Mafia Training Simulation Newbies' Mafia 1 - Signups Thread (4/9)

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

• ONGOING GAME NAME
    SMALL GAME BANNER (provided by Watson)

! It is now night phase. Please send in your actions @HOST within 24 hours.

COUNTDOWN UNTIL DAYPHASE: COUNTDOWN LINK

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ ☝️
In this version of Mafia, coaches guide you through a basic setup. Tips for solving, clarifying game aspects, and advice on moves are available upon request.
:tiredpepe

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Yeah at this point I'm not expecting this game to go ahead :francis:

Doesn't matter I guess
I get you, which is why expectations should change here instead of rolling over and giving up. Let's backburn this one for now.

Here's what I think we can do:

—Instead, I'll host a very small game before this one launches. You can co-host alongside me.
—I'll go ask some experienced players if they'd be willing to coach players like Ral and Luka and sign up for a small trial simulation to guide them.
—If we only get 3-4 inexperienced newbies, c'est la vie. I honestly think 7 max would be ideal to get the show on the road faster to see what the future holds.
—Start 'em off with a Mountainess setup, then we can dive into mech next time if this takes flight.

I'm gonna start condtructing the setup and roles tomorrow.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
So I guess everyone wants to do that idea instead?
It's not that, it's unrealistic

I'd love for this to be a reality but we simply don't have enough engagement or members that are willing to dip their toes in the water

So it kind of makes it harder for signups to be completed in a timely manner where it doesn't take forever or just get forgotten about

We just don't have enough newbies period to have this game be the first one. I don't want you thinking this is is reflection on you specifically, OLF is still small compared to other places.

RDK

Marvelous
I get you, which is why expectations should change here instead of rolling over and giving up. Let's backburn this one for now.

Here's what I think we can do:
—Instead, I'll host a very small game before this one launches. You can co-host alongside me.​
—I'll go ask some experienced players if they'd be willing to coach players like Ral and Luka and sign up for a small trial simulation to guide them.​
—If we only get 3-4 inexperienced newbies, c'est la vie. I honestly think 7 max would be ideal to get the show on the road faster to see what the future holds.​
—Start 'em off with a Mountainess setup, then we can dive into mech next time if this takes flight.​

I'm gonna start condtructing the setup and roles tomorrow.
I thought Luka had played for ages

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
We need some more coaches! Even if it's just two newbies, that's fine. We take our time with this. Fi fees crossed this gets picked up and newbies can follow suit

Luka

Polarized Noob
Personally, I have an idea. We want to teach the newer, less expeirenced players how to play. How about Magic, Ultra, Aurelian, Ratchet, Watson, and Flower join for a healthy and good newcomer experience, where all players have equal skill level.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Personally, I have an idea. We want to teach the newer, less expeirenced players how to play. How about Magic, Ultra, Aurelian, Ratchet, Watson, and Flower join for a healthy and good newcomer experience, where all players have equal skill level.
That's in the sticky I made for player simulation actually! Sky wanted to do it a tad differently but yeah, for this setup, 4 newbies is acceptable

Poy said the setup was fine, the numbers need tweaking

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
There's too many experienced players that outbumber the newbies, so that's the workaround we will do

Back