MMA/Combat Sports Discussion

Delta Shell

Preeminent
Post here about MMA and Combat Sports. Include Boxing, Martial Arts, Wrestling whatever you want unless you want them to have their own thread.

So, anyone watch the last UFC or any other recent fights?

What's your favourite fights of all time across all combat sports?

Does anyone practice any combat sports or martial arts, what's your background/experience?

Leng

Illustrious
I did see Joshua vs Usyk (boxing), not sure if Joshua can avenge that loss. It's possible his aggressive style could work, but he's probably worried about a repeat of the first time out with Ruiz. Not impossible but maybe a tougher loss to avenge.

I like not having too many undefeated fighters though, it gets dull as that becomes too much of a focus.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I did see Joshua vs Usyk (boxing), not sure if Joshua can avenge that loss. It's possible his aggressive style could work, but he's probably worried about a repeat of the first time out with Ruiz. Not impossible but maybe a tougher loss to avenge.

I like not having too many undefeated fighters though, it gets dull as that becomes too much of a focus.
Agreed. Undefeated because they pick and choose and time things when they're old etc isn't fun or exciting to watch.

Joshua tried to box Uszk which turned out to be the wrong game plan. If they rematch he might do better just putting size back on and bullying him. Fury would have eaten him alive by that account though.

Leng

Illustrious
Agreed. Undefeated because they pick and choose and time things when they're old etc isn't fun or exciting to watch.

Joshua tried to box Uszk which turned out to be the wrong game plan. If they rematch he might do better just putting size back on and bullying him. Fury would have eaten him alive by that account though.
I remember Cunningham dropping Fury and then he shifted tactics. Not the most satisfying thing to watch but it does seem to work. I think Usyk might fare better against that but hard to say.

Who do you pick on Wilder vs Fury 3? I wouldn't write Wilder off but the last one felt very conclusive.

Jesse Pinkman

Preeminent
I havent been watching UFC lately , Francis Ngannou i deeply admire he is one of the best mma fighter right now .

Connor unfortunately has taken nose dive in my book . I dunno whatever happened to him maybe time to change his PR image . He cant act like bad boy for his age when he has kids watching him .

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I remember Cunningham dropping Fury and then he shifted tactics. Not the most satisfying thing to watch but it does seem to work. I think Usyk might fare better against that but hard to say.

Who do you pick on Wilder vs Fury 3? I wouldn't write Wilder off but the last one felt very conclusive.
I don't rule WIlder out. I think he's a clown for WEARING THE OUTFIT AGAIN though. He's literally already setting up his excuse for losing. Of which he had all manner of insane ones for the second loss.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I havent been watching UFC lately , Francis Ngannou i deeply admire he is one of the best mma fighter right now .

Connor unfortunately has taken nose dive in my book . I dunno whatever happened to him maybe time to change his PR image . He cant act like bad boy for his age when he has kids watching him .
Connor been balancing the tightrope between controversy sells/Actual mental illness for a while now tbh.

YER WOIFE WAS IN ME DEEE EMMMZZZZ

EagleGSU

Illustrious
I just wanna see Jon Jones at heavy weight. I feel like I've been waiting nearly a decade to see him there. But no denying the guy has serious issues.

Also ready for another Fury super fight. He's by far my favorite boxer. Love his style.

Canelo vs Plant should be good too. But hard for me to see Canelo losing.

I just wanna see Jon Jones at heavy weight. I feel like I've been waiting nearly a decade to see him there. But no denying the guy has serious issues.
it really is taking too long, then we have the external drama surrounding him when i just want to see how jones does at heavyweight

Also ready for another Fury super fight. He's by far my favorite boxer. Love his style.
fury is great but i am not interested in another wilder fight

Back