• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #10: Spirit Never Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
As I said, I watched it on the network. For a 57 year-old-man Austin showed he still had something left, and the buildup beforehand where he was talking to KO was fun to watch too. You can totally see why that was the main event of night 1 for sure.

:mjlol And don't worry, I'm sure some mad lad will put the whole thing up on YouTube at some point. You just gotta be on the ball getting to watch it before it gets taken down.

Here it is. It was painful to watch at times because Austin obviously doesn't have what he used to. He was gassed and it showed, especially at the start, which is why I didn't want Austin to come back. But for 57, Austin moved and looked well. He made the most of it.

The promo segment before did its job but I have to admit, even with Austin, WWE's scripting really, really shows compared to AEW which actually just lets their wrestlers talk. It holds the show back so much.

I'm going to give Austin so much credit for taking some of those bumps, especially the turnbuckle and the fall on the concrete, and the suplexes on the stage (he was the "giver," but still obviously had to fall on his back). Kevin Owens did what he needed to do and made sure the match stuck together too. Compared to many "old timer" matches, it was good. Austin as always kept the crowd in the palm of his hand with all the beer spots.

More excitement than almost all of WWE you'd find these days.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Going for an Italian look.

Cyberpunk_2077_C_2020_by_CD_Projekt_RED_4_3_2022_11_00_28_AM.png
Why the fuck are pronouns here?

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Somebody complained about it, and CD Projekt caved. Kinda like how Elden Ring has Body Type A and B instead of Male or Female.
Wait EL won't even use male and female anymore despite blood types not even always being the same for both genders? :whutpepe

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Wait EL won't even use male and female anymore despite blood types not even always being the same for both genders? :whutpepe
It was like that at the start, but the localization I feel has a few woke moments. It might be different in other languages. For example, other translations of Finlay's profile has her fighting Radahn to death. Never giving up until the bitter end. Whereas other translations has it so she saved Malenia, and brought her back to the Haligtree.

I suspect somebody wanted to encourage lesbo shipping, and that's why. Depends on which translation is accurate.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Here it is. It was painful to watch at times because Austin obviously doesn't have what he used to. He was gassed and it showed, especially at the start, which is why I didn't want Austin to come back. But for 57, Austin moved and looked well. He made the most of it.

The promo segment before did its job but I have to admit, even with Austin, WWE's scripting really, really shows compared to AEW which actually just lets their wrestlers talk. It holds the show back so much.

I'm going to give Austin so much credit for taking some of those bumps, especially the turnbuckle and the fall on the concrete, and the suplexes on the stage (he was the "giver," but still obviously had to fall on his back). Kevin Owens did what he needed to do and made sure the match stuck together too. Compared to many "old timer" matches, it was good. Austin as always kept the crowd in the palm of his hand with all the beer spots.

More excitement than almost all of WWE you'd find these days.

And it still ends up being better than AEW in my opinion. At least I could stand to watch this and be entertained. Couldn't stand even five minutes of that show before I said "fuck this." :mjlol

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Well yeah, obviously but in most cases there are at least a few characters (other than the MC) that get a lot of shine. I was merely pointing out that most of the time few, if any, of those characters tend to be female outside of a few exceptions.

So while you could certainly say most characters, regardless of gender, don't get treated well in Shounen, it's kind of undeniable that female characters tend to get an even shorter end of that stick.
well the demographic is for male under 18. so that tends to happen.

Sad thing is shoujo writer isn't as good as most shounen writer but that's usually where strong female character crops up and male character get sent to the background.

Example Sailormoon and tuxedomask. Dude is a doormat except for few good showing.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
well the demographic is for male under 18. so that tends to happen.
I don't think we necessarily need strong female rep in shounen all that much to begin with, seeing as shoujo is a thing, and that has more than enough rep for the girls, as its entirely targeted towards them.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
And it still ends up being better than AEW in my opinion. At least I could stand to watch this and be entertained. Couldn't stand even five minutes of that show before I said "fuck this." :mjlol
Yeah I get it. You need to be selective. They do a lot of stupid and cringe shit.

But the no scripting really, really is a selling point. Austin sounded so much more robotic compared to his glory days.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
His feud with MJF was really, really good though. Best of the year so far.

I can't say robotic Austin's promo was better than any promo there, no matter how much I love the guy. And Austin won't be there every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back