if you could change one thing about your brain, what would it be

Baka

Byronic Hero
GFX Designer
analogue to the body thread

me? definitely my insecurity and tendency to second guess everything, it's pretty much a wholesale negative and has fucked more than a few things up for me (tho it HAS gotten somewhat better with age) :becel

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
Losing my paralysing insecurity would have done wonders for my creative pursuits, that's for sure. Sometimes I look at something I wrote years ago and, distanced from my past self by time, I'm able to realise that I actually had some really neat ideas sometimes. It'd be nice to feel that in the moment too.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I overcame my largest issue. Hopelessness.
My next? Laziness. I feel like I could do it all if I could just muster the effort to care enough about certain things.
I'm not done growing but my brain has certainly reached a point where I have very little left to regret about how it works.

Some Schlub

Preeminent
That it would stop repeating my personal drama from roughly 3 years ago, and getting into the same, cyclical argument with the image of that person I have conjured up in my brain. :/

...and that it would stop trying to insert that into whatever wacky dream I'm having.

Kaigainiki

ホンカ・ドンカ・バドンカス
V.I.P. Member
That's a loaded question to ask someone with autism, my friend.

Like the immediate thought might be to say negate all that.

But if you've gotten to a point in your life where you've found semi-okay ways to cope, and your personality has grown up and developed around it, would you change ALL of that?

That's truly hard for me to fathom, man. :life

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I wish I had legitimate artistic talent since my brain is definitely more right-oriented

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
I'm adhd like a mother fucker straight up wish I could focus on stuff like school, kids events and daily tasks the way I can with this hobby, manga, comics and sports. Gets turned to depression and my brain feeling fried alot

As someone with high-functioning autism as well, I get where Kaigainiki is coming from, but sometimes I just wish I didn't have it.
I'm constantly misreading situations and getting people pissed off at me and I hate it.
Despite how much I've learned to cope with and work around it, I still feel like it's holding me back.

Leng

Illustrious
I don't think I would. However flawed I am, that's who I am. It's remarkable in terms of probability to even be alive, consider the sheer magnitude of those odds in terms of all the history that led to you.

Back