• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Using something called zips to load bosses invisibly

if you do it optimally you can kill elden beast by loading into one of the later fights in the game and just running far enough away. The game will treat it as elden beast dying and teleport you to the end of the game. It’s hard because the zips are frame perfect but before this you could average around 7-9 minutes depending on how good you were at zips
tbh i hate speedruns like that where your not really playing the game fast your just glitching straight to the end. like that pokemon yellow speedrun that glitches the game so hard you beat it in 0 seconds.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
tbh i hate speedruns like that where your not really playing the game fast your just glitching straight to the end. like that pokemon yellow speedrun that glitches the game so hard you beat it in 0 seconds.
That's why I specifically look up GLITCHLESS speedruns when I'm in the mood, even though the out of bounds skips are interesting to know that they're there, I'd rather see them actually have to play the game as it was intended for the most part.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Sekiro was the same so it doesn't surprise me and there was a dude beating his own WR every day by optimizing the run more. It's cool to look at from a technical viewpoint since it uses a lot of weird interactions with the game map instead of just glitching bosses to death.
Distortion2 is ridiculous. Watched him optimize Sekiro,RE2 remake and now ER. He's good at the games but is also really good at finding ways to fuck with them

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
You know how I'm joking about playing Kenshi Tower Defense.

Then game send a raid so massive it looks like a tower defense raid.

screenshot_157.jpg

:breh

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Distortion2 is ridiculous. Watched him optimize Sekiro,RE2 remake and now ER. He's good at the games but is also really good at finding ways to fuck with them
yeah that's without counting all the boss mods that came out and shit that made the game even more insane

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

1) Caius Ballad
2) Vayne Solidor
3) Ardyn Izunia
4) Kuja
5) Seymour Guado
Honorable Mention) Emet-Selch

Pretty good list, I see only one significant problem with it.
WHERE THE FUCK IS SHUYIN? 😠

It's a list of sympathetic villains and Shuyin is by far one of the more sympathetic villains in Final Fantasy. Especially given that UNLIKE several people on this list, even at his worst we still saw traces of the good man he'd once been. Such as when he hugs Yuna (thinking she's Lenne) showing his love for her had not diminished at all. It may even be why he couldn't bring himself to possess her the way he did everyone else in the Den of Woe.

Now looking at the comments it does seem like Shuyin's exclusion was a legitimate oversight/mistake on the guy's part so I can't hold it against him too much. At the very least (purely in terms of being sympathetic but still inferior as a villain overall) he should beat out Kuja and Seymour IMO anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back