• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #10: Spirit Never Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like they're ignoring absolutely everyone from Harry Potter, and focusing on either obscure or unknown characters. That gives them freedom to do whatever, and it seems to be an outright war against goblins. Fuck yeah. Goblin slaying time.

The ONLY I may not feel for when it comes to that?
The fact that SB is gonna WANK THE FUCK OUT OF THE SERIES because of this game.
God fucking help us they will try and scale this to the HP Wizards we know despite the game not even taking place in the timeframe Voldemort, Grindelwand or Dumbledore was even BORN.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
The ONLY I may not feel for when it comes to that?
The fact that SB is gonna WANK THE FUCK OUT OF THE SERIES because of this game.
God fucking help us they will try and scale this to the HP Wizards we know despite the game not even taking place in the timeframe Voldemort, Grindelwand or Dumbledore was even BORN.
They even mention how the main character has access to some ancient magic akin to Merlin. So, any scaling would be impossible. He literally skips to fifth year right way. Guy is speed running Hogwarts, and has talent up the ass.

They even mention how the main character has access to some ancient magic akin to Merlin. So, any scaling would be impossible. He literally skips to fifth year right way. Guy is speed running Hogwarts, and has talent up the ass.

I know that, the trailer literally states you create magic that not even the Teachers know about... you think that SB has intelligence enough to actually piece that together?

The people of SB can't even tie their goddamned shoes together without believing that someone else must have did it.
They are absolutely going to try and force the OC's spells, techniques and abilities to somehow tie to everyone else in the Wizarding World despite being the literal equivalent to their fucking Merlin and is ultimately going to be above everyone in the setting by leaps and bounds.

They would try to hand-wave it somehow.

Basically. That's all they know how to do and it looks stupid every time they do it, especially when it explicitly states otherwise pointblank.
Remember, they ride on the The Almighty wank despite even in series, the shit is limited and nowhere near as OP as they love saying it is but then insult you if you dare point out something with lots of proof because "it doesn't make sense to them".
Hell, they do that precise thing with Harry Potter even before this game came out and assume so much shit of how the Magic actually works and how strong and fast it is despite being consistently limited story and lore-wise.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Chad Year Skipper with the power of Zeus vs. Voldemort.

Fight only lasts five seconds before he fucking impales him on a sword, and then hits him with a lightning bolt. He goes full psionic, and fucking smashes him onto the ground and into shit like he's a ping pong ball.

Es_

Straight Silver
He made a thread with Solar vs Accelerator and because I couldn't find the actual feats because all the links were broken in the respect thread at the time, they didn't believe me when I said Solar would just step outside of time and punt this mans head off
He would fuck himself up simply trying to injure Solar

sir_fire

Distinguished
First duel he has and he almost murders the guy despite having zero experience under his belt. The kid is a monster, and doesn't even hesitate to use lethal force. Sigma up the ass. He is about to commit goblin genocide. I bet that will be the explanation as to why we barely see them.
Unbelievable, Harry Potter actually being based? This sounds too good to be true.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
@CrossTheHorizon

Our boy Thop was actually a genius at sorcery, and created a spell worthy of a conspectus. A conspectus is a person like Azur or Lusat, and Rennala prior to her autism. If he had been allowed to flourish he would have created a new branch and house of sorcery.

mP6n8oG.png

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@CrossTheHorizon

Our boy Thop was actually a genius at sorcery, and created a spell worthy of a conspectus. A conspectus is a person like Azur or Lusat, and Rennala prior to her autism. If he had been allowed to flourish he would have created a new branch and house of sorcery.

mP6n8oG.png

Excuse me, I'm off to find out if the Dung Eater has any ways to make his curse worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back