Mafia General Discussion

Poyser

Just for the record, we don’t consider our games vanilla lol. They’re categorised under role madness, they just seem to be a hell of a lot tamer than whatever the fuck you guys are doing :hestonpls

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
I would be happy to, except Worstgen has the ridiculous "no other anime forum links on this site" rule. In good faith, I couldn't ask people advertise Worstgen games here and not give the same treatment back.
We can talk to Al about it.
Of course, if someone wishes to use the little non-official Worstgen Mafia discord we have for this purpose...
Or that lol, maybe we can just link it to the people here.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
Just for the record, we don’t consider our games vanilla lol. They’re categorised under role madness, they just seem to be a hell of a lot tamer than whatever the fuck you guys are doing :hestonpls
Vanilla for me is basically 0 abilities, anything more than that is role madness or above lol.

Sigismund

Did any of Wad's games qualify as role-madness or super role-madness ones? I played in all of his Alley ones.
WAD did RM and SRM, especially his Favorites. He wasn't Aries level SRM, but it was SRM

idk his alley games the only Alley game I ever played was the one hosted by @Aries

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
These are some of the one's I played that WAD/Florida Man hosted:

They'd either qualify as madness or super madness type bastard games.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
The problem is "RM" is pretty vague at this stage. The Elden Ring game for example had vanilla roles, but would otherwise be classed as RM.
Would be called a Light role madness game, ie some roles would be vanilla. RM by definition to me means all roles have atleast one ability.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Did any of Wad's games qualify as role-madness or super role-madness ones? I played in all of his Alley ones.
I didn't play his Alley games, but of the ones I did play - Role Madness.
We can talk to Al about it.

Or that lol, maybe we can just link it to the people here.
The staff position is they won't make an exception for a subsection (which Mafia is). It's really silly yes, my whole tim spent playing Mafia has had to navigate around this issue, I think the discord is probably a decent compromise.

Poyser

Vanilla for me is basically 0 abilities, anything more than that is role madness or above lol.
Yeah we are role madness. We may have a handful of vanilla players (or sometimes not any) and most players will have a role, some may have 2 etc. we just also try and keep it balanced to the point that playing actual mafia is still the key ingredient to winning and try not to include huge, game swinging devices or anything that town can’t account for

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
These are some of the one's I played that WAD/Florida Man hosted:

They'd either qualify as madness or super madness type bastard games.
That would be rolemadness.

Aries

Illustrious
Role madness has always been every player has a role. I mostly consider games where generic roles exist to be light/generic games but you can consider it light role madness if you want.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
Yeah we are role madness. We may have a handful of vanilla players (or sometimes not any) and most players will have a role, some may have 2 etc. we just also try and keep it balanced to the point that playing actual mafia is still the key ingredient to winning and try not to include huge, game swinging devices or anything that town can’t account for
Would you believe me if I said SRM can still be balanced towards that end?

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
The staff position is they won't make an exception for a subsection (which Mafia is). It's really silly yes, my whole tim spent playing Mafia has had to navigate around this issue, I think the discord is probably a decent compromise.
We can bring this up with Bogard over at the proposals section, I see no reason for why we cant have official Mafia collabs with other websites.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
That would be rolemadness.
Yeah that's what I figured. I just wasn't sure if it was considered super role-madness or not. As for my personal definition for vanilla it basically comes down from past games I've played:

- town has zero abilities (no cops, no investigators, no trackers, no watchers, no bodyguards, no doctors, etc...)
- mafia can only do 1 faction kill at night (obviously janitoring kills wouldn't matter when there is no town role that could investigate or ninja kills that hide the actions in the write up, etc...)

Other one is majority of town players don't have roles but a few have power roles but the same restrictions are largely still applied to the mafia team and there aren't any independent or serial killer factions either

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
Yeah that's what I figured. I just wasn't sure if it was considered super role-madness or not.

SRM roles even town have like 3-4 abilities and between 2 to 4 passives. It can even be more honestly. Those games tend to be flashier and more intense atleast mechanically. They are completely different from even regular role madness.
As for my personal definition for vanilla it basically comes down from past games I've played:

- town has zero abilities (no cops, no investigators, no trackers, no watchers, no bodyguards, no doctors, etc...)
- mafia can only do 1 faction kill at night (obviously janitoring kills wouldn't matter when there is no town role that could investigate or ninja kills that hide the actions in the write up, etc...)

Other one is majority of town players don't have roles but a few have power roles but the same restrictions are largely still applied to the mafia team and there aren't any independent or serial killer factions either
Yeah those would be vanilla or light games. Who were you on NF?

Sigismund

I got started in ToS, so ToS abilites and role I consider Vanilla.

Then years later, Aries slaps me with a DM in the OBD to see what Role Madness mafia was in a DBZ mafia game. I was completely useless, fired a couple of abilities and then promptly died.
Thus I have only played RM since. And my playstyle and effectiveness has also stayed the same

Aries

Illustrious
Right now we probably don't have the player base for a separate sub game section but I do think it is possible to run 2 games. Maybe not at the same time but I think we can expirement with one light/generic/light rm game and one srm game

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
I got started in ToS, so ToS abilites and role I consider Vanilla.

Then years later, Aries slaps me with a DM in the OBD to see what Role Madness mafia was in a DBZ mafia game. I was completely useless, fired a couple of abilities and then promptly died.
Thus I have only played RM since. And my playstyle and effectiveness has also stayed the same
Bro you said you only play SRM in my Bleach rolemadness signup lmfao. I need one more player you sure you dont wanna change your mind?

Back