• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

MCU discussion thread: The beginning of the Endgame edition.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Neither of those were franchise killing

DCEU has consistently been having better movies than MCU now, and I think it started with Aquaman
L M fucking AO.

One of if not the worst DCEU movie got released after Aquaman. Wonder Woman 1984. I had the misfortune of watching it around Christmas since my family already had HBO Max so it was no loss for us to check it out. And it was godawful. So if you want to say the DCEU made consistently better movies than the MCU Aquaman onwards you had to have wiped that movie from your memory.

I also remember hearing Birds of Prey was shit. So that's at least two recent movies showing the DCEU's lack of consistency.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
L M fucking AO.

One of if not the worst DCEU movie got released after Aquaman. Wonder Woman 1984. I had the misfortune of watching it around Christmas since my family already had HBO Max so it was no loss for us to check it out. And it was godawful. So if you want to say the DCEU made consistently better movies than the MCU Aquaman onwards you had to have wiped that movie from your memory.

I also remember hearing Birds of Prey was shit. So that's at least two recent movies showing the DCEU's lack of consistency.
Aquaman, Shazam and Snyder Cut were not bad films at all

so that’s 3 > 2

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Wait

the James Gunn suicide squad was absolute garbage (I’m so glad Pete Davidson got me to watch it for free lmao)

And I forgot the new Batman was good

so 4 vs 3 then

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Aquaman, Shazam and Snyder Cut were not bad films at all

so that’s 3 > 2
Wait

the James Gunn suicide squad was absolute garbage (I’m so glad Pete Davidson got me to watch it for free lmao)

And I forgot the new Batman was good

so 4 vs 3 then
Okay???

I don't really care when the MCU's lows still aren't anywhere near as low as the DCEUs. If forced to rewatch I would watch Thor Dark World, Iron Man 2, or heck even Black Widow multiple times before watching Justice League, The original Suicide Squad or WW84 even one more time.

Also The Batman isn't part of the DCEU dude. It's a DC movie but it ain't connected in any way to the ones in the DCEU. So counting it (or the Joker movie for that matter) in the DCEU's favor would be like counting Into the Spider-Verse or Logan in the MCU's favor.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
You were the one who asked about the consistency of the movies, not me dude

I don't really care when the MCU's lows still aren't anywhere near as low as the DCEUs. If forced to rewatch I would watch Thor Dark World, Iron Man 2, or heck even Black Widow multiple times before watching Justice League, The original Suicide Squad or WW84 even one more time.
Black Widow is worse than all of them

Also The Batman isn't part of the DCEU dude. It's a DC movie but it ain't connected in any way to the ones in the DCEU. So counting it (or the Joker movie for that matter) in the DCEU's favor would be like counting Into the Spider-Verse or Logan in the MCU's favor.
Pretty sure they just replaced the actors

even if it’s not, so what? If you’re including everything you’d have to include Morbius for MCU

and it pretty much is, Morbius had fucking Vulture from Homecoming dragged into the movie

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
You were the one who asked about the consistency of the movies, not me dude
No, you started the whole consistency conversation yourself dude. You first said DCEU was making consistently better movies than the MCU post-aquaman.

And may I ask what is the 3rd recent bad MCU movie you're counting anyway? I remember Black Widow and Eternals getting lambasted. And Shang Chi being seen as pretty good generally.

So the actual count would be more like 3 DCEU 2 MCU, unless there's something i'm missing.
Black Widow is worse than all of them
Lol no. It was boring bad. Not cringe in your seat bad. No scene in Black Widow is on the level of "MARTHA? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?". Taskmaster and the other villain was boring, not embarrassing like Lex fucking Luthor awkwardly jamming a jolly rancher in a guy's mouth. And none of the effects in recent MCU movies can compare to the shittiness of Doomsday in BvS or Superman's mouth in Justice League, or that one awful running sequence in WW84.
Pretty sure they just replaced the actors
Nope.
even if it’s not, so what? If you’re including everything you’d have to include Morbius for MCU

and it pretty much is, Morbius had fucking Vulture from Homecoming dragged into the movie
Nah, it's the opposite. You exclude anything that's not under the MCU or DCEU label for either franchise. Nothing else makes sense.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
No, you started the whole consistency conversation yourself dude. You first said DCEU was making consistently better movies than the MCU post-aquaman.
I said they were consistently better, I didn’t ask about it’s consistency

you questioned it and I gave you an answer

And may I ask what is the 3rd recent bad MCU movie you're counting anyway? I remember Black Widow and Eternals getting lambasted. And Shang Chi being seen as pretty good generally.
What

when I said 4 vs 3

I meant 4 (good DC movies) vs 3 (bad DC movies)

Also why are you taking what the general public thinks about a movie? Actually watch it yourself and think if it’s good or bad, don’t let anyone form your own opinions

Lol no. It was boring bad. Not cringe in your seat bad. No scene in Black Widow is on the level of "MARTHA? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?". Taskmaster and the other villain was boring, not embarrassing like Lex fucking Luthor awkwardly jamming a jolly rancher in a guy's mouth. And none of the effects in recent MCU movies can compare to the shittiness of Doomsday in BvS or Superman's mouth in Justice League, or that one awful running sequence in WW84.
You sure 😬

Ok??????

:maybe

Nah, it's the opposite. You exclude anything that's not under the MCU or DCEU label for either franchise. Nothing else makes sense.
and that’s totally fine

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
I said they were consistently better, I didn’t ask about it’s consistency

you questioned it and I gave you an answer
Not even gonna bother with this pointless "who started it" tangent anymore.
What

when I said 4 vs 3

I meant 4 (good DC movies) vs 3 (bad DC movies)
Ok. Than from the time Aquaman released (December 2018) to now. There's been at least four good-great MCU movies (Endgame, Far From Home, Shang Chi, No Way Home). And 3 mediocre-bad movies (Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Eternals). So since The Batman isn't part of the DCEU that's 4 to 3 vs 3 to 3.
Also why are you taking what the general public thinks about a movie? Actually watch it yourself and think if it’s good or bad, don’t let anyone form your own opinions
I did watch Shang Chi and enjoyed.

0:31 to 0:40

You can literally FEEL the green screen.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
btw

why this turned into an mcu vs dceu wank quality comparison?

the answer is simple

both mcu and dceu are terrible compared with non capped genre movies from 90's/00's

chill

don't waste time with them

mcu and dceu are arguably the main reasons actually we ain't getting anymore, good movies in the action/fantasy/comedy/mystery genre

smh

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
mcu and dceu are arguably the main reasons actually we ain't getting anymore, good movies in the action/fantasy/comedy/mystery genre

smh
Scorsese was right

39f

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
This is just arguing for the fucking bottom at this point...
This is how badly the MCU is doing thread, not which is worse between the DCEU and MCU.

Not really.

In the scope of "cinematic universes" where a bunch of characters cross over and shit most fail to even get off the ground. Remember the Dark Universe? Yeah, me neither. Or there's examples like Star Wars or Harry Potter where they just start as their own thing but get spun into cinematic universes with increasingly bad entries as they go on (we all know how shitty Modern Star Wars is of course, and the Wizarding World seems to have sputtered out entirely with the most recent Fantastic Beasts movie selling the worst out of any of them).

So even if the MCU isn't at it's absolute peak right now, you still have to underscore how impressive it getting as far as it has gotten really is.

There's been no absolute implosion of quality or point of no return as of yet. I'm still very excited for Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness among other MCU projects and that's more than I can say for the other Cinematic Universes.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
And hey you can argue the cinematic universe concept itself is flawed and results in formulas being reused and run into the ground.

But I just don't subscribe to the notion that the MCU is "ruining movies". If a genuinely fantastic movie comes out (Everything Everywhere All at Once for a recent example and it came from an indie studio) people will still watch it.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
But I just don't subscribe to the notion that the MCU is "ruining movies". If a genuinely great movie comes out (Everything Everywhere All at Once for a recent example) people will still watch it.
I agree, l feel like the ‘oversaturation’ of the MCU and DCEU is less because of MCU/DCEU. But more about the COVID and lockdown making people not go to theaters. Like there was a James Bond movie recently.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Yhis everything has to be force quips and generic as shit that makes a c tier 80s flick look good in comparison

Back