• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Greatest Jobbers in fiction

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
If the leaks about the Fantastic Four movie are true

then what a horrible fucking way to introduce your character
:mjlol

4-EC60988-FC67-430-C-AC16-D9-AD16804539.jpg

why should I watch this jobber’s movie now?

I said this in the other thread

but he counts here :mjlol

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It was the best Marvel meme.

Drax was planet level as well, but he was standing so ridiculously still...

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
[Sic]
And in DC there's Deathstroke countering Justice League members in Identity Crisis despite how he should literally be a statue in comparison to them, and especially the Flash.

Okay totally different thread but Fuck Identity Crisis it deserves to be mentioned here

Youtube comments really are the worst...
"But GUYS! It's meant to make the entire Infinity Saga worthless to show how insignificant it is to the wider Universe!"
"Loki SHOULD have an existential crisis as it's good for his character!"

Okay... you could do this SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER THEN! Why not have them see the entire thing as a set of movies they watch for their amusement? Completely breaking Loki's pride as everything he went through... is just a source of their entertainment and something they forget when it's over?
Or the fact that they actually exhibit powers greater than the Infinity Stones by themselves?
Nah, that's WAY too smart for us, let's just destroy all pretenses and make the stones completely worthless! That's the only goddamned way!

And it's shit like this which is why these dumbasses can't fathom why people are jumping off the MCU bandwagon more than staying on or getting on.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Oh, all this talk about the TVA and Loki reminds me that Loki should be on here. He went from a superhuman strong enough to fight cap and survive hulk smashing him multiple times to like human-level strength in his own tv show if I’m correct.

Oh, all this talk about the TVA and Loki reminds me that Loki should be on here. He went from a superhuman strong enough to fight cap and survive hulk smashing him multiple times to like human-level strength in his own tv show if I’m correct.

More like somehow a complete fucking jobber who they completely forgot is still an Asgardian who is far and away more durable than any equivalent being, even for people as weak as The Enchantress and Loki(who you really need someone like She-Hulk to even match up to).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Loki in the show itself has a scene where he stops a falling skyscapper with a thought, so...why not use that against the TVA when they try to arrest you? They're weak against oil fires and people hiding in the shadows, that level of telekenesis would splatter them.

I really could go on about Loki. It's the MCU equivilant of TLJ.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Personally it's my least favorite favorite of the MCU installments. That's not even the worst Thanos gets it, in a previous episode he not only gets talked out of being a planet conquering warlord off-screen but then becomes a lickspittle lackey to T'Challa Star-Lord and gets an ass-beating from fucking Cull Obsidian :skully

He then follows up that performance in a later episode by showing up on Earth with 5 infinite stones just to get instantly turned into a zombie, when regular ass people like Happy Hogan, Sharon Carter, and Ant-Man's coworker had managed to survive there for years.

Luffy, Zoro, and Law.

They job at the begining of every arc, and we all know we are going to have to deal with "Kaidou/Big Mom level" Loki next arc because of them.

Big Mom herself qualifies more than anyone. Never forget the treatment Jinbe, Brook, Nami, and Chopper gave her when she raided their ship. Franky doing motocross stunts on her face followed by Jinbe and Robin rolling her to the outskirts of the island. Or the fact that she somehow managed to take an L to not just one, but two of Kaido's commanders. That alone is enough to land her here, but the list goes on and on with her getting BFR'd on the rooftop needing to be saved by Kaido, having her assault defended by Capone Bege for a full chapter, her ultimate trump card homie being casually sliced in two by a Law who claimed to have ran out of stamina several attacks ago, a defenseless Kid being tickled by one of her big attacks, etc.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
oda writes law the exact opposite of a jobber in fights to the point it's actually annoying

and it sucks because law is a good character he just gets way too much play

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Loki in the show itself has a scene where he stops a falling skyscapper with a thought, so...why not use that against the TVA when they try to arrest you? They're weak against oil fires and people hiding in the shadows, that level of telekenesis would splatter them.

I really could go on about Loki. It's the MCU equivilant of TLJ.

this is the first time I’ve heard him do this

this could have been so useful in any of his fights from the previous movies :giogio

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It was a few months iirc

he’s technically weaker there than he was in the FT arc

Back