Mafia General Discussion

Aries

Illustrious
Let me narrow my point a bit further.

Show me the members of the "community" here that are:

A) Interested in playing your games/unranked games

and

B) Are suddenly unincentivized to play them by the fact that these games are not considered "ranked" or stat tracked despite years of playing such games and not giving a single shit about that.

The only person that can be identified at this intersection is you. Nobody has paused at the sign ups for a SRM game where there's two cults or whatever and has gone, "Wait a second, this game won't be factored in to my player statistics? Humbuggery! I shall not play!".

This has never happened, it's not going to happen.

I guess you can call it whatever the split whatever the fuck you want but honestly this is dumb. It's not a big deal but also your complaint is invalid. I like the current terminology and prefer it since "standard" doesn't really reflect how these games are perceived and treated by the players involved, but if you want to try and plug this hole so badly go knock yourself out. I'd sooner prioritize just getting games ran and people playing them if I were you though

If you want to keep your circlejerk rankings as is that's fine, on Fanverse and WG you don't need to have the ranked and unranked tag attached to it to know if you sign up it's to be played at your best. You don't seem to get the irony of you having a preference of the way things should be run because of the way they were done on your old board but dumbfounded when someone else has their own preference on how to run things based on how they did it in their old board. It's not that complex mate, now that we have our own little section and sigis and myself are likely going to be over viewing it so why shouldn't I one of the Mafia mods of this section not have a say on the name or a preference on how it should be run?

As of now don't really care about the rank/unranked system which is why I don't want it attached to that sub section. It should be about peeps who want to do those kinds of games which are alternative to what system you guys have in place, you should worry less about if players want to join a game type or not that's not your job it's the hosts job.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
If you want to keep your circlejerk rankings as is that's fine, on Fanverse and WG you don't need to have the ranked and unranked tag attached to it to know if you sign up it's to be played at your best. You don't seem to get the irony of you having a preference of the way things should be run because of the way they were done on your old board but dumbfounded when someone else has their own preference on how to run things based on how they did it in their old board. It's not that complex mate, now that we have our own little section and sigis and myself are likely going to be over viewing it so why shouldn't I one of the Mafia mods of this section not have a say on the name or a preference on how it should be run?

As of now don't really care about the rank/unranked system which is why I don't want it attached to that sub section. It should be about peeps who want to do those kinds of games which are alternative to what system you guys have in place, you should worry less about if players want to join a game type or not that's not your job it's the hosts job.

You are insisting upon your personal preferences being implemented and there is 0 grounding for this in feedback from anybody. I'm not "dumbfounded", that's exactly my point. The concerns you have brought up are just pretense.

The difference here is you are trying to have a say in overriding the name "ranked" over the preference of multiple players. Effective moderation should take into consideration what the player base wants. There is no unranked player base so go ahead and do what you want with that.

But if you want to change the Ranked tag entirely for your own sake, go ahead and justify that. Floor is yours.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
You are insisting upon your personal preferences being implemented and there is 0 grounding for this in feedback from anybody. I'm not "dumbfounded", that's exactly my point. The concerns you have brought up are just pretense.

The difference here is you are trying to have a say in overriding the name "ranked" over the preference of multiple players. Effective moderation should take into consideration what the player base wants. There is no unranked player base so go ahead and do what you want with that.

But if you want to change the Ranked tag entirely for your own sake, go ahead and justify that. Floor is yours.

Why you flustered about it?
He runs the section and wants a better name for it.
Seems fair imh

Grammaton

Consigliere
Whilst apparently not caring about the issue, which leads me to the obvious question of why is any of this even happening

Call the section whatever you like, it doesn’t matter to us lol

Rej

Preeminent
387d71a4e6c2314d90bca7756499d3e11f93f773.gif

I am being ignored
They are debating about how to label their games. Seems they came to a conclusion, but there are some voices against the finalization of this. It's not a drama or anything, just some exchanges.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
my assassination classroom game was perfect ofc

lmao i still dont know y i thought i could host a game all by myself after id only played like 4-5 games :lul
literally made 1 person scum and the rest town and gave everyone roles and whatnot
i remember u asked to check my set-up and i was like "nah" and u were mad after the game ended :hestonpls
It's okay I put an unlimited lie detector in my first game

gotta keep em honest

Poyser

It's okay I put an unlimited lie detector in my first game

gotta keep em honest
Think my first game went ok but my second game involved magic being the last mafia and night killing himself and followed up with a huge rant on why the game sucked :blobfacade

Aries

Illustrious
Cause he wants to change both section names, which you should account for feedback from players in the section that actually plays before doing lol

Lol what, I only asked for my sub section to have its name change as that's my preference. Only reason said standard because we didn't know what to call it if we did have 2 sub sections and wanted poyser to have more wiggle room to do more game types than vanilla. If poyser has a better name then the floor is his as he's gonna be the one that will be taking care of those types of games while Ill be taking care of the alternative one. You guys have made it clear don't like these types of games so why exactly is their any pushback

Aries

Illustrious
:whathekong
They can call their section whatever they want. What are we arguing about here?
Call it Magical Mafia and maybe they can make all the players that didn’t sign up to the previous SRM games appear

Already planting the seeds for the eventual war games Mafia game eh. Raw will always be the flagship show poyser. Your vanilla midget workers can cruiser wait brother for the true main eventers -HH

Magic

Resplendent
Think my first game went ok but my second game involved magic being the last mafia and night killing himself and followed up with a huge rant on why the game sucked :blobfacade

my rants are why we are here today.

yall needed to be told why yall suck at hosting.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Lol what, I only asked for my sub section to have its name change as that's my preference. Only reason said standard because we didn't know what to call it if we did have 2 sub sections and wanted poyser to have more wiggle room to do more game types than vanilla. If poyser has a better name then the floor is his as he's gonna be the one that will be taking care of those types of games while Ill be taking care of the alternative one. You guys have made it clear don't like these types of games so why exactly is their any pushback
I updated it to Role Madness & Alternative Mafia if that's alright.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Excellent thank you that's all I wanted. If peeps want to make games there nice if not it's cool aswell. Rather have the option be available either way
Well now its just Alternative Mafia; anyway ranked and non-ranked games in both Poyser/Ultra's section vs yours and Sigismund's will follow their own standards, their own records, their own processes. Eventually we'll just migrate the "light role-madness" and classical mafia games into one sub-section as well while the main convo thread, rules, ideas, etc...will be the main one.

Back