Announcement Newbies: how can we make you keep coming back?

More activity in some of the other sections? I check back multiple times a week and I'll see my same thread with no new replies as the newest activity in some of the sections.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
More activity in some of the other sections? I check back multiple times a week and I'll see my same thread with no new replies as the newest activity in some of the sections.
I'll be sure to shitpost in your threads to show some love :supercat

Bump

Lurking
V.I.P. Member

I agree and even the threads that make you update your life like currently listing too, watching , reading etc always an easy way for a new member to get his/her feet wet before going into a deep discussion post

Even helps members lurkng in and out to contribute and creates easy way to express yourself for other members to see you likes and dislikes

Simple answer lol have entertaing posts that creates discussion but easier said than done

Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
This still haunts me btw

It's a look that makes guests dubious

Mafia is a high intensity section so if a guest goes and lurks there, when they see in game spats and people aggressively mouthing off to one another or even flaming (if it isn't removed promptly or have an administrative note placed on it as a caution) they're going to judge OLF by that

Right now, from guests, the site looks like it's only for two cliques that are relevant to niche hobbies (battlesome and text based Mafia)
We see beyond all of the bitter interactions - I can call Ekko a shithead lovingly but they're only going to see the shithead part
It paints an impression the site has no mission past maintaining the current activity the highest traffic sections do and the some purpose is to harbor specific groups of people instead

Would you agree?

I think the staff is all on the same page but I'll double-check - there needs to be an overhaul at this point, many sections that aren't just making the cut can either be converted into prefixes and moved into the main section or just be removed entirely for now, it's way past time for that so I'll be setting aside at least an hour to come up with a thread announcing what the restructure is going to look like
There's also going to be two new sections added aswell to depart from the "no other man's island" appearance I think we may be currently giving off

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
This still haunts me btw

It's a look that makes guests dubious

Mafia is a high intensity section so if a guest goes and lurks there, when they see in game spats and people aggressively mouthing off to one another or even flaming (if it isn't removed promptly or have an administrative note placed on it as a caution) they're going to judge OLF by that

Right now, from guests, the site looks like it's only for two cliques that are relevant to niche hobbies (battlesome and text based Mafia)
We see beyond all of the bitter interactions - I can call Ekko a shithead lovingly but they're only going to see the shithead part
It paints an impression the site has no mission past maintaining the current activity the highest traffic sections do and the some purpose is to harbor specific groups of people instead

Would you agree?

I think the staff is all on the same page but I'll double-check - there needs to be an overhaul at this point, many sections that aren't just making the cut can either be converted into prefixes and moved into the main section or just be removed entirely for now, it's way past time for that so I'll be setting aside at least an hour to come up with a thread announcing what the restructure is going to look like
There's also going to be two new sections added aswell to depart from the "no other man's island" appearance I think we may be currently giving off
Fortunately, censorship is enabled for guests, and it gets disabled as soon as they register lol all they're going to see is a bunch of ***** and ** ***** * ** * ** * *********'s from the outside :maybe

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Fortunately, censorship is enabled for guests, and it gets disabled as soon as they register lol all they're going to see is a bunch of ***** and ** ***** * ** * ** * *********'s from the outside :maybe

• Shocked

Luka

Polarized Noob
This is probably both the most high skill and intensive forum I’ve seen to say the least ^^. For newcomers trying to get into the game or as you mentioned people seeing the forum for the first time, it can’t be great but I don’t think there’s anything that can be done. The most that can probably be done is just “don’t be rude”!

• Agree

Luka

Polarized Noob
This is probably both the most high skill and intensive forum I’ve seen to say the least ^^. For newcomers trying to get into the game or as you mentioned people seeing the forum for the first time, it can’t be great but I don’t think there’s anything that can be done. The most that can probably be done is just “don’t be rude”!
Most people on the forum are really nice, don’t get me wrong! But from an outsiders perspective presuming they hop in at the wrong moment it can appear icky.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Unfortunately yeah, that's what I thought

This is actually why Unranked is still there - I was gonna find a way to use it and have it be stricter toward that level of hostility along the way, but I just haven't had the time to not just watch it rot in front of my eyes

I was also considering adding a prefix tag for "coached" Mafia which would feature extremely small setups that are for learning purposes so if there are people interested but are not quite sure where to go, they can dip their feet in the water with this instead
No such instances would occur in a simulation and once someone feels comfortable enough, they can stay within Unranked games if they wish

I think it's time to at least try my original plan at the very least, I just get busy and backburn alot of this stuff

Back