Mafia General Discussion

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Magic is RemChu right?

Ask him on Discord, OLF is blacklisted on NF/Fanverse and if you try to link anyone here via PMs or in public, Mbxx will auto shadow perm-ban you.

Big Man

Illustrious
Roman Reigns Wrestling GIF by WWE

The X

Marvelous
These are my thoughts and they are scrambled I admit:

I wasn't aware of you guys from TMF/WG/whatever coming here with preconceived notions about one of you being automatically made into a section moderator or just running the entire section off a whim. Like Ral said, that was never a thing with the OBDers from NarutoFan/Fanverse. The initial belief was you guys would stick around, play games, help build up the community here, and we'd all have some fun and we would get to know you guys and figure from there who to give responsibility of taking care of the section.

I do understand that within a community, certain individuals or staff would be hoped to regain their status here.

That said; our initial pick was Ekko because of his activity, general presence, a good link between both communities and him being a well known quantity. Ekko however seems to not be interested in being a section moderator, Aries/Libra is not as active as he used to be and Siggy is currently sidelined with a lot of RL stuff. So I went with Ultra after talking it out with Ral, Retro, Sigismund, Nep, and other staff members. We choose Ultra as he was already a candidate for potential modship as an advisor given his relative level-headed demeanor and ability to get things done without problems; the fact he at least to me, seems well respected within your guys community was bonus icing on the cake while being able to work with us as a link between the staff and community.

If Poyser or Grammaton have interest in being advisors, community ambassadors, or whatever we call them or tack on, we can run on that.

But in general having a new community say "hey we expected this or that" was kind of a move we weren't exactly coming at us right out the gates. Like I and Ral have said, this didn't happen with the OBDers and that was a section that brought like 60-80+ people here. Consider it more like a trial run for whoever we pick: we like the way your doing things, we can talk about promotion to moderators as long as you fulfill responsibilities of maintaining your section, running it right, not playing favorites even to your friends or posters you dislike, keeping the rules and posters in check, etc...everything will be fine.

So besides Ultra as the current advisor who has their hat in the ring to go with him to help run things here?
Poyser?
Grammaton?
It was the WS boys that had those thoughts.

I like Gram and think he would be great. No issues with Poyser either, I've just seen Gram around longer than I have Poyser.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
it's in bad faith, i would discourage it, but not actually prohibit. do what you wish, just don't see where it'd lead

however if you simply want to bounce ideas off of me with a genuine intent to discuss your opposing belief, sure

the fact you had to ask doesn't make me think you have any intention to discuss things with authenticity. so what is the point to trying to not only ask permission, but to play devil's advocate here?

am i assuming incorrectly you and some people simply don't like mafia, and have some tension over the section's current existence and influx of activity?
are you genuinely trying to contribute to a microcommunity, here? a community about a game you don't place much thought in because it just isn't that interesting?

if you have a section you love and there's something you disagree policy wise about, id be more willing to take this question from you at face value because you hold some sentiment over, say, the shitpost section because there's people you genuinely enjoy interacting with. now with that, we'd enjoy working on together.

this? if you dont see the point of this much passion over a game, what's the purpose of picking apart thought processes if they're things you probably will disagree with?

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Why the confrontational tone? I just asked if I could Chime in my thoughts

Back