Mafia General Discussion

Big Man

Illustrious
Can we not glorify "top posters" ?
Its just gonna encourage them to spam more.

Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
2oq95i.jpg

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Bring back the cool-down timer and up it to 5 mins let’s goooo
5 minutes is no bueno

People need to simply exert some degree of self-control not to spam 50 posts in 2 minutes time; I know the main reason for this at least on NF/FV was because a lot of mafia game hosts and players did not like people editing their posts because "oh maybe there was a scum or indie slip" or some shit

I think hosts saying if they'll allow double posting, triple posting, post editing, or whatever needs to be clarified in each game so people know what to expect and not spam the thread to make ISO'ing someone's post, already a chore, become 10x harder

If I host a game:

- only 1 night post per night phase from a player
- no triple posting
- no post editing

etc

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
But yeah like I said; each host should specify posting stipulations and consequences/punishments for breaking them. If you have one guy whose serially night posting when he's been warned repeatedly not too, role-crush or mod-kill however you feel is right. If you have posters who are constantly triple, quadruple, quintuple posting, etc...over and over, warn them. If they disregard it, punish them how you see fit.

Activity shouldn't be discouraged.
Nor the energy that pushes people to play more, get emotionally invested, want to see how the game concludes, etc...
But I do get why some people get annoyed when say Ekko or someone else has 50 posts in a span of 5 minutes across 3 pages can make playing the game harder.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
posting too much makes it harder for others to keep up with the game and discourages them to continue playing sometimes. its a negative utility

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Actually I think night posting can be implemented more. Gives players time to discuss the day without the pressure of finding a lynch or the fear of a hammer.

Like every second night you can night post.

Though regarding the post editing I think it‘s fine if you correct spelling. But nothing more than this.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Nah, just respect host requirements.

As long as hosts are transparent about whether there's a restriction or zero tolerance for spammers in their OP, people know what they signed up for.

This way, users can choose to opt out of a game that allows people to spam. Or vice versa. ("Oh, this game has Ekko in it.. And it allows spam. Let me rethink this.")

It's the responsibility of the host and the one signing up.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Though regarding the post editing I think it‘s fine if you correct spelling. But nothing more than this.
Hmmm

It's hard to keep track of this kind of thing, because it means Australian and I will have to check post history to make sure this exception is being respected or abused
:hm
I agree in theory but I'm not sure how it would actually translate

I think the best thing here might be if an exception like this is allowed, a user has to make sure to tag someone or Poyser so the post history can be checked?

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Nah, just respect host requirements.

As long as hosts are transparent about whether there's a restriction or zero tolerance for spammers in their OP, people know what they signed up for.

This way, users can choose to opt out of a game that allows people to spam. Or vice versa. ("Oh, this game has Ekko in it.. And it allows spam. Let me rethink this.")

It's the responsibility of the host and the one signing up.
And then there‘s me who puts roles in games which require players to spam :lul .

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I don't think spam is really an issue, but I understand this is coming from someone who notoriously (throughout my time on the internet) is known for disorganized thoughts and I can also really feel for people struggling to catch up to the thread that just want to get to the meat of the discussion

I think that we've all migrated beautifully, handled disagreements in a mature way (them boys get cocky flower smh :caticon), that players like Ekko and I will naturally be understood that it's just our thing
Frustration is a by product of this in some games, but I think we can all adapt, much like NFera will adapt to Gram's designs as a host

It's just a quirk, really

If a player like Phenom is busy, the onus is on him to ask posters spamming while he's here to slow it down and Ekko and I to respect that
Or we could implement in-game post restrictions like "X spammer in thread has to post 20 words or less or will get role crushed for a cycle"
There are probably tons of ways to implement something that works, and I know it's getting old and quite cheesy, but communication is very much key

Back