Kratos (GOW3) vs Elden Ring

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

How far will he get? Is Radagon gonna see the end of this day?

Kratos is only allowed blades of Exile, nemenian cestus and blade of Olympus( he gets the cestus when he arrives at Radahn and blade of Olympus before Malenia)

bonus: GOW ragnarok kratos with axe, spear and blades. Same scenario

Getsa

Illustrious
Kratos caps at Continent or Multi Continental and Relativistic iirc. Elden Ring is around Star-Solar System and very very high into FTL, so I don't think Kratos is going that far if that's the case.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Were people not arguing for planet or star level Kratos in the OBD before? What happened?

sir_fire

Distinguished
Gameplay mechanics says: Kratos stomps simply because his roll nen is that much better and he can pull off actual combos with his weapons without getting tired after just 3 swings. Plus he can Aerial Rave.

Lore wise, even if I genuinely doubt that Elden Ring is that strong given what the Tarnished can do (inb4 goat-horse is actually relativistic/FTL since it can outrun Radhan's meteors and other cosmic attacks). I'll sadly have to give it to Elden Ring's Gods since the closest cosmic level feat GOW had was with Atlas and that was just the Earth.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
That reminds me, wasn't there a FF7 Knights of the Round situation with someone where their dimension had a bunch of stars/potentially galaxies in it and they destroyed it? :hm

Or am I thinking about the Elden Beast 🤔

Last edited:

sir_fire

Distinguished
Also Radahn being able to utilize the Meteors would still be bare minimum, lowest end, relativistic. So I don't think Kratos is getting to the Outer Gods anyways.
Still find it hard to swallow that Maidenless Runt and his Goat-Horse are relativistic, otherwise, no arrow or magic spell from much weaker denizens of the Lands Between can even tag him and that is hardly the case in the game.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
>It's another thread of vidya characters getting downplayed because "muh gameplay mechanics" :smh
Yeah, it sucks that the developers are hiding the real story where everyone is actually weak as shit, rather than the cool stuff we see happen on-screen. :mjpls

sir_fire

Distinguished
>It's another thread of vidya characters getting downplayed because "muh gameplay mechanics" :smh
You know what Fromsoft Game doesn't suffer from this exact problem? Armored Core.

And even then there's the fact that a NEXT can somehow survive face-tanking a shell the size of a house fired from an artillery gun big enough to crush an entire town.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Bla bla bla I hate the souls series because I am eternally butthurt over how popular it is
Can it with the insistent whining Fire. You should know damn well bitching about a series not having it's gameplay match up with feats is sperg battles tier of retarded as shown by their constant downplaying of other franchise like Elder Scrolls and if it is stupid as fuck there, it is no less stupid as fuck here. Not to mention constantly going on about how much better Armored Core is in every thread is the type of obnoxious shit that gets a series more hated than liked so if you gave a damn about AC getting more loved you would spend more time talking about in threads that would help than just needlessly bitching about how much worse the souls series is in comparison.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
You know what Fromsoft Game doesn't suffer from this exact problem? Armored Core.

And even then there's the fact that a NEXT can somehow survive face-tanking a shell the size of a house fired from an artillery gun big enough to crush an entire town.
And Goku and Majin Buu both were harmed by rocks and bullets. Are they suddenly street level? The point is, the OBD isn't Reddit or SB. We don't operate on exclusively low ends, nor do we only do by the flashiest events on screen. We evaluate all series equally through all lenses. With how the OBD has always handled things, characters in Elden Ring are relativistic minimum. Unless you really have an argument against it, in which case be my guest.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Still find it hard to swallow that Maidenless Runt and his Goat-Horse are relativistic, otherwise, no arrow or magic spell from much weaker denizens of the Lands Between can even tag him and that is hardly the case in the game.
Kratos can be tagged and killed by regular ass human Raiders and fodder monsters in gameplay if you REALLY want to go that route. :maybe

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Kratos can be tagged and killed by regular ass human Raiders and fodder monsters in gameplay if you REALLY want to go that route. :maybe
Yeah low ends exist in almost every video game, need I remind you guys there was a Superman game where he could actually be harmed by bullets? :trinny

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Not sure what the issue here is that you have. This carries over to pretty much all games if you want to intermix gameplay mechanics with actual fluff and lore, we had the same issue for years with Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and other games.

That said; the Tarnished canonically can defeat Radahn by themselves, though its not Radahn at his full power or best state and post-Caelid fight with Malenia. The same Radahn still could battle the very stars and weaken the magic and powers of powerful sorcerers like even Rennala and Ranni as Blaidd and Iji state, by blocking them them with his gravity magic. The same Ranni whose not at full power, gave up her own part of the Great Rune from the Elden Ring itself, while without her true body, was still capable of creating dimensions filled with constellations, stars, and warping space-time.

Rennala is arguably more powerful.

Marika supposedly slew the Fell God of the Fire Giants; Godfrey defeated his predecessor, an immortal multi-headed proto Elden Lord (the "Dragon Lord") who was the champion et consort of the unnamed Dragon God before the Age of the Golden Order was established, and this fucker was warping time with his existence and locking Farum Azula from the rest of it.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Hell the Grey Lords and Pale Lords both arrive from space at re-entry speeds and will fight the Tarnished right off the bat. You then have Radahn crushing stars with his gravity magic and still not being a contender for the absolute top tiers because besides the Outer Gods you have Godfrey, the Gloam-Eyed/Dusk-Eyed Queen, Radagon, and Marika.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Also both of the ancient dragons, Lannseax and Fortisaxx, have feats of easily catching natural lightning out of storms that form overhead with their presences, and turning them into dragon lightning before hurling them at opponents. Naturally stronger characters also scale to this.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Can it with the insistent whining Fire. You should know damn well bitching about a series not having it's gameplay match up with feats is sperg battles tier of retarded as shown by their constant downplaying of other franchise like Elder Scrolls and if it is stupid as fuck there, it is no less stupid as fuck here. Not to mention constantly going on about how much better Armored Core is in every thread is the type of obnoxious shit that gets a series more hated than liked so if you gave a damn about AC getting more loved you would spend more time talking about in threads that would help than just needlessly bitching about how much worse the souls series is in comparison.
Oh hey, you're assuming things of me despite not knowing what I really believe in. Sounds a lot like a fucking leftist that calls anyone that they don't like a fascist, racist homophobe. Then again... You always seemed so similar to them given your impotent rage against society.

And Goku and Majin Buu both were harmed by rocks and bullets. Are they suddenly street level? The point is, the OBD isn't Reddit or SB. We don't operate on exclusively low ends, nor do we only do by the flashiest events on screen. We evaluate all series equally through all lenses. With how the OBD has always handled things, characters in Elden Ring are relativistic minimum. Unless you really have an argument against it, in which case be my guest.
It isn't just Elden Ring I have this sort of problem with you know. I only focus on that given how massive the gulf is between its feats and how it actually plays out in-game. Want another example? Titan Quest and Grim Dawn.

Lore says the top tiers are Universe level, actual Gods; especially Typhon, Surtr, and an actual Eldtrich abomination that threatens to eat an entire planet. But gameplay wise? Main character just gets juiced enough to facetank all their attacks before hitting them in the taint with a sword or blasting them with magic till they stop moving all while moving no quicker than a brisk jog.

Or what about MGS? Somehow a FAMAS mag-dumping into Snake is more dangerous than a rocket to the face. Or getting sprayed by burning napalm.

It's because of this and the often oxymoronic idea of integrating gameplay with the story in a sensible fashion is why I find it hard to take certain feats at face value.

However on the opposite end of the Spectrum; everything about Asura's Wrath... Though it's very generous to even call it a game.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh hey, you're assuming things of me despite not knowing what I really believe in. Sounds a lot like a fucking leftist that calls anyone that they don't like a fascist, racist homophobe. Then again... You always seemed so similar to them given your impotent rage against society.

It isn't just Elden Ring I have this sort of problem with you know. I only focus on that given how massive the gulf is between its feats and how it actually plays out in-game. Want another example? Titan Quest and Grim Dawn.

Lore says the top tiers are Universe level, actual Gods; especially Typhon, Surtr, and an actual Eldtrich abomination that threatens to eat an entire planet. But gameplay wise? Main character just gets juiced enough to facetank all their attacks before hitting them in the taint with a sword or blasting them with magic till they stop moving all while moving no quicker than a brisk jog.

Or what about MGS? Somehow a FAMAS mag-dumping into Snake is more dangerous than a rocket to the face. Or getting sprayed by burning napalm.

It's because of this and the often oxymoronic idea of integrating gameplay with the story in a sensible fashion is why I find it hard to take certain feats at face value.

However on the opposite end of the Spectrum; everything about Asura's Wrath... Though it's very generous to even call it a game.
If your best reasoning for why story should be ignored in favor of gameplay is "muh low ends" then you have a lot to learn about the way we've handled things for years.

Alternatively, there's another solution:

Back