• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A human is in the Covenant?

I'm not even closely-versed on the Halo series since Halo 2, but...the Covenant are a genocidal, slave-driving group of religious fanatics.

They're like Morgoth, Sauron, and Palpatine-tier obvious villains.

Wokeness is somehow making them not?

Like the only thing I heard that can even remotely make it plausible is that they are just a figurehead used when they plan on re-activating a Halo Ring...
But considering how this story is going, I highly doubt that's the case(and even then, why not make them a prisoner rather than at the top right next to the Prophets)

Don't the Covenant view the humans as an inferior race and they're complete supremacists, why would this EVER be a thing?

Actually it's the opposite way around:
Humans existing basically fucks with The Prophets entire hold on the religion due to the fact that THEY know that Humans are the Reclaimers and thus the Forerunners' actual pick and not them.
That's why The Prophets want humans dead so badly.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
the creators of that halo show straight up said they ignored the video game

so yeah

shows how much respect for source material they have lol
Yeah I can believe that.

Probably thought "it's just a dumb shooter, people wont care if we change the story" without realising this particular franchise has a lot of expanded lore and people who are heavily invested in the story.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Yeah I can believe that.

Probably thought "it's just a dumb shooter, people wont care if we change the story" without realising this particular franchise has a lot of expanded lore and people who are heavily invested in the story.
im pretty sure this is a case like DmC where they think they're taking the story in a "deeper" direction when they're actually just hacks

here's the source btw
https://screenrant.com/halo-show-video-game-comparison-writer-play-response/amp/

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
m1BHvB1c_1803212054481gpadd.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
im pretty sure this is a case like DmC where they think they're taking the story in a "deeper" direction when they're actually just hacks
I still remember how the Director said he re-designed Dante because "the original would get laughed out of a bar". :maybe

Yes because a 6 foot+ man built like a tank is going to get laughed out of a bar...because he has white hair I suppose.

As opposed to your childish little shit whose best comeback is "Fuck You" and to give a middle finger. :mjpls

Not to mention all that hype about the story and it ended up being complete shit compared to even the first game's story in all honesty. 🤣

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

:hestonpls
The fuck does killing man-eating orcs (in an adaptation of a series written way before the war he's complaining about, and which also has heavy anti-war themes) have to do with killing Africans and Asians?

And apparently Japanese people are not allowed to like it or Indiana Jones because "in reality you're the ones being shot, idiots." :hestonpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back