• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Hysterically bad moments from media(comics/manga, anime, live-action, TV shows, movies, etc.) where the author/writer clearly didn't have a clue.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I just think it’s funny people use 40 tons as a low end for Goku when planet tier guys like Iron Man and Loki are weaker than that according to the handbook

Base Goku slapping around Loki would be funny to watch though :whathekong
The ultimate gotcha moment for DBZ fans against comic fans who choose to go the downplaying route. Actual poetry in motion. :mjlol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The ultimate gotcha moment for DBZ fans against comic fans who choose to go the downplaying route. Actual poetry in motion. :mjlol
It gets worse

Thor and Spider-Man are routinely threatened by large falls in the (usually older) comics. Spider-Man has to avoid going splat when he falls off a building

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Assuming the guys who were able to lift half a ton irl would have a Powerlevel of 20 in DBZ, Goku's base form should lift far more than 40 tons

It gets worse

Thor and Spider-Man are routinely threatened by large falls in the (usually older) comics. Spider-Man has to avoid going splat when he falls off a building
I remember when Superman flew infront of a hail of bullets and couldn’t catch a single one

Old DBZ vs Superman threads brought all types of low ends like these. Sub-Sonic level Superman Vs Sub-Glass Level SSJ4 Goku

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I remember when Superman flew infront of a hail of bullets and couldn’t catch a single one

Old DBZ vs Superman threads brought all types of low ends like these. Sub-Sonic level Superman Vs Sub-Glass Level SSJ4 Goku
Truly, the ultimate battle of legends. :jordangif

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The scan from the Handbook is more blurry so I won’t post it, but for Dr Doom it states his suit can lift a maximum of 2,200 lbs

I'm finally in this topic in earnest and while Nasu does this alot, THIS is basically him at his most ludicrous when it comes to not understanding how slow shit is and how fast shit is:

Screenshot_20230711-000115_FateGO1.jpg

So you would be like: Oh 1200KPH and then later Mach 2 and it's not at it's fastest, why does that matter? Because of this not even that much later on:

Screenshot_20230711-000224_FateGO1.jpg

Screenshot_20230711-000247_FateGO1.jpg

>It's Acceleration isn't affected by Atmospheric Pressure or Temperature
>Literally ignores Inertia itself like The Flash
It's only shown to not go anywhere as BS fast as she actually should be and is the same for the Storm Border yet later on, it can only go to Mach 8.5 safely.
It's honestly hilarious as we get so much bullshit for both Albion, Tam Lin Lancelot/Melusine and the Storm Border in everything, even the latter in speed... yet they stick by Supersonic at plenty of points even when he later on has them move far, far faster than that later on and even HE tends to state that Servants move faster than this!

I do plan on putting in like 2-3 more examples for FGO because they are honestly hilarious when you really look at it.

Gonna do Round 2 on this immediately because again, this is honestly something I REALLY need to get off my chest because it doesn't even make sense:

Screenshot_20230704-215141_FateGO1.jpg

>Rhongomyniad
>Make a Hole the almost a size of a huge ass pit

What's truly stupid outside of SB trying to use this feat as if this is a high feat of Rhongomyniad here:

Is the fact that Rhongomyniad literally shits on this in terms of what it did not even a Lostbelt ago, let alone 3 Lostbelts ago:

To show why this is significant:

foILNvd.jpg

This is the "defensive spell" Kirschtaria uses to defend against Rhongomyniad... and ultimately failed and how strong is Artemis's "Arrows"?

Description of the Attack here and the video version here.
TL;DR: It should be obvious by the original name of Machine God Artemis but she's an Interstellar Battle Cruiser that is meant to destroy Interstellar Ships and even destroy Planets by tearing through them or straight out gouging them out.

So yeah, this doesn't even make sense in a Lostbelt ago... but when you decide to remember a little further than that?

Here, Holmes states it's a Divine Construct born from the Planet and prioritizes all life forms and not even an Age of the Gods-tier Deity can survive it.
Here, Scathath-Skadi collaborates the same thing, bringing up the fact it was meant to destroy the Scandanivan Reality of the Age of the Gods.
Here, Da Vinci states that Laevateinn is on par with Rhongomyniad

This is a weapon equivalent to Rhongomyniad and can literally obliterate an entire Reality on the Surface of a Planet in Nasuverse terms... with ease.
Rhongomyniad is stronger than something that can literally destroy Nasuverse Planets... which is so hilariously above Planetary, it hurts.

So Da Vinci clarifying it as "Can make something close to an 8KM hole" is ludicrously weak(Even if she's dumbing it down to soldiers who don't know of it's existence), especially when it's entire use is to defeat a being that can casually make BLACK HOLES from the energy she's capable of. Especially when SHE'S the one who explained the most bullshit factor of many of these things here.

EDIT: If you think I'm talking about Black Holes as in small scale, I mean Black Holes that are absolutely ginormous like this:
Df69Rg6.jpg

For reference, the thing below it is a MASSIVE Tree that is atleast a good kilometers wide and yet her Black Hole she casually uses eclipses the shit out of it in width.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ykodz5x.jpg

A Touma slowly dying from St. Germain destroying his body from the inside being able to punch out Anna Sprengel, a Magic God level mage, would have been the ultimate PIS moment in the series to date.

Until the next volume threw in some context to her defeat that made it not a win for Touma at all at the expense of kinda ruining what was honestly one of his best moments in the series to date.

:wow

Back