Mafia Training Simulation Newbies' Mafia 1 - Signups Thread (4/9)

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

• ONGOING GAME NAME
    SMALL GAME BANNER (provided by Watson)

! It is now night phase. Please send in your actions @HOST within 24 hours.

COUNTDOWN UNTIL DAYPHASE: COUNTDOWN LINK

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
I plan to host this some time after Christmas Mafia ends, unless it fills up really quickly. I hope this to be an introduction to Mafia for some players who are more familiar with the other sections of this site.

What is Mafia? Basic Rules
  • Put simply, Mafia is a game where an uninformed majority (called the Town) try to identify and vote out an informed minority (called the Mafia). This means the Mafia know who else is Mafia, but the Town don't know who else is Town. The Mafia is trying to stop Town from voting them out by killing members of the Town.
  • There are two basic phases: Day and Night. After a Night finishes, the next Day begins, and so on until the end.
  • Day is when the discussion happens. Everyone gets together in the thread, and has some time to debate, and vote who they think is Mafia. if someone reaches a majority of the vote, they are eliminated and become dead (this is traditionally called the "lynch", but some communities dislike this term due to its racial history. OLF is not one of these communities, so saying that is fine).
  • During Night, no discussion happens in the thread. Mafia will choose between them a player to kill. The chosen player will die on that Night.
  • Some players have special roles, which allow them to perform a certain action, usually at Night.
  • Players' true identities will be revealed after they die.
  • Mafia will have a separate chat that they can use at any time, even at night.
This Game

This game will use the semi-open "NewD3" setup. For more detailed information on this setup, see here, but I will try to explain.

Before the game begins, I will use random dice rolls to decide one row 1-3 and one column A-C from the table below. These will be used to determine three of the roles involved in the game: 2 Town roles and 1 Mafia role. 1 of the other roles will be a Mafia Goon. The other five will be Vanilla Townies.

Column A
Roleblocker
Column B
Role Cop
Column C
Goon
Row 1Cop
Doctor
Tracker
Friendly Neighbour
Cop
Vanilla Townie
Row 2Jailkeeper
Tracker
Jailkeeper
Friendly Neighbour
Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Row 3Mason
Mason
Tracker
Doctor
Mason
Mason

A quick explanation of what those roles do.
  • Vanilla Townie - A member of the Town with no special role.
  • Goon - A member of the Mafia with no special role.
  • Cop - Target a player each Night; you will be informed whether or not your target is part of the Mafia.
  • Doctor - Target a player each Night; your target cannot be killed that Night.
  • Jailkeeper - Target a player each Night; your target cannot be killed that Night, but they will be prevented from performing their action.
  • Tracker - Target a player each Night; you will be informed whom your target visited, if any, but not what they did.
  • Friendly Neighbour - Target a player each Night; your target will be told that you are part of the Town.
  • Mason - There are two Masons. They will have a chat that they can use together, even at Night. The Masons can always trust that each other are Town.
  • Roleblocker - Target a player each Night; your target will be prevented from performing their action that Night.
  • Role Cop - Target a player each Night; you will be informed what your target's role is.

No roles that are not in the table will appear in this game.

Help

I am willing to answer any hypothetical regarding the mechanics of this game. I will not explicitly identify members' alignment unless that is your role, but I will provide a few nudges on certain subtleties of the game.

If you have any questions about how this setup works, please ask.

Player List

This game is intended to include 9 (nine) players. Signup will be open, initially, to players who have never played Mafia before, and most players will be newbies.

Feel free to sign up if you have never played before.
  1. Ruffles
  2. Ral
  3. Cubey
  4. Luka
  5. TBD
  6. TBD
  7. TBD
  8. TBD
  9. TBD

Last edited:

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
You should do a separate game with extra players used as coaches that an in-game player can seek advice from. Perfect way to handhold initially until new players like myself get more comfortable with the rules, roles, phases, how to spot a wolf in sheeps clothing, etc.

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
You should do a separate game with extra players used as coaches that an in-game player can seek advice from. Perfect way to handhold initially until new players like myself get more comfortable with the rules, roles, phases, how to spot a wolf in sheeps clothing, etc.
Good idea, that's the second newbie game

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I know I said I wouldn't sign up for another Mafia game after this current one, but why not? I need to know more about Mafioso in order to create THE ULTIMATE MAFIOSO ADDON for this forum!

Luka

Polarized Noob
DM does this
Make it so the “mentors” can’t give reads as town tho since otherwise new players can just become Chanel’s for newbies

Reactions: Ral

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
sounds interesting, so how do u play mafia? is it like among us? i loved playing that with my little brother, we do tasks and shit yeah?

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
sign if host allows me to
If not oh well

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.png

Back