• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FQWGPDVVsCAg37I
tf2-heavy.gif

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Like...
No seriously...
What the fuck is that? They are trying so hard to make the SPARTANS the bad guys, they have to give them shit like this? Yeah, SPARTANS didn't have the most noble of beginnings but why the fuck are supposed to feel bad for the fucking Covenant!?
Wait THEY were trying to make me feel bad for the Covenant? I thought it was just a bad attempt at comedy. :breh

And yeah that's fucking dumb, the Covenant are literally one of the most indisputable "THEY ARE THE BAD GUYS" enemies in a shooter franchise. They should not be trying to make us feel sorry for them.

I mean what's next "Oooh look at those EVIL humans slaughtering all those poor Locusts, they obviously deserve to have their cities destroyed by a giant worm". 🤦‍♂️

Wait THEY were trying to make me feel bad for the Covenant? I thought it was just a bad attempt at comedy. :breh

And yeah that's fucking dumb, the Covenant are literally one of the most indisputable "THEY ARE THE BAD GUYS" enemies in a shooter franchise. They should not be trying to make us feel sorry for them.

I mean what's next "Oooh look at those EVIL humans slaughtering all those poor Locusts, they obviously deserve to have their cities destroyed by a giant worm". 🤦‍♂️

Think about it. The first episode, the FIRST EPISODE, they had a person whose entire compound and people getting killed by the Covenant right infront of his face in 4-Fucking-K... immediately believed tried to kill Master Chief because he saw him and the other SPARTANs coming and thought they was going to kill them.
Then when the UNSC tries to get the girl to tell them that yes, The Covenant exists and to tell people about her experiences to get people to prepare for war, she IMMEDIATELY blows them off and goes into some stupid ass rant about how much she hates the UNSC despite she literally saw The Covenant slaughter everyone including her dad minutes ago.
Combined with this, it feels extremely apparent that they are trying to act like the genocidal, planet glassing Covenant are somehow the lesser evil compared to the UNSC and that's the most assbackwards thing I have ever heard.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Think about it. The first episode, the FIRST EPISODE, they had a person whose entire compound and people getting killed by the Covenant right infront of his face in 4-Fucking-K... immediately believed tried to kill Master Chief because he saw him and the other SPARTANs coming and thought they was going to kill them.
Then when the UNSC tries to get the girl to tell them that yes, The Covenant exists and to tell people about her experiences to get people to prepare for war, she IMMEDIATELY blows them off and goes into some stupid ass rant about how much she hates the UNSC despite she literally saw The Covenant slaughter everyone including her dad minutes ago.
Combined with this, it feels extremely apparent that they are trying to act like the genocidal, planet glassing Covenant are somehow the lesser evil compared to the UNSC and that's the most assbackwards thing I have ever heard.
WHAT THE FUCK? :tiredpepe

Can I just remind everyone that the Covenant were the instigators of the war? THEY ATTACKED EARTH, not the other way around. The humans were just desperately fighting for their lives.

But nah the Covenant are totally the good guys here. 🤦‍♂️

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
A human is in the Covenant?

I'm not even closely-versed on the Halo series since Halo 2, but...the Covenant are a genocidal, slave-driving group of religious fanatics.

They're like Morgoth, Sauron, and Palpatine-tier obvious villains.

Wokeness is somehow making them not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back