• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Mafia General Discussion

Grammaton

Consigliere
I don’t think it’s an issue per se, but it’s definitely something that if we can control somewhat, will benefit the section as a whole

I always stress the word efficiency

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, use whatever works for your game, it just happens to be what most of us have played
I actually started with Town of Salem in 2017 which also had Majority Lynch, so I do prefer this over Plurality. The latter was just used in most normal games I played on OJ and WG, but I don‘t like it since it enables people to be inactive or a player gets lynched with just 3 votes. Also when hosting it‘s a pain to count votes distributed amongst like 10 different players lol.

Aries

Illustrious
I think hosts should clarify what kind of rules they want players to abide by in their games. Every host is different in how they host their games and wouldn't be that big of a fan of having a fits all sizes approach when it comes to rules concerning hosting games. I'm aware some players are much more chatty in comparison to others who are much more reserved but I wouldn't limit a players freedom in how they play or conduct themselves in the game in my games

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Alright. Then I use it for my game as well.
no please lol
lets try some plurality as well I miss having consistent phase start and end times and not having to worry about hammers lol

Emil

V.I.P. Member
I think hosts should clarify what kind of rules they want players to abide by in their games. Every host is different in how they host their games and wouldn't be that big of a fan of having a fits all sizes approach when it comes to rules concerning hosting games. I'm aware some players are much more chatty in comparison to others who are much more reserved but I wouldn't limit a players freedom in how they play or conduct themselves in the game in my games
aries its time u hit this section with a classic super smash level

Emil

V.I.P. Member
I can always make a poll.
do hybrid. its what ive been utilizing recently. i think its called deadline lynch

phase ends in a defined time and its plurality, however reaching majority at any point hammers it

Aries

Illustrious
aries its time u hit this section with a classic super smash level

I'm thinking of hosting a game here soon, I may redo my one piece game here to give it a second chance of life like how I brought back the fma game and hosted it on WG

Poyser

Actually I think night posting can be implemented more. Gives players time to discuss the day without the pressure of finding a lynch or the fear of a hammer.

Like every second night you can night post.

Though regarding the post editing I think it‘s fine if you correct spelling. But nothing more than this.
Our meta usually does have night posting. It’s been allowed in pretty much all of our games. That said I think a lot of us are going to change going forward. A break in a game as active as the last one was a godsend lol

Poyser

Hmmm

It's hard to keep track of this kind of thing, because it means Australian and I will have to check post history to make sure this exception is being respected or abused
:hm
I agree in theory but I'm not sure how it would actually translate

I think the best thing here might be if an exception like this is allowed, a user has to make sure to tag someone or Poyser so the post history can be checked?
We usually allow posts to be edited within the first 5 minutes and after that it’s not allowed

i don’t have a problem with somebody accidentally slipping and then scrambling to edit tbh lol. Slips are pretty lame.

but we did have a game where someone went back and edited a post a few phases later which was obviously a problem lol. So we imposed the 5 minute rule. Does this site have a time stamp for edited posts? WS did and that was xenforo so assuming it does

Poyser

do hybrid. its what ive been utilizing recently. i think its called deadline lynch

phase ends in a defined time and its plurality, however reaching majority at any point hammers it
I was gonna use this for my games but there’s been a few games recently where achieving a no lynch mid game was a big win for mafia and I don’t really want to eliminate that tactic either

Back