• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
No, it is his name. You keep saying the wording isn't important but it is.
It's a alias or title referring to him. Based on the conspectus of the same exact name. Which he created in the first place.
It doesn't call it the Haima conspectus like the others it says Conspectus of Haima, The Academy's adjudicator.
That's why I provided the link for the Haima Glintstone Crown. Where it outright calls it the Haima Conspectus.

Scholars of the Haima Conspectus sought the power to quell conflict, and to this end studied the sorceries of cannon fire and the gavel.
In this case the wording is clearly giving us his name and not the study of his conspectus but we can assume they're one and the same in this case because of the names of the spells.
Did you not fucking read the description of the Haima Glintstone Crown that I gave you yesterday night? At least I think was yesterday. This argument has been going on for a while, and for no real reason.
No, his title is Adjudicator. This is just you conflating the terms again
Nope. Adjudicator is one of his titles. The other one is Haima. Which is also the name of the conspectus he created. This is you being a stubborn mule.
Theres nothing that suggest Olivinus is his name or title, just his study of magic
We literally see that the founders are referred by their conspectus as a title. We see that with Haima, and I already provided the reference for that. Which you chose to ignore.
You say this, but then in the very next breath you say this:
That's the case here.

You have already seen these.
It really isn't. They could have named the conspectus whatever it doesn't have to be an alias or a title. Thats you conflating words with each other.
Answer this question: Is the Haima Conspectus called the Haima Conspectus, and is the founder also called Haima in the excerpts I provided for you? Hint: The answer is yes.

Which means I am right.
It because you implied being "Conspectus" is what gave Rennala authority of the academy so we started arguing about the meaning of conspectus
Where the hell did I imply this? I said the Carian Royals performed a coup d'état, banished the original founders Azur and Lusat, and that's how they took over and why Rennala was the ruler of the academy up until the Carian Royals imploded, and the Cuckoos rebelled. It made her the founder of that conspectus, and a conspectus sorceress.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's a alias or title referring to him. Based on the conspectus of the same exact name. Which he created in the first place.
its not an alias or title

Its his fucking name and what he named his school of study after

That's why I provided the link for the Haima Glintstone Crown. Where it outright calls it the Haima Conspectus.

Thats not the fucking point I said it was the Haima conspectus earlier. You said Haima wasn't even his fucking name. The point was the wording and english used that let us deduce this in the first place holy shit

Nope. Adjudicator is one of his titles. The other one is Haima. Which is also the name of the conspectus he created. This is you being a stubborn mule.
Adjudicator is his title, Haima is his name and his school of study. You conflating alias and title isn't going to change that. Because that's all you're doing.

We literally see that the founders are referred by their conspectus as a title. We see that with Haima, and I already provided the reference for that. Which you chose to ignore.
Like once again here

You're now claiming Haima's name is his alias, his title and his school of study when nothing suggests Haima is a title. Nor is Lazuli, nor is Olivinus. These have only been used to refer to the conspectus of the respective founder. Its your assumption that these names are also aliases and titles when everyone you named already has an actual title.

You say this,
Because its true, outside of your conflation

That's the case here.
Because you're just assuming they were aliases that were used and not just what they named their respective studies
Answer this question: Is the Haima Conspectus called the Haima Conspectus, and is the founder also called Haima in the excerpts I provided for you? Hint: The answer is yes.

Which, I never said otherwise. What does this have to do with a title? Absolutely nothing

Which means I am right.
Not in the slightest

Where the hell did I imply this? I said the Carian Royals performed a coup d'état, banished the original founders Azur and Lusat, and that's how they took over and why Rennala was the ruler of the academy up until the Carian Royals imploded, and the Cuckoos rebelled. It made her the founder of that conspectus, and a conspectus sorceress.
When I said Rennala took over leadership of the academy after learning lunar sorcery you said thats why she was a Conspectus. You were already implying conspectus as a title that grants authority

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
its not an alias or title
It is an alias or title, and I have already proven that.
Its his fucking name and what he named his school of study after
Doesn't make sense whatsoever with what else we know about them.
Thats not the fucking point I said it was the Haima conspectus earlier. You said Haima wasn't even his fucking name. The point was the wording and english used that let us deduce this in the first place holy shit
It isn't his real name. It's an alias or title, and we know that because he named his conspectus after it. Just like all the other sorcerers who founded a branch in the Academy of Raya Lucaria. Why would he be different than all the rest of them?
Adjudicator is his title, Haima is his name and his school of study. You conflating alias and title isn't going to change that. Because that's all you're doing.
Due to the fact it is the name of his conspectus? We know it is not his real name. Just like all the other sorcerers who founded a branch of the academy. Unless he is for some miraculous reason a special case different from all the rest.
Like once again here

You're now claiming Haima's name is his alias, his title and his school of study when nothing suggests Haima is a title.
The fact it is the name of his conspectus does. As none of them use the founder's real name. They use an alias or title for the name of a conspectus. That is universally the case, and how the naming scheme works with these areas of study. Why would he be different?
Nor is Lazuli, nor is Olivinus.
So, now you're claiming those are Rennala's and Lusat's real names?
These have only been used to refer to the conspectus of the respective founder. Its your assumption that these names are also aliases and titles when everyone you named already has an actual title.
You're the one making the assumption that Haima is Haima's real name. When none of them use their real names for their conspectus, and the tradition was to make one up especially for it.
Because its true, outside of your conflation
So, instead you're arguing that Haima was a special case who broke tradition and used his real name for his conspectus?

You got an actual citation for that?
Because you're just assuming they were aliases that were used and not just what they named their respective studies
It was both as we see with people referring to Haima by the name of his particular branch of study in the academy. We don't know his real name because we never encounter him.
Which, I never said otherwise. What does this have to do with a title? Absolutely nothing
What do all of them have in common? The founders didn't use their real name, and made up an alias for it reflective of the study. Which was carried on by people who created a new conspectus in the academy.
Not in the slightest
The fact you're not recognizing what I noted above is why this is going in circles.
When I said Rennala took over leadership of the academy after learning lunar sorcery you said thats why she was a Conspectus. You were already implying conspectus as a title that grants authority
I said she was a conspectus for introducing lunar sorcery to the academy, and you claimed her creation of lunar sorcery is what made her the leader of the academy. I did no such thing. I said it implied a person was a genius in terms of sorcery, and created a new type of magic. As I did with Thops. You assumed I meant her leadership when I said that this made her a conspectus. When I was referring to her lunar sorcery.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Eh, imma just say you're wrong since neither of us is oing to change the others mind about this. I look forward to the next time 🤝

On The Rennala point though I just remember it being said she charmed the academy with lunar sorcery and become the leader several times on her remembrance and the moon spell and that she established the Carian Royal family afterward but if that isn't the case 🤷‍♂️

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
FKDvv8kXEA85b1V

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Eh, imma just say you're wrong since neither of us is oing to change the others mind about this. I look forward to the next time 🤝

On The Rennala point though I just remember it being said she charmed the academy with lunar sorcery and become the leader several times on her remembrance and the moon spell and that she established the Carian Royal family afterward but if that isn't the case 🤷‍♂️
That's how it began, and when she created that school for lunar sorcery, however at some point the Carian Royals started arguing that the moon was equal to the stars, and that led to it being labeled heretical by the rest of the academy. Which in turn led to the Carian Royals pushing back hard, and taking over the academy. At that point Rennala became queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back