• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #10: Spirit Never Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_fire

Distinguished
FOmM9WaVkAM1O7A
Zeke "Kill the Nut with a Cut", "Use the peen, I'll throw you in a bin", "Don't be in heat, or mince meat", "Reproduction Exterminator" Jaeger

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Drew another picture.

export-2.png

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Just saw it there. Actually bit the bullet and bought WWE network for a month just so I could see it. Surprised Austin actually took a suplex bump on concrete, but hey, if this is going to be made his last match, fuck it, he goes out on a win, and got me interested in wrestling again for a brief moment. Last time I gave a proper shit, outside anything cowboy Brock does, was when Taker had his match with AJ at Mania.

:mjlol

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Drew another picture.

export-2.png
Nice perspective shot
Good work on shadows
Hands looks non existent. Hands are usually hard to draw so practice on that.
also your sig is a bit to big.

good first piece tho. Keep at it and you’ll become better.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I mean though her comment is retarded given who she played, it is still kind of a problem with a lot manga/anime, in particularly shounen.

Rosario + Vampire, Claymore, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and now Ghost Reaper Girl exist sure but they're exceptions and not really the rule.

Last edited:

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I mean though her comment is retarded given who she played, it is still kind of a problem with a lot manga/anime, in particularly shounen.

Rosario + Vampire, Claymore, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and now Ghost Reaper Girl exist sure but their exceptions and not really the rule.
Yeah but on other hand pretty much everyone is throw away into the background and MC is the one that steal the show

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah but on other hand pretty much everyone is throw away into the background and MC is the one that steal the show
Well yeah, obviously but in most cases there are at least a few characters (other than the MC) that get a lot of shine. I was merely pointing out that most of the time few, if any, of those characters tend to be female outside of a few exceptions.

So while you could certainly say most characters, regardless of gender, don't get treated well in Shounen, it's kind of undeniable that female characters tend to get an even shorter end of that stick.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Damn. I had no idea Austin was coming back for an actual match. I thought it was just gonna be a glorified fight segment. Anyone got it on hand?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Damn. I had no idea Austin was coming back for an actual match. I thought it was just gonna be a glorified fight segment. Anyone got it on hand?
As I said, I watched it on the network. For a 57 year-old-man Austin showed he still had something left, and the buildup beforehand where he was talking to KO was fun to watch too. You can totally see why that was the main event of night 1 for sure.

:mjlol And don't worry, I'm sure some mad lad will put the whole thing up on YouTube at some point. You just gotta be on the ball getting to watch it before it gets taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back