shantak
Number 7) Shoggoth
Number 8) Pitch
Number 9) "Steampunk" Gilliam
Number 10) "Firebug" Fred

Liking their designs at least, hope these guys stick around and remain at least somewhat relevant throughout.

Kai's true form is sick.
0029-015.png

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/what-if-bleach-had-a-tournament-arc.1243265/

Saddest thing about this thread is it makes me realize Ghost Reaper Girl...is also unlikely to have a tournament arc for similar reasons really

> Arkham Bullet's resources are stretched thin dealing with the even spirits that were broken out of Hades/Hell running rampant.
> Oscar C'thullu has already proven he's willing to hit them when their guard is down.
> President Hastur is too focused on his idea of "absolute justice" to give a fuck about or authorize something so trivial.

Though there is a lot of tension between the different branches (at least between the directors of them) which one could argue a tournament would give them a chance to alleviate (let off some steam as it were) so maybe ONCE/IF things quiet down later?

Certainly not likely to happen now though or anytime in the foreseeable future though, which is kind of a shame IMO. Tournament arcs are always a lot of fun and can be amazing when handled well.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Good chapter with a nice hax upgrade for the verse and true form Kai is a beast.

Damn though but the East 11 (so far anyway) are just getting fucked up, though I am glad Gilliam didn't actually die. That would have been kind of lame if an East 11 died this early and that easily, especially one that looks as cool as him (I mean he's a steampunk cyborg, that's awesome). I want these guys to be series regulars and get stronger as we go.

So yeah looks like Chloe's gonna have to try and talk Kai down, or at least make him leave as she may be the only person he can't bring himself to harm. Either that or he'll attack her to provoke her into merging with Noel and joining the fight against him, thus forcing her to kill him.

An unlikely scenario I admit, I expect he's just going to leave and re-join Oscar which will leave the East 11 with no reason to kill Chloe, which will inevitably lead to an emotional fight between Chloe and him later as she tries to free him from Oscar. 🤔

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Sadly no chapter this week BUT we did get this page showing the rank structure of Arkham Bullet.
_oWkHkm4tK-3X4FuRnbEBOoqblE76l7AEoPuZCnyq5dkMC9rAYP1SipiGJDMImTVel27dt88ojMsMcY=w700

So we have:
  1. President Hastur at the top.
  2. FOUR Branch directors (presumably North which is Ithaqua, East which is Nyarlathotep, South and West.
  3. Executive staff who CAN be fighters but can also handle other roles like how Chaco deals with clean up duty.
  4. Top ranked members of the branch.
  5. Rank and File operatives.
Interesting that, based on that image, the earth manipulating character is NOT actually #1 of the East 11 as I had assumed. Since everyone else is listed in order of their rank, that makes him #3.

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So we have all four directors here.
0027-007.png
0027-015.png

North Branch = Ithaqua
East/Far East Branch = Nyarla
South Branch = I'm willing to bet it's the black man that stood up to help subdue Nyarla, he has that South American look to me.
West Branch = Would therefore be the person in the hood who didn't get up at the end.

Of course I could easily have that completely the wrong way around but for now that's my best guess.
It'd be interesting to see exactly what territories each branch covers.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

A little fan animation of Nyarla, nice to see someone like this for this series, even if it is just a little wink/eye flutter.

And AH GYOKURO. That's the Rosario character Nyarla always reminded me of. Shows how long it's been since I read Rosario that I could remember who she was (mother of Kokoa and Kahlua and one of the heads of Fairy Tale) but I couldn't remember her sodding name. 🤣

0004-011.png
5924614-gyokuro-2.png

Yeah put side by side like this, it's pretty obvious, with the biggest differences being their hairstyles and clothes (and hair colour in the coloured panels as Nyarla has a greenish tint, while Gyokuro is blonde like her eldest daughter).

You certainly wouldn't mistake one for the other, but it's definitely obvious Ikeda takes influence from his past work in Rosario for GRG designs. Though I maintain that at least (to me) no one looks like a blatant copy/paste job, with these two being the closest by far.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Chapter coming tomorrow (hopefully), maybe it'll be a longer chapter since it's been two months but given the break was due to health issues, I'll understand if it's not but I'm hoping for something epic nonetheless. Because we ended on a hell of a cliffhanger last time. :maybe

So we know Yog is too out of control to give a shit about Noel but weather he'll be able to attack Chloe is another matter. The fact he still has his master/familiar bond with Oscar is kind of the sticking point really. Even if Chloe can somehow reach him, I don't see how she can free him. If she tries to have him possess her NOW it would shatter her body like it did with Nyarla, she's nowhere near ready for that.

Well if the Silver Key allows him to send others to Hades, he could possibly use it to teleport himself out of there to prevent himself from harming Chloe. The only issue is if the East 11 would still try to kill Chloe and Noel, even if their main target leaves? Shoggoth, Scarface and Chloe (Noel) vs the East 11 wouldn't really be a good look right now but perhaps if Dr West (who has been conspicuous by his absence in all these chapters) shows up with zombie backup, it could turn the tide?

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses. :awesome

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Some good cosplays on the official Ghost Reaper Girl twitter.

Chloe
E98xs6cUUAI5GW7
E98xs6cUcAcTbPD

And I really like this Shoggoth one that was done for Halloween.
FDCav03agAE7JUL

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Well the chapter FINALLY dropped.

You know I didn't expect to see the Director fight, or much of it anyway, but Nyarla pretty much seemingly getting casually restrained by Hastur (there's no sign of any sort of fight having actually happened) is a bit meh. Though it does illustrate just how powerful the dude is.

So the reason they want Kai/Yog alive is to take the Silver Key? That makes sense, also Yog CAN indeed use the silver key to simply dimension dump people though that seems to require he physically reach through and pull them there. The impression still appears to be that if you touch the chains it will kill you.

Chloe continuing to be a badass when it comes to calling people on their bullshit, seeing through Kai's villain act in an instant. Of course she'd be prepared to fight alongside him regardless because she KNOWS who he really is at heart. I didn't expect to see her possessed by Yog this soon but I'm all for it 'cause it's sick as hell. :awesome

Still If Yog IS on the same general level as Oscar and Nyarla, surely this will be too much for Chloe's body to handle for long? Maybe he's a lot weaker than I'm giving him credit for though. Still should be more than enough to help Team Chloe send these East Eleven bastards packing.

Time to start seeing what the top 6 can do Ikeda, enough with the lower ranked ones. :maybe

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I can only imagine Oscar must be watching all this and SEETHING. 😡

Chloe merely saying Kai's false name in a familiar fashion rustled the guy's jimmies, never mind her being possessed by the true version of the guy and keeping him from leaving (which would have inevitably ended with him going back to Oscar and being under his control, again) and gaining access to the Silver Key herself. :maybe

Although the Silver Key in itself seems a bit too overpowered for our main character to have permanent access to this early on.

Of course it requires Kai to be in Yog form so I predict he'll either revert back to Kai form after this fight's over. Oscar will presumably re-seal his power since what I assume was his plan to get him back didn't work. This also keeps poor Noel from being left in the dust and rendered basically useless.

But yeah President Hastur is definitely a problem, but dealing with him is a no-go since he lolnope'ed Nyarla off panel. I expect Oscar C'thullu will be the more immediate antagonist while Hastur will be dealt with later on. 🤔

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So here are all of Chloe's forms so far, how would you guys (assuming anyone is reading this) rank them?

Light Scythe Form
ad287a8b28e357aa4a0946a70488d57e848f5f102129d595bf23cca132a7a17d_thumb.png

Cat Form
5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwFRdyf8tfeeBIbwtDSB1Dj0

Nurse Form
3d1632de9393e130d444fb53adb00e8a752981b5.jpg

Dark Scythe Form
ghost-reaper-girl-chloe-yog-of-destruction.jpg

For me personally it goes like this.

1) Dark Scythe Form - I mean you can never go wrong with a darker version of something, they almost always look way better. Not to mention it addresses my biggest criticism of the heroic version, ie the goofy looking scythe. The beast of a weapon she has here actually looks suitably intimidating. The color palette (at least from what I can tell, given black and white and all) also just looks nicer to me.

2) Nurse Form - It's a sexy nurse outfit with blades attached to the arms, what more do you want? Although you can't see them in the image, I also really like her boots in this form as well. Not to mention white outfits tend to look cool anyway.

3) Cat Form - Though I'm not a huge fan of cat girls, this is pretty good. The ethereal tail and the outfit itself do a lot for it and it doesn't go too overboard on trying to make her cutesy (at least not for me).

4) Light Scythe Form - As said before, the scythe just looks goofy especially when Kai speaks through it. I do like the cape though and the chain but otherwise, there's just not a lot to this form. It goes to show just how much difference what basically amounts to a palette swap can do for a form.

Huh it's basically in reverse order of appearance. :blobwhat
Well at least that tells me the forms are only getting better and makes me more excited for what's to come in the future. :awesome

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Clever girl Chloe, I didn't think of that. Of course, weather or not Hastur will be satisfied wielding the Silver Key only indirectly through Chloe is another matter. I assume it will appease him for now, especially since Chloe has already confirmed she's willing to use it for or against Arkham Bullet, there's no reason to unnecessarily make an enemy of her if you can avoid it

0032-014.png
0032-015.png

#1 and #2 of the East 11 must be the type who prefer to be in the background and not get involved unless it's absolutely necessary. Given Gaunt here (#3) is taking up the leadership role for the group. 🤔

We've also definitely found our Grimmjow/Blood knight for this series, I mean his Code Name is literally "The Berserker". Very well Gaunt, while Chloe tries to "entertain you" impress me if you can. :hm

Ghost Reaper Girl Chloe Love (Yog Form) vs The Berserker Nightgaunt
NEXT TIME ON GHOST REAPER GIRL! :awesome

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It really seems like Ikeda's going the route of Chloe possibly being a child of Yog-Sothtoth. 🤔
0032-010.png
0032-011.png

It was obvious Ikeda was going to go with some kind of unique parentage angle with regards to Chloe eventually (to explain her prodigal spiritual power and natural talent), so I'm not surprised at all.

It COULD be an interesting angle if Ikeda sticks with both C'thullu and Hastur (the heads of the two main opposing factions) both still being his sons as well here, 'cause it'll be a clash of half-siblings but obviously I don't know what route the story's going.

One thing I am definitely glad about though is Chloe getting access to plenty of hax (Through the Blood, Soul Predator and now the Silver Key) so she isn't just gonna get fucked by the first broken villain who comes along. :maybe

Back