New Years Resolutions

Maddie

Acclaimed
1. I rapidly gained weight from 146 to 165 lb from late october to now, I need to get back down, wanna reach 140 by mid March
2. Work out on my legs and lower body again, be able to run a mile and do squats/lunges/etc for prolonged periods of time
3. Set up a schedule to limit computer/internet time through shutting off my computer/at least its internet at certain time intervals

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
I don't make resolutions per se, but I do need to sort my life out.

I need to exercise more. Maybe I'll do something productive for a change, or at least creative. Perhaps I'll start writing again.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
1). Proceed with global saturation
2). Accidentally saturate myself in the process
3). Maybe go back for my Master's
4). Work towards team lead after my upcoming promotion to Software QA at work
5). Create some cool forum add-ons
6). Get my ISTQB cert
7). Prepare to buy a house with all your precious donations by 2023
8). Some other shit I'm probably forgetting on purpose
9). Get my drivers license

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Those are in no particular order btw, but they will all get done in a timely fashion as I give my brain, body, and soul no break whatsoever. Why? Because as soon as I start to slack off, I'll grow bored, depressed, and then start to become neglectful. My brain has to be working round the clock because that's how it operates and is able to evolve :naruramen

1.) Finish the sequel to my self-published novel
2.) Drop weight and get back in shape.
3.) Try to push myself to read 50 novels/comics/graphic novels over the course of the year, need to up my reading game.
4.) Reduce screen time and try to get back into some of my other hobbies again.

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
There's a social energy if you will around resolutions that are like diets. That they can be easily be dropped and forgotten.

Nobody will ever finish these cause what they say is often empty words to make themselves feel better about the upcoming year. A successful resolution is like a successful diet, a permanent lifestyle change.

I don't make resolutions. When I want something done I make the lifestyle change to do it when I'm ready to do it.

This year will be me thinking about how to get out of shitty low end work and exploring several options to make a comfortable salary. Most of them will be without college since that's mostly a scam in the US but I may consider that when I'm older when I have funds to pay for it myself.

People lament being older than 19 in college but really, it makes much more sense to go there with some tangible life experience and an actual idea of what you want to do.
Better than doing it to please parents or because it's "just how things work".

Back