Mafia General Discussion

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I need a replacement for one player in my game
How long will your game last?

I'm almost done with Bear's at Worstgen, and the Fanverse one just started when I've officially been given more hours. I'm just worried I'll stretch myself too thin or I'd do it in a heartbeat lmao

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Would it be a stupid idea to rename this section to "One Last Mafia" to match the banner at least?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I also added some rules to this section since we don't really have any outside of the generic forum rules.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I also added some rules to this section since we don't really have any outside of the generic forum rules.

Just a heads up
  1. Role Secrecy: Do not reveal your role or share game-related information outside of the game thread, unless your role allows it.
The role revealing part isn't true, most games allow role revealing

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Just a heads up
  1. Role Secrecy: Do not reveal your role or share game-related information outside of the game thread, unless your role allows it.
The role revealing part isn't true, most games allow role revealing
Should I take that one out entirely or rephrase it a bit? I feel as if that part takes inside and outside game role-reveal into account, so that could easily add to the confusion.

Ratchet

Should I take that one out entirely or rephrase it a bit? I feel as if that part takes inside and outside game role-reveal into account, so that could easily add to the confusion.
Reword it to mention out of thread communication, which also includes talking about the game.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Reword it to mention out of thread communication, which also includes talking about the game.
How would you reword it?

For reference, this is the current wording as of this post:

Role Secrecy: Do not reveal your role or share game-related information outside of the game thread, unless your role allows it.

I thought about chopping the last part up, and simply putting "unless the game host allows it". Even though @Ultra stated that most games allow for role revealing, future games and hosts may not allow for it, so we should leave that option on the table to allow some flexibility.

Ratchet

How would you reword it?

For reference, this is the current wording as of this post:

Role Secrecy: Do not reveal your role or share game-related information outside of the game thread, unless your role allows it.

I thought about chopping the last part up, and simply putting "unless the game host allows it". Even though @Ultra stated that most games allow for role revealing, future games and hosts may not allow for it, so we should leave that option on the table to allow some flexibility.
Out of Game Communication - Do not reference or discuss an ongoing game outside of the game thread, unless given explicit permission otherwise.

The role revealing thing is a separate consideration entirely, and has everything to do with following the rules set by the host for the specific game. That can be summed up with a note to make sure that you read the rules of the game outlined by the host, and follow them.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Out of Game Communication - Do not reference or discuss an ongoing game outside of the game thread, unless given explicit permission otherwise.

The role revealing thing is a separate consideration entirely, and has everything to do with following the rules set by the host for the specific game. That can be summed up with a note to make sure that you read the rules of the game outlined by the host, and follow them.
I updated the rules with your proposed change, and I also rearranged them a bit.

How about the "No Ghosting" rule, do any of the other rules cover that part already or does it need more clarification?

Ratchet

How about the "No Ghosting" rule, do any of the other rules cover that part already or does it need more clarification?
The first part is covered by out of game communication, I'd also specify in "out of game communication" that "all discussion should be in the specific game threads unless otherwise stated", as just forum could imply discussion threads here for example which obviously isn't ideal.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
The first part is covered by out of game communication, I'd also specify in "out of game communication" that "all discussion should be in the specific game threads unless otherwise stated", as just forum could imply discussion threads here for example which obviously isn't ideal.
I removed the Ghosting rule entirely since game communication covers it for the most part.

Number 6 now looks like this after your added suggestion:

Out-of-Game Communication: Please refrain from referencing or discussing an ongoing game outside of the designated game thread. All discussions should take place within the specific game threads unless otherwise specified.

If it's still not up to part, feel free to reword it as you see fit.

Rej

Preeminent
I have to shamelessly plug my game here again, as I am struggling to fill it.
if anyone is willing to play, you are hereby invited!

Back