• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Okay so a trailer for the swordsmith village arc of demon slayer is out.

Didn’t the second season finish just this year? I know UFOTABLE said they’re ‘upping the standards for anime’ but should we be worried that there overworking people like MAPPA?

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
unknown.png
Imma go with Reginald all day son

I read a little more about the bad guy's death and apparently he relapsed back into alcoholism because of the lockdowns. Makes me mad. Lockdowns sure as hell didn't do shit against covid but they sure did kill.

Lockdowns did FAR more damage than they ever helped and not just in an economic sense. People who are heavily introverted trying to be more open just got worse, those with major mental issues or addictions basically relapsed hard, etc, etc.

The sheer fact that not everyone is furious over this shit is just apalling to me(I know there are far more furious and still want to take the "right roots" to shake shit up but still...)

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
>you can kill Mogh/Mohg or however you fucking pronounce his name and can easily tell Malenia where her brother is
>can't because cut content makes your only option with her a boss fight and nothing else
>she is only an optional boss to begin with and has no other effect on the story

I have to echo your earlier statement on how annoying it is that Miyazaki is still pushing this nihilistic treatment of characters in the story to where you have almost no way to reverse at least some of their fate. I can only hope the cut content with the Twins, which also involved more content for Melina can be explored in the DLC.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
>you can kill Mogh/Mohg or however you fucking pronounce his name and can easily tell Malenia where her brother is
>can't because cut content makes your only option with her a boss fight and nothing else
>she is only an optional boss to begin with and has no other effect on the story

I have to echo your earlier statement on how annoying it is that Miyazaki is still pushing this nihilistic treatment of characters in the story to where you have almost no way to reverse at least some of their fate. I can only hope the cut content with the Twins, which also involved more content for Melina can be explored in the DLC.
Millicent was built up as somebody who could save her, and then they kill her off right before she can give Malenia the unalloyed gold needle.

Also, fuck Gowry. Guy betrays her for no reason, and he is definitely one of those Kindred of Rot bug people body hopping through meat suits.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I say this because you can learn Pest Threads from him, which is their magic, and his real body is hidden elsewhere. You can kill him, and he just comes back with another body. Millicent was also being protected by the Kindred of Rot in the Church of Pilgrimage.

I doubt he is even Millicent's real father. I can't picture Malenia fucking a bug man, and Gowry cries about Malenia rejecting the whole lot of them for being schizos.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I say this because you can learn Pest Threads from him, which is their magic, and his real body is hidden elsewhere. You can kill him, and he just comes back with another body. Millicent was also being protected by the Kindred of Rot in the Church of Pilgrimage.

I doubt he is even Millicent's real father. I can't picture Malenia fucking a bug man, and Gowry cries about Malenia rejecting the whole lot of them for being schizos.
Based on how one interprets the lore Millicent may have not even had a father, she may have just been born from Malenia's rot bomb after her battle with Radahn since I heard it lead to people being born in the aftermath. Just a theory tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back