Halo Feats and Discussion Thread

Halo Timeline
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5f19afb531a9833d9fbc3177%2F0x0.jpg

With all the expanded lore Master Chief's OBD profile has to be outdated, right?

I would have expected crazy feats similar to Star Wars EU with all the comics, books, animations, etc.

Here is a list of mostly all the games and other media

Sources that are canon.

Last edited:
Speed feats 1
Master Chief dodges a plasma bolt:
Explosive needles bounced off the Chief's armor, detonating as they hit the ground. He saw the flash of a plasma bolt----side stepped----and heard the air crackle where he had stood a split second before.
Source: Halo: The Fall of Reach

Master Chief dodges point-blank stun round fire outside of his armor:
The last guard on the bunker turned to fire at John. Halsey gripped the edge of the chair. "He's at point-blank range! Even stun rounds can kill at that distance!"
As the guard's gun fired, John sidestepped. The stun rounds slashed through the air, a clean miss.

Chief Mendez tells Halsey that the Spartans' reaction times are almost impossible to chart and that they double during combat. Chief Mendez estimate it at twenty milliseconds without the adrenaline:
"What are their reaction times?"
"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at twenty milliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head, then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations when their adrenaline is pumping."

With help from Cortana, Master Chief times and deflects a Scorpion missile fired at him, managing to deflect it away from him at the very last second. Master Chief also survives being near ground zero of the explosion of a Skyhawk missile after he himself deflected it:
The Skyhawk was back and starting its run straight toward him.
Even with his augmented speed, even with the MJOLNIR armor----he'd never make it to the bell in time. He'd never make it alive.
He turned to face the incoming jet.
"I'll need your help, Cortana," he said.
"Anything," she whispered. The Master Chief heard nervousness in the AI's voice.
"Calculate the inbound velocity of a Scorpion missile. Factor in my reaction time and the jet's inbound speed and distance at launch, and tell me the instant I need to move to sidestep and deflect it with me left arm."
Cortana paused a heartbeat. "Calculations done. You did say 'deflect'"?
"Scorpion missiles have motion-tracking sensors and proximity detonators. I can't outrun it. And it won't miss. That leaves us very few options."
The Skyhawk dove.
"Get ready," Cortana said. "I hope you know what you're doing."
"Me, too."
Smoke appeared from the jet's left wingtip and fire and exhaust erupted as a missile streaked toward him.
The Master Chief saw the missile track back and forth, zeroing in on his coordinates. A shrill tone in his helmet warbled----the missile had a guidance lock on him. He chinned the a control and the sound died out. The missile was fast. Faster than he was ten times over.
"Now!" Cortana said.
They moved together. He shifted his muscles and the MJOLNIR----augmented by his link to Cortana----moved faster than he'd ever moved before. His leg tensed and pushed him aside; his left arm came up and crossed his chest.
The head of the missile was the only thing he saw. The air grew still and thickened.
He continued to move his hand, palm open in a slapping motion----as fast as he could will his flesh to accelerate.
The tip of the Scorpion missile passed a centimeter from his head.
He reached out----fingertips brushed the metal casing----
----and slapped it aside.
The Skyhawk jet screamed over his head.
The Scorpion missile detonated.
Pressure slammed through his body. The Master Chief flew six meters, spinning end over end, and landed flat on his back.
5831471-3511846405-5831461-5120221284-NBtP-mes4RpJOe45qeTcYUe1-43LQinuTte3gXZ7olTuq0AQH4WTcEI1dNnBL8baiId4DG_a31EW%253Ds0
5831472-3591196563-5831462-4895489240-pCA4MFPi_P_NvErJNJ0nzYFJN7KIUVUpsAYqQIg-rytlCQKLY_8vYZLCNDyFwURcVII96fOQYRy4wg%253Ds0
5831473-7441135353-5831463-0120822141-yNRPnsd7_Qk9Tnw_iQESzAvBuM9sukNl3PiCJonf-941-Dj7dmJ4iuWPv7tqxdzDyCtxbTKYD5gqoQ%253Ds0
5831474-6196929534-5831464-6997860370-2ROjijMp1aEm6qNQKqJ6aPOwSLANToCp4-U7xXS9yEgmPcVV20V--LGRSKmMfF4LhK5O49OBw9pGXg%253Ds0
5831475-6720523280-5831465-0506357844-azDq5a-Ye17dEKq4-00XB5DjEXSRgpdKaZ_2gouLUtm-ErI4OLb-kjjcEwtxU0fapeFOyv2YKJf-Zw%253Ds0
5831476-5562137644-58314.jpg

With his armor, Master Chief only has to think of moving and the armor does it for him, and at lightning-fast speeds:
"Listen carefully to me, John," Dr. Halsey said. "I just want you to think, and only think, about moving your arm up to chest level. Stay relaxed."
He willed his arm to move, and his hand and forearm sprang forward to chest level. The slightest motion translated his thought to motion at lightning speed. It had been so fast----if he hadn't been attached to his arm, he might have missed that it had happened at all.
The Spartans gasped.
Sam applauded. Even lightning-fast Kelly seemed impressed.

Master Chief is able to dodge laser weapons of the Forerunner Aggressor sentinels:
But the Chief knew how to deal with the mechanical killers, and proceeded to dodge their lasers as he destroyed one after another.
Source: Halo: The Flood

Master Chief intercepts and blocks a Covenant Beam Rifle shot after it’s fired from roughly 30 meters away, which is fires at Mach 10.6 or 10.7:
The concrete beneath the Spartan had turned to dust and gravel as he launched forward. Barely half a second had passed and he was already ten meters away. Palmer slung her weapon and tore off after him; Sullivan fell in directly behind her, running for all he was worth.

Palmer was pumping her arms and trying to control her breath as she trailed behind the Spartan. She looked up from her boots and saw that his hands were no longer empty—his right hand now held a massive hard-chromed M6D, and a spare magazine was in his left. Eight thunderclaps rang out so fast that they bled together into a single long roar. At that same moment a terrible cacophony erupted behind them as her squadmates opened fire on the building—its facade disappearing behind a cloud of pulverized concrete and shattered glass. Two of the Jackals that had been covering their approach had already fallen—bright purple blood fountaining out of huge ragged holes that she could pick out even at this distance.

With one hand at thirty meters and a dead run, two shots apiece, each a hit to the head or neck, what the holy hell are my guys even aiming at back there—shit. The Corporal’s mind raced, but her legs had begun to slack off. She saw another Jackal appear at the roof’s edge and there was a flash of purple light.

And then her view was blocked by a wall of green armor; there was a loud crack and a flash of golden light. The Spartan had spun to face her; she saw her own reflection in his visor for a fraction of a second, then he dipped slightly before popping into the air, sailing backward three and a half meters above the ground—smoke trailing from the inside of his right arm. Four more rapid-fire thunderclaps roared in her ears; the magazine dropped out of the Spartan’s M6D, his left hand slamming the fresh magazine up into the well and flicking to catch the empty one as it fell, the huge pistol now latched onto his right thigh, the empty magazine stowed, and his knees tucked up to his chest as he continued through the air over the Warthog.
Source: Halo: Evolutions: Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
DKS7M73_d.webp

Another Spartan dodges beam rifle shots twice including one from point blank.
QvwNz3O_d.webp
1nTB1aC_d.webp
9MZReFv_d.webp
dGUATn2_d.webp

Maddie

Acclaimed
Can you allow Threadmarks, I am gonna be adding some stuff for UNSC/Covie Weapons over time

Maddie

Acclaimed
Okay, perhaps just do what the Forerunner Feats thread did on Spacebattles and hyperlink threadposts on specific things and update it to the main OP?

Weapons calc 1

Maddie

Acclaimed

UNSC Smallarms

Pistols

Rifles

Shotguns

Munitions

For the Grenade it has 0.19 kilograms of "ComL" filling which is fictious.

IMX-104 is going to be used for grenades in the future, I can assume ComL is similar:

d IMX-104 (53.0% NTO, 15.3% RDX, and 31.7% DNAN)

NTO https://webbook.nist.gov/cgi/cbook.cgi?ID=C556887&Mask=2
-877 kilojoules per mol (877 kilojoules per 130.06 grams)

RDX https://webbook.nist.gov/cgi/cbook.cgi?ID=C121824&Units=SI&Mask=7FF
-2120 kilojoules per mol (2120 kilojoules per 222.12 grams)

DNAN https://webbook.nist.gov/cgi/cbook.cgi?ID=C119277&Mask=2
-3425.4 kilojoules per mol (-3425.4 kilojoules per 198.134 grams)

0.19 kilograms

0.1007 kilograms NTO; 877 kilojoules per 130.06 grams * 0.1007 kilograms = 679,024.296 joules
0.02907 kilograms RDX; 2120 kilojoules per 222.12 grams * 0.02907 kilograms = 277,455.429 joules
0.06023 kilograms DNAN; -3425.4 kilojoules per 198.134 grams * 0.06023 kilograms = 1,041,274.3 joules

1,041,274.3 joules + 277,455.429 joules + 679,024.296 joules = 1.99775403 megajoules (2 megajoules)

Grenades are likely as powerful or superior to 2 megajoules in Halo

Last edited:
The Didact’s and the Forerunner’s feats and capabilities 1
According to 343 Guilty Spark, a single company of Prometheans (including the Didact) would have sorted out the conflict at Alpha Halo and the Didact would have been a deadlier threat than the Flood.

The Didact and another warrior rip apart the interior of framing, furniture and console supports from the inside of a Forerunner ship and use it to bash open a pair of stasis pods.

The remaining stasis bubbles were in the final stages of depletion and decay. Sharp and I worked out means of forcing the issue. Warrior-Servants, exerting all their strength, can wreak real havoc—and we did just that. We grabbed for heavy, hard implements. Fortunately, the ship was old enough that its re-shaping capabilities were minimal, and it soon yielded pieces of interior framing, furniture, and console supports with sufficient mass to be swung with real effect.
We battered. Fully energized, a stasis bubble can resist almost any imaginable force. But weakened, they shimmered and radiated in the ultraviolet with each of our coordinated blows. We were desperate. And for once, we were in luck. The fields blackened, then popped with a burst of brilliant blue light.
Source: Halo: Silentium

The Forerunner’s stasis pods can survive the ship exploding.
“Can the stasis bubbles be re-energized?” I asked Sharp-by-Striking.
“The ship should be able to generate that much power. But why—” And then he understood. “The bubbles leave no sensor profiles. We could blow up the ship and still survive. They might not capture us … right away. Or even know we exist.”

After tanking assault rifle shots, the Didact kicks the ground, fracturing it and knocking Blue Team off balance.
ofFlGJk_d.webp

Forerunner armor can adjust itself to adapt and become impervious to whatever is used against it. Can see it tank Scattershot blasts and Boltshots.
gaa4Bbt_d.webp
UBQTVgK_d.webp

UZyoQlK_d.webp

DHobjWD_d.webp

yPWhhd6_d.webp

q6sA9UT_d.webp

The Scattershot can vaporize.

Didact unarmored survives a blast from an anti-matter rifle that fires a “positron lightning” and is knocked out.
A rifle is delivered, a compact, slender fasces of plasma and microwave guides—extremely powerful. A control panel fits to my armor’s glove, adjusting quickly to my smaller finger-span. I examine its workings, request guidance; the monitor instructs my ancilla. My armor learns quickly. I barely pay attention.
The Didact stands alone before a partial readout of Requiem’s security. His armor lies folded in a repository, awaiting his attention.
I lift the weapon. My glove merges with the panel. We are one, armor, me, weapon. I can conceive of no better fate for him than long sojourn in the Domain, reacquaintance with ancestors, with our honor, our history.
Such as it may be. Away from this universe. Now he looks my way. Now he realizes.
I fire. The bolts wrap him in curls of positronic lightning. Wherever they touch, they paralyze, numb; they encircle his head last, and his eyes are fixed on me, expressing no surprise—expressing nothing.
After a moment of silent protest, he collapses to the floor. Even now, I wonder if he expected this, planned for it; ever the master at strategy, ever the genius at the finest of tactics.

Didact tanking a Forerunner Pulse Grenade going off on his chest that pushes him off and incapacitates him.

The Pulse Grenades generate ionization fields that collapses and vaporizes organic material. It seems like all Forerunner weapons vaporize organics in the same way.
g21fdEB_d.webp

After Halo 4 the Didact survives the Pulse Grenade crashes from orbit waking up uninjured.
sVdAvZf_d.webp

olTAmnB_d.webp

GCplTgn_d.webp

The Didact tanks a Forerunner Monitor laser that only incapacitates him for a short time to teleport him away because of the Didact’s armor capabilities.
6TKHTzn_d.webp

Cx9uoQQ_d.webp

9dxRaOh_d.webp

Monitors can vaporize Hunters who weighs 5 tons and are covered in heavy armor.

eruAhZL_d.webp

0DVTJeG_d.webp

WyONAEZ_d.webp

vUxovJC_d.webp

4ovUee0_d.webp

NaNIzH6_d.webp

Last edited:

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I'm fine with using excerpts and passages from Halo: The Fall of Reach but remember wherever and whenever it contradicts with Halo: Reach, the game decanonizes it sadly.

Maddie

Acclaimed
I'm fine with using excerpts and passages from Halo: The Fall of Reach but remember wherever and whenever it contradicts with Halo: Reach, the game decanonizes it sadly.
Exception being the low showings for the Covennant, which starkly contradict all other showings for the Covenant in games and books

The Didact’s and the Forerunner’s feats and capabilities 2
Here you have the Composer pieces of Forerunner technology that digitizes people.
What we brought for Lord of Admirals and his last warriors were the Composers. These large, ugly machines had originally been designed by Builders in a failed attempt to attain immunity against the Flood. Composers broadcast high-energy fields of entangled sympathies to gather victim mentalities—essences—and then translated them into machine data. In the original scheme, new bodies were constructed, and the subjects’ essences were imprinted over them—minus any trace of Flood patterns.

The Didact states that he is "immune" to the Composer

Here is the Didact chilling inside the Composer beam during the length of the last Halo 4 mission

The Didact falls straight into the Composer, still unaffected.

Here you have the Composer beam covering the city of New Phoenix, digitizing 6 million people within 90 seconds.
ckjC7dg.jpeg

OYAt2HT.jpeg

The Didact gets severely injured by having six Composers detonating him at once.
wg2sbL0.jpeg
p7qOTBj.jpeg
QKS7Ghk.jpeg

Master Chief states that the Didact was "contained", not killed, and is still a potential threat.
qS4C8OG.jpeg

The Didact is moving outside of Master Chief's sight.

The Didact pops up behind Blue Team out of nowhere.
Pkd1WIZ.jpeg
4X2gbeg.jpeg

The Forerunner Armigers mass-produce combat drones that are bullet timers.
“Get behind me!” said Holt, and he began firing in the direction of the enemies. Lamb, however, did not retreat. He still had his weapon from their earlier battle against the creatures, and instead of hiding behind the Spartan, he stood next to him and opened fire. The handgun he used was surprisingly powerful, exploding with every round as he struggled to maintain its concussive jostling. Holt glanced briefly at him and, although Lamb couldn’t be certain, he thought he glimpsed silent approval in the Spartan’s helmet visor.
The blasts from their weapons collided with the oncoming combatants.
Lamb was worried that they would absorb the impact and continue forward with no problem. Instead the two closest spun their staves with lightning speed, remarkably blocking the incoming fire. But then the air around them seemed to bend again, and with a sudden snap of light they disappeared. The other two, however, persisted.
Source: Halo: Hunters in the Dark

The Forerunner Armigers move so fast that they need to slow down video footage to identify them.
And then the firefight had ensued, which Annabelle had to admit was clever. Captain Forge had certainly covered her bases and created an inventive escape plan. Getting shot clean through by a needler hadn’t been in the cards, but Apollo’s team leader had acted quickly. Unfortunately, they hadn’t been able to apprehend the salvagers as planned.
Then the mysterious gray blur streaked into view.
Annabelle rewound the feed and watched again.
Chills covered her arms. She slowed the feed.
It couldn’t be. Goose bumps spread like wildfire over her skin as she watched the footage again, this time slowing the speed even more. There. She paused on the moment the blur grabbed Rion Forge out of the air.
And she knew exactly what she was looking at.
The fact that a Forerunner armiger had suddenly appeared like the cavalry was an intense shock. The last time she’d seen one had been in video footage during her time on the Ark. She’d been fortunate enough to be safe inside the Mayhem at the time, but even on screen, the armigers on the Ark’s surface had been sentient, deadly, and menacing in appearance, with their floating parts and glowing eyes....
Source: Halo: Renegades

Here is a Young IsoDidact describing that the ship he is on is vaporized and struggling to repair itself for some time. Then, finally, a Forerunner Fighter Craft enters their ship, slices apart their fighter crafts and captures the crew in stasis.
“What will happen to us?” Chakas asked. “We’re not even supposed to be here.”
“They will punish,” Riser said.
I could not answer. I did not know.
A second ancilla appeared beside the ship’s. The two engaged in some sort of contest, not physical but conducted throughout all the ship’s systems. Their images merged, twisted geometrically about each other, then spiraled up and vanished.
“What’s that?” I asked.
“AI suppressors,” the Didact said. “Instant debriefing and transfer. Our ship has been stripped of knowledge and control.”
We were feeling the full strength of a Forerunner warship’s most modern weaponry, wrapped and stunned like a fly in a web. Close-in confinement fields flashed around the command center. We felt gravitation cease. At odd angles, the Didact, the humans, and I waited helplessly in semidarkness, blind to all outside activity. Our own ancillas fell silent under the AI suppressors beamed from outside.
Finally came total darkness. Minutes passed.
Riser was praying in an old human dialect not heard in ten thousand years. Its cadences sounded familiar to me. The Didact had once studied human languages.
Chakas was silent.
Slowly, my armor started to fail. My breath came hard and shallow. Something sparkled to my right. I tried to turn, but the armor had locked up and now held me immobile. An orange glare increased to unbearable brilliance, and I saw our bulkheads and control surfaces melt and collapse—while new walls of hard light fought to rise between us and the vacuum. Even under siege, stripped of nearly all higher functions, the Didact’s ship was valiantly trying to protect us.
Our world became a twisting, free-form struggle between destructor beams and new construction. I watched in numb fascination as the struggle ramped up to a pitch I could not track with my natural senses … and then slowly subsided.
Our ship was losing.
Half of what was left of the control center—abstract and angular and much smaller—fell away and vanished. I briefly saw the curved flank of a sleek Despair-class hunter-killer, glinting and flashing as it reflected the dying glow of our hull’s destruction. We drifted free. Our air rapidly staled, and we were surrounded by vacuum.
Into my narrowing point of view came three powerful, fully operational seekers—longer, sleeker, versions of the Didact’s old war sphinxes. They lacked the scowling features of the older machines—depersonalized, dark, fast.
One of them cut through the new-grown walls and circled behind us, then dropped aft, penetrating interior bulkheads, searching for other occupants. Through shredded layers of ship’s decking, I watched it release the war sphinxes—only to smash them like toys, slice them into sections, and then reduce those to sparking dust.
The sphinxes offered no resistance.
Another took the Didact in tow, bouncing in his armor like a child’s toy on a string as he was hauled from the dying ship into the depths of space.
The third lingered near me but took no action, as if awaiting instructions. Then, just as my vision shrank to a purplish cone and I thought I had taken my last breath, the seeker swept out its manipulators, seized my armor, and tugged me from the broken hull, not toward a flotilla of ships, but outward, around—and finally, down.
We were all being unceremoniously dragged to the surface of the San’Shyuum world.
Source: Halo: Cryptum

Here is the point of view of a human that the event happened faster than a thought or reflex, none of the details mentioned by the Forerunner.
“What will happen to us?” I asked.
“They will punish,” Riser said gloomily. “We’re not supposed to be here!”
I turned to my small companion, reached to touch the long, dry fingers of his outstretched hand, and shot an angry glance at Bornstellar, the young Manipular that Riser and I had guided to Djamonkin Crater. He would not meet my eyes.
Then, faster than thought or reflex, something cold and bright and awful carved up the distance between us, splitting us apart in blue-white silence. War sphinxes with passionless faces moved in and scooped us up in transparent bubbles. I saw the Didact and Bornstellar packed away in their own bubbles like trophies...
Source: Halo: Primoridium

The Didact can plug himself into the full sensory experience of thousands of his warriors, seeing through all their points of view in battle.
Soon, I was jittering and plunging my way through a great space battle, events moving far too quickly for me to make much sense of it. I had no idea where or when this was—I could not correlate these events with any historical record. Complicating the recovery was many hundreds of points of view, threading through and around the central events, chopping and intercutting—and a remarkably different perception of objective reality. As a Promethean, the Didact simply saw things differently.
Clearly, a thousand years ago, when entering battle, the Didact had plugged into the full sensory experience of thousands of his warriors … something I could barely imagine and certainly not control.

The Didact enters a battle mode where time splits into several streams, where some objects move in fast mode while others, such as incoming fire and attack craft moving in slow motion allowing him to dodge them.
I found myself again taking control of the Falco. We accelerated out of the widening zone of battle, toward the portal, now a single huge violet radiance against the blackness of space.
Three of the seven fleeing Halos were lined up, also seeking entry. They, too, were being harried by cruisers and were now attacked by swarms from the second fortress. Sentinels from these installations mounted a vigorous defense, pushing back their attackers. The rings maintained their integrity.
Before we could reach the hellishly glowing webwork with its single yawning and badly distorted portal, the first Halo began its passage.
For me, under the influence of the Didact’s battle mode, time fragmented into several streams. I saw the movement of the installation in fast mode, but—in excruciating slow motion—directed the Falco to avoid bursts of plasma energy and disintegrating swift attack vessels. Part of me seemed to fight through many lifetimes, through clouds of fighters and debris, away from ever-increasing danger.

Last edited:
Sentinel Beam capabilities and speed feats
So the Sentinel Beam ammunition describes as a superheated negative charged ion particle beam.
TeW5wgq.jpg

A description of a particle-beam weapon and the speed of the beam, 299,792,458 m/s = Mach 874030.4897959

As I showed previously you have Master Chief dodging laser weapons of the Forerunner Aggressor sentinels:
But the Chief knew how to deal with the mechanical killers, and proceeded to dodge their lasers as he destroyed one after another.

Here are members of Fireteam Osiris, Palmer and Tanaka using Hardlight Shields to block Forerunner Sentinel beams. Afterwards, Palmer intercepts and uses herself as a human shield against Forerunner Sentinel beams and Tanaka fighting Sentinels in the air while evading their beams.
qjvUyhB.jpeg
u8aB0h4.jpeg
Hn0UMmS.jpeg

Sentinel beams disintegrate and incinerate whatever is left of their target.
oLc7fjM.jpeg
FhovmcL.jpeg
bfcIYBV.png
mHTdDlg.png
gEg1QG7.png

Black Three from Black Team dodging Forerunner Sentinel beams and Hunter's plasma stream blast while in midair.
IfhHuaY.jpg

Maddie

Acclaimed
So the Sentinel Beam ammunition describes as a superheated negative charged ion particle beam.
TeW5wgq.jpg

A description of a particle-beam weapon and the speed of the beam, 299,792,458 m/s = Mach 874030.4897959

As I showed previously you have Master Chief dodging laser weapons of the Forerunner Aggressor sentinels:

Here are members of Fireteam Osiris, Palmer and Tanaka using Hardlight Shields to block Forerunner Sentinel beams. Afterwards, Palmer intercepts and uses herself as a human shield against Forerunner Sentinel beams and Tanaka fighting Sentinels in the air while evading their beams.
qjvUyhB.jpeg
u8aB0h4.jpeg
Hn0UMmS.jpeg

Sentinel beams disintegrate and incinerate whatever is left of their target.
oLc7fjM.jpeg
FhovmcL.jpeg
bfcIYBV.png
mHTdDlg.png
gEg1QG7.png

Black Three from Black Team dodging Forerunner Sentinel beams and Hunter's plasma stream blast while in midair.
IfhHuaY.jpg
The comics tend to show very high end feats for Spartans. In one Chief survived a direct hit from a plasma grenade which flash vaporized a Brute Chieftain. That would require several gigajoules of energy (Just to vaporize the water is about a gigajoule and it can flash vaporize flesh in a 4 meter radius).

Books usually put Spartans way lower. Books also tend to be written by people more close to Bungie/343 while comics also had the people from Dark Horse helping or even leading them alongside the 343/bungie writers. Uprising was written by Bendis.

Last edited:
Durability feats 1 (& two speed feats)
Master Chief via John unarmored dodging point blank stun rounds from a 30mm cannon.
On top of the bunker, John was a blur of slashing motions. A second guard’s exosuit erupted in a fountain of hydraulic fluid and then collapsed under the armor’s weight.
The last guard on the bunker turned to fire at John. Halsey gripped the edge of her chair. “He’s at point-blank range! Even stun rounds can kill at that distance!”
As the guard’s gun fired, John sidestepped. The stun rounds slashed through the air, a clean miss. John grabbed the weapon’s armature—twisted—and with a screech of stressed metal, wrenched it free of the exoskeleton. He fired directly into the man’s chest and sent him tumbling off the bunker.

Master Chief tanking plasma fire from a Covenant Ghost.
A stream of plasma bolts came flying out of the fog, a couple glancing off the titanium shell of John’s Mjolnir at chest height. He threw himself to his belly, dropping below the plane of fire, and rolled left.
The vehicle was barely visible but swerving in his direction, not emerging from the fog so much as manifesting inside it like some kind of ghost. It was almost on him now, wide in the front and narrow in the back, with nothing beneath it but a shimmering cushion of emptiness. In its cockpit, hunched behind the vehicle’s winged chassis rode a huge Brute in deep-red armor.
Source: Halo: Silent Storm

Ghost plasma is stated to be 5000 degrees. Also, Gauss Cannon fires slugs that travel just under 40 mach.
Sullivan fired several bursts across the hood at the Elites until he noticed the barrel of the ALIM swivel into place directly above his head, then he quickly dropped down into the scorched seat and braced himself. Palmer lined up the lead Ghost and fired. The slug from the M68 left the muzzle at just under mach forty and penetrated the lead Ghost’s plasma containment vessel—after it had passed through the red Elite’s lower abdomen. The vehicle detonated and spiraled into the air, five-thousand-degree plasma erupting through its shattered armor. The Elite rider was almost entirely incinerated; what remained of its right arm, however, spiraled through the air alongside the wreckage of the vehicle. The other rider boosted out through the bluish flames and roared in pain as the flexible material of its armored suit bubbled and cracked.
Source: Halo: Evolutions - Palace Hotel

Master Chief tanked a nearby detonation of a 1 MT nuke, and MC had 30 seconds to sprint away. The event took place on the moon with minimal atmosphere and gravity.
“Soon,” Linda said. “What timer delay do you want?”
“Two seconds longer than you need to get clear,” John said. “This is going to be close.”
“Give us thirty seconds,” Fred said. “We’ll leave via escape pod.”
John approved. Because Seoba had only a trace atmosphere, the shockwave of a Fury one-megaton thermonuclear device would barely be noticeable from a half kilometer away, and both Spartan Mjolnir and ODST space-assault armor was already shielded from EMP. So they would need to worry only about the heat blast, which could be avoided by simply hiding behind something . . . the farther away, the better, of course.
John ignored him. “All personnel, take cover!” he said. “Fury-class tactical nuke detonation thirty seconds! Repeat, tactical nuke thirty seconds!”
John was already up and bounding down the run-out drift with Joshua and Anton when Crowther’s voice came over the command channel.
“What the hell was that?”
“Fred and Linda with Starry Night survivors,” John reported. “Be advised, self-destruct detonation in twenty-five seconds.”
John didn’t know quite what to make of the exchange with the two commanders, but he’d figure that out later—assuming he cleared the half-kilometer safety range before the Fury detonated.
Then John and his companions reached the bottom of the run-out drift, dropped into the blanket of sublimation fog, and started across the quarry floor at a sprint. He didn’t want to distract the squad by asking for a count-off, but his motion tracker showed five Spartans fleeing in the same direction. Counting the two with him and the two that had ridden the escape pod away with Fred, that was all but one of the squad right there. With luck, he wouldn’t lose any.
The gray silhouette of a wrecked Covenant hoverbike emerged from the fog ahead, and a moment later his onboard computer displayed a yellow five-second countdown on the HUD. Four, three . . . John and his companions leaped over the vehicle and crouched down behind it.
The count on his HUD reached one. His helmet speakers crackled with static, and the quarry grew as bright as a muzzle flash. The vehicle rocked ever so slightly, and the fog cleared, carried away on the shadow of a shockwave that Seoba’s trace atmosphere could support.
John rose, then looked back toward a billowing wall of steam where the run-out drift had been a moment before. He was happy to see the blocky shapes of several Spartans—first three, then four, then all five that he had seen on his HUD earlier—emerging from the cloud, stumbling and weaving, but still on their feet. Their Mjolnir was shielded from the EMP released by nuclear weapons, and the lack of atmosphere had protected them from any shockwave effects. But if they had been close enough to the detonation, their armor could have taken some heat damage—and if the shielding had been breached, the Spartans themselves might even have suffered some radiation poisoning.
Source: Halo: Silent Storm

Spartans can tank a direct hit of a Wraith's plasma mortar, which vaporizes everything in a 20-meter radius.
There was no anti-infantry attack quite as horrifying as a plasma strike, which unleashed such a searing blast that anything inside the impact zone was flash-incinerated, while anything nearby by was merely knocked down and immolated. John had seen direct hits reduce concrete bunkers to swirling clouds of white-hot dust and near-misses leave men standing on smoking pegs of charred bone.
The artillery blanket continued to intensify and creep across the jungle slope toward John, flooding the right side of his faceplate with blinding strobe light. The plasma rounds were the least of his concerns. The Mjolnir armor he and his Spartans wore would protect them from anything short of a direct hit. Besides, once the Covenant had flattened the jungle, Blue Team wouldn’t have to wait for the bridging vehicles to enter a predetermined firing zone.
Plasma rounds incinerated everything within a twenty-meter radius of the strike, with an even larger secondary damage ring. The concussion wave alone increased the mortality risk of a maneuvering infantry soldier tenfold. Linda would be okay in her Mjolnir armor unless she happened to run directly under an incoming strike—but in a barrage this heavy, the chances of that happening were high.
Source: Halo: Oblivion

Master Chief tanking plasma rifle fire from a hundred Drones.
The plasma bolts kept coming, slashing through the moss curtains and walls of fronds at a steadily flattening angle, raising jets of smoke and mud all around, pinging off John’s Mjolnir in an ever-deepening scale that suggested shell failure was growing likely. Fred and Linda had already checked in at the LZ, but he and Kelly were still three hundred meters out and at least four minutes late, and if the Night Watch was gone, the two of them were done.
Maybe they shouldn’t have ducked back into the jungle after all. It had seemed like a good idea at the time, stumbling across the crater-pocked terrain on the reverse slope of Sarpesi Ridge with a hundred Drones gaining on them by the second.
Source: Halo: Oblivion

Master Chief tanks the detonation of a nearby Scorpion missile designed to take out tanks. He is launched six meters, and the missile itself created a two-meter deep crash.
He stopped. The automatic cannons were one thing—could the armor withstand air power like that? The SkyHawk had a quartet of 50mm cannons that made the chain-guns look like peashooters. They also had Scorpion missiles—designed to take out tanks.
The tip of the Scorpion missile passed a centimeter from his head.
He reached out—fingertips brushed the metal casing—
—and slapped it aside.
The SkyHawk jet screamed over his head.
The Scorpion missile detonated.
Pressure slammed though his body. The Master Chief flew six meters, spinning end over end, and landed flat on his back.
He blinked, and saw nothing but blackness. Was he dead? Had he lost?
The shield status bar in his heads-up display pulsed weakly. It was completely drained—then it blinked red and slowly started to refill. Blood was spattered across the inside of his helmet and he tasted copper.
He stood, his muscles screaming in protest.
“Run!” Cortana said. “Before they come back for a look.”
The Master Chief got up and ran. As he passed the spot where he had stood to face down the missile, he saw a two-meter-deep crater.

Master Chief tanks Hunter's fuel rod cannon without his energy shield breaking, and tank direct hits even when his shields are low on charge.
The Spartan swiveled around, and heard a warning tone as a Hunter’s weapon discharged. Burning energy smashed into him. The Shade shook under the force of the incoming fire as the Master Chief clenched his jaw and forced himself to bring the targeting reticle down onto the target. His shield bled energy and began to shriek a shrill alarm.
The skirmish took mere minutes. His shield indicator pulsed a warning yet again, and he paused at the top of the ravine to allow it time to recharge. His gun swept the area, and noted the circular structure that dominated a small depression at the top of the ravine.
His shield had just begun a recharge cycle, feeding off the armor’s capacious power plant, when the pair of Hunter aliens burst from cover and lobbed fire at his position.
The first blast struck him square in the chest and sent him tumbling backward. The second shot was stopped by a thick-trunked tree. A trickle of blood pooled in the corner of his left eye. He shook his head to clear his blurred vision and rolled to his left. A third shot kicked up a plume of soil where he had lain just seconds before.

Master Chief was unharmed by a nearby Wraith's plasma shot which killed three other soldiers who were further away from it than him,
As the walls of the tunnel reverberated with the sounds of the charging plasma mortar John dashed over to the rent in the tunnel wall—firing three more bursts from his battle rifle back at the advancing enemies as he went—then turned and disappeared into the breach. He had made it no more than thirteen meters when the mortar round slammed into the opening, sending a wall of concussion and heat that drove him to his knees and caused his shields to overload and drop. John got back to his feet, but Private Jemison, the second-to-last man to make it into the breach, was lying facedown in the now boiling muck—his organs ruptured and bones splintered from that same blast. Howls from the darkness told him that Jemison wasn’t the only casualty. He ran past Private First-Class Locke, whose split and blistered flesh and raw bone were visible through smoldering holes in his BDUs. He stepped over Private First-Class Galliard, who had been felled by a piece of rebar that entered just below the nape of his neck and exited through the bridge of his nose—the still-glowing chunk of steel protruded from the sewer wall ten yards farther ahead.
Source:Halo: Evolutions Volume II Essential Tales of the Halo Universe

Master Chief unfazed by this massive explosion
vHPtqdS.jpeg
eG8njqu.jpeg

Master Chief tanking plasma fire from six Hunters
lypFt8u.jpeg
5VSD2Nf.jpeg

Master Chief tanking the detonation of a point-blank plasma grenade that vaporizes a Brute Chieftain and scorches close to a dozen nearby Grunts.
YDACgXd.jpeg
834Odl5.jpeg
JuFHGdc.jpeg

Master Chief tanking lasers from 343 Guilty Spark, a Forerunner Monitor

Master Chief in Halo 4 tanking a slipspace rupture crash that creates a massive crater from the impact
7LQ5sSR.png

Master Chief had his evolution accelerated a Forerunner by the name of the Librarian, giving him immunity to the Composer that digitizes organics.

Last edited:
Weapons calc 2

Maddie

Acclaimed

Plasma Cannons on a ghost are stated to be 100-250 kilowatts, so Chief probably tanked a few hundred kilojoules to low megajoules of energy there

Chief can run 60 miles per hour, so in 30 seconds that is 804.672 meters from the epicenter of the nuclear explosion. Due to the explosion being on a moon it seems the actual blast is smaller, the shockwave only being 500 meters in radius. I will try to calc that. From a cursory look, that would mean the explosion functioned more like it was 12 kilotons on the moon (thanks to the atmosphere), and given Chief is 800 meters out, that would be within the 5 psi overpressure zone.

Plasma Pistol core power output is 100-150 Kv @ 2-3 dA, or 20-45 kilowatts. Plasma pistols fire at 360 rpm. They fired at him for four minutes, and there is 100. Assuming his shields weren't somewhat regenerating inbetween and they hit 100% accurately, he sustained 480,000,000 to 1,080,000,000 joules. However this is a highball because plasma pistols only contain 100 shots worth. A single shot is 3333.333-7500 joules, and 100 x 100 shots times that is 33,333,333.333 to 75,000,000 joules assuming 100% accuracy

The Scorpion Missile is based on a Hellfire Missile in design, size, and usage. I can base it on that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-114_Hellfire

It has 8 kilograms of octol

Octol is 70% TNT, 30% HMX

https://sgp.fas.org/othergov/doe/lanl/lib-www/books/epro.pdf

5.6 kilograms of TNT, 2.4 kilograms of HMX

((2.23092637 kilocalories per gram * 5.6 kilograms) + (0.0381556955 kilocalories per gram * 5.6 kilograms)) + ((3.59793951 kilocalories per gram * 2.4 kilograms) + (0.0537137322 kilocalories per gram * 2.4 kilograms)) = 89,833,941.6 joules

The missile is 1.6 meters Going by the angle it went in the comic, it had a trajectory that’d make most sense that it traveled around 2x its length from Chief going by eyeballing. I could do angular measurements but this is an okay eyeball. That’s 3.2 meters Chief is 218 centimeters tall in the armor and he weighs 451.3 kilograms with his armor on, but we can’t simply get a surface area from that as the number is extremely bloated from him being genetically engineered to be extremely densely muscled and plus his armor is made of titanium. Finding the ideal weight and using that for body surface area would make more sense.

https://www.calculator.net/ideal-we...htinch=2&cheightmeter=180&printit=0&x=49&y=39

223.5 lbs

https://www.calculator.net/body-surface-area-calculator.html

I get a surface area of 2.54 m^2, it sounds like he wasn’t consumed by the explosion and just hit from the back/front, so I will halve that to 1.77 m^2

4 * pi * (3.2 meters)^2 = 128.679635 m^2 (128.679635 m^2)/(1.77 m^2) = 72.7003588

89,833,941.6 joules/72.7003588 = 1,235,673.98 joules

I calced some of them

Wraith calc

Maddie

Acclaimed
As we can see in game the actual explosive blast for Wraiths are much smaller than 20 meters, so the 20 meters is simply the kill radius from the overpressure and heat

Within a 20 meter radius, organic matter is incinerated and bone is left as blackened and charred

Organic matter incinerates at 650 degrees celsius

We can get the volume of air heated from the blast by this:

I get a volume of 16,755 m^3

Air is 1.225 kg/m^3

16,755 m^3 * 1.225 kg/m^3 = 20524.875 kg

630 degree celsius temperature change given air at room temperature

= 13,085,839,305 joules

Chief is 13 meters from the epicenter of the explosion, or a hemisphere of 1061.9 square meters

1061.9 square meters/2.54 m^2 = 31,300,529.1 joules

Master Chief dodging Beam Rifle calc

Maddie

Acclaimed
Hmmm the Beam Rifle feat isn't as ridiculous as I thought

Chief was ahead of her by 10 meters or so

mach 10.6 at 30 meters is 8.25127895 milliseconds

10 meters/8.25127895 milliseconds equals = mach 3.53333332, not hypersonic, just supersonic+

Back