Mafia General Discussion

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
yeah sites actually the best for mafia so far

we got dice, threadmarks, who replied and we can even react to posts with a clown emoji. its foken great lol
we can do far more!
ral has alot of ideas he wants to start developing
but not just for mafia, for OLF

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
We are going to do a bit of restructuring before we make any other moves in roles and responsibilities. I believe Advisor is an old term from an old forum some of us originated from. My main mission from the day OLF was incepted was to bring communities together and give those that left other communities for whatever reason a new home to relax and enjoy themselves in. I still believe there's time to do that, especially with how small and young this forum still is. Y'all will see some changes in the current days, but we are looking into some options like maybe having a group called "Community Ambassador" or "Section Ambassador".

Roles and responsibilities will need to be fleshed out and expectations will need to be set and agreed upon. It would make sense at this point to update our forum leaders thread with a breakdown of each group/role in order to avoid any confusion to what each staff members do here. I believe that is the missing link between communities y'all came or migrated from, and we really do appreciate the feedback and patience everyone has with this current misunderstanding.

The X

Marvelous
yeah sites actually the best for mafia so far

we got dice, threadmarks, who replied and we can even react to posts with a clown emoji. its foken great lol
I need that clown reaction in my life.

Thread marks are always clutch. I love no cooldown between posts as well.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
BTW if any of you are interested in learning themes and working on stuff to reduce the workload between ral and I, please don't be shy; I'd love the help

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Hehe so my quest of love still continues?
FNnnmZtXwAI2bm4.jpg

Poyser

since its the start of the new year and all how would u guys feel about an annual members mafia

that is, the players are the roles

we can do this game as a big OLF game once or twice an year

if people r down i volunteer for hosting one since i know most of the players from both communities lol
I ran these regularly on WS and WF haha, they’re good fun

The X

Marvelous
Is there the ability to expand how many posts someone can see when isoing someone's posts? I hate having only twenty posts per page and having to click through them. NF almost all posts are on the same page when you click on someone's replies in a thread.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
We've come to an agreement internally that we will discuss the evolution of current roles and access on the forum with the community. Unlike other forums you may be already used to, the users are what drives the success of every thriving community, and we want to prove to everyone that we're not like these other places. I'm most likely going to start a thread in the Feedback and Suggestion section, so look out for that thread, and give as much input so we can all have a voice in this exciting journey ahead!

Is there the ability to expand how many posts someone can see when isoing someone's posts? I hate having only twenty posts per page and having to click through them. NF almost all posts are on the same page when you click on someone's replies in a thread.
I haven't been on NF/FV in a long time, so I'll have to see if it's an add-on we can install; I've seen it on another forum, but we did add the ability to increase the number of posts to display per page a while back (it's right next to the ignore thread button). That could also be why ISO'ing doesn't work here, but I'll have to investigate, nonetheless. I think that was a feature of Vbulletin, since I know a Mafia forum that has the ability to isolate posts from a user in a given thread. Curious, does that feature exist in the current iteration of NF/FV?

Poyser

You can ISO if you use the “who replied?” Feature. Think he just means when you do it, it’s limited to 20 posts per page as standard. Think it only loads 10 pages at a time too

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
You can ISO if you use the “who replied?” Feature. Think he just means when you do it, it’s limited to 20 posts per page as standard. Think it only loads 10 pages at a time too
There's no option for the Who Replied add-on to increase that, maybe in the code or in a template, but they usually set default limits that can't be changed because large amounts of data from a query like that can decrease the performance of the forum. I'll put it on my to-do and investigate if we have flexibility around increasing the default limits, but as of right now, it only allows me to adjust the number of users to display per page.

The X

Marvelous
We've come to an agreement internally that we will discuss the evolution of current roles and access on the forum with the community. Unlike other forums you may be already used to, the users are what drives the success of every thriving community, and we want to prove to everyone that we're not like these other places. I'm most likely going to start a thread in the Feedback and Suggestion section, so look out for that thread, and give as much input so we can all have a voice in this exciting journey ahead!

I haven't been on NF/FV in a long time, so I'll have to see if it's an add-on we can install; I've seen it on another forum, but we did add the ability to increase the number of posts to display per page a while back (it's right next to the ignore thread button). That could also be why ISO'ing doesn't work here, but I'll have to investigate, nonetheless. I think that was a feature of Vbulletin, since I know a Mafia forum that has the ability to isolate posts from a user in a given thread. Curious, does that feature exist in the current iteration of NF/FV?
Yeah, I can iso a ton of posts at a time on FanVerse.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
These are my thoughts and they are scrambled I admit:

I wasn't aware of you guys from TMF/WG/whatever coming here with preconceived notions about one of you being automatically made into a section moderator or just running the entire section off a whim. Like Ral said, that was never a thing with the OBDers from NarutoFan/Fanverse. The initial belief was you guys would stick around, play games, help build up the community here, and we'd all have some fun and we would get to know you guys and figure from there who to give responsibility of taking care of the section.

I do understand that within a community, certain individuals or staff would be hoped to regain their status here.

That said; our initial pick was Ekko because of his activity, general presence, a good link between both communities and him being a well known quantity. Ekko however seems to not be interested in being a section moderator, Aries/Libra is not as active as he used to be and Siggy is currently sidelined with a lot of RL stuff. So I went with Ultra after talking it out with Ral, Retro, Sigismund, Nep, and other staff members. We choose Ultra as he was already a candidate for potential modship as an advisor given his relative level-headed demeanor and ability to get things done without problems; the fact he at least to me, seems well respected within your guys community was bonus icing on the cake while being able to work with us as a link between the staff and community.

If Poyser or Grammaton have interest in being advisors, community ambassadors, or whatever we call them or tack on, we can run on that.

But in general having a new community say "hey we expected this or that" was kind of a move we weren't exactly coming at us right out the gates. Like I and Ral have said, this didn't happen with the OBDers and that was a section that brought like 60-80+ people here. Consider it more like a trial run for whoever we pick: we like the way your doing things, we can talk about promotion to moderators as long as you fulfill responsibilities of maintaining your section, running it right, not playing favorites even to your friends or posters you dislike, keeping the rules and posters in check, etc...everything will be fine.

So besides Ultra as the current advisor who has their hat in the ring to go with him to help run things here?
Poyser?
Grammaton?

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I endorse Poyser for moderator should you choose to elect somebody from our community but I have no expectations regarding that. This seems like a solid community with some fun personalities and good players so I'm excited to play here regardless!

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I endorse Poyser for moderator should you choose to elect somebody from our community but I have no expectations regarding that. This seems like a solid community with some fun personalities and good players so I'm excited to play here regardless!
Interesting.

That said, @Ultra and whoever else concerned: I heard there was discussion about ranked vs unranked games. With the whole records thing; total games, hosts, wins, losses, ranked and unranked, etc...can be compiled.

I also spoke with Ral and @Retrolize a bit on hosts and game winners earning prize points to cash in for temporary privileges like larger avatars, custom username and title effects, etc...what do you think of all of that? Anything to add?

Poyser

Interesting.

That said, @Ultra and whoever else concerned: I heard there was discussion about ranked vs unranked games. With the whole records thing; total games, hosts, wins, losses, ranked and unranked, etc...can be compiled.

I also spoke with Ral and @Retrolize a bit on hosts and game winners earning prize points to cash in for temporary privileges like larger avatars, custom username and title effects, etc...what do you think of all of that? Anything to add?
When I get on a PC in work later I’ll explain in proper detail and I’ll also grab my rankings sheet so people can see how I do it and open it up for suggestions etc. I’ll explain what we usually do to qualify games as ranked/unranked as well

Poyser

When I get on a PC in work later I’ll explain in proper detail and I’ll also grab my rankings sheet so people can see how I do it and open it up for suggestions etc. I’ll explain what we usually do to qualify games as ranked/unranked as well

Back