• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

:hestonpls
"Miyazaki continued: “How many people are being killed in attacks in Afghanistan? The Lord of the Rings is a movie that has no problem doing that [not separating civilians from enemies, apparently]. If you read the original work, you’ll understand, but in reality, the ones who were being killed are Asians and Africans. Those who don’t know that, yet say they love fantasy are idiots.”
Most of the bad guys getting killed are literal Orcs and Goblins who go out of there way to try to attack or kill the heroes. I don't know how you could pretend any of them are "civilians" when they are very clearly made out to be marauders and killers the Protags are trying to avoid as best as they can and have no choice but to fight. Not going to say much on the "Orcs=Africans and Asians" other than the fact that if that's what comes out of his mind than that says more about him than anything else.

"“Even in the Indiana Jones movies, there is a white guy who, ‘bang,’ shoots people, right? Japanese people who go along and enjoy with that are unbelievably embarrassing,” he explained. “You are the ones that, ‘bang,’ get shot. Watching [those movies] without any self-awareness is unbelievable. There’s no pride, no historical perspective. You don’t know how you are viewed by a country like America.”
Okay dumbass, remind me how many white guys Jones kills compared to whatever indigenous non-white guys he does? Because outside of the 2nd movie all the main antagonists he kills are Nazis and Soviets which are all white with only a sprinkle of non-white guys with them and even the 2nd film, where only the intro do we ever see Jones kill some Japanese guys, its because his Japanese partner working with him gets killed which pisses him off and he gets back at the Yakuza scum who did that and his partner is a fucking Asian kid. Not to mention the main bad guys are a heretical group to the Hindu religion that is portrayed as enemies even to other Indian Villigers and the government in charge which send the army to save the good guys in the end so shut the fuck up with your shit take that Indiana Jones is just some racist white guy going around killing non-whites to be laughed at.
:grimgio

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
FQUYNxSX0AUnq1B

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
"Miyazaki continued: “How many people are being killed in attacks in Afghanistan? The Lord of the Rings is a movie that has no problem doing that [not separating civilians from enemies, apparently]. If you read the original work, you’ll understand, but in reality, the ones who were being killed are Asians and Africans. Those who don’t know that, yet say they love fantasy are idiots.”
Most of the bad guys getting killed are literal Orcs and Goblins who go out of there way to try to attack or kill the heroes. I don't know how you could pretend any of them are "civilians" when they are very clearly made out to be marauders and killers the Protags are trying to avoid as best as they can and have no choice but to fight. Not going to say much on the "Orcs=Africans and Asians" other than the fact that if that's what comes out of his mind than that says more about him than anything else.

"“Even in the Indiana Jones movies, there is a white guy who, ‘bang,’ shoots people, right? Japanese people who go along and enjoy with that are unbelievably embarrassing,” he explained. “You are the ones that, ‘bang,’ get shot. Watching [those movies] without any self-awareness is unbelievable. There’s no pride, no historical perspective. You don’t know how you are viewed by a country like America.”
Okay dumbass, remind me how many white guys Jones kills compared to whatever indigenous non-white guys he does? Because outside of the 2nd movie all the main antagonists he kills are Nazis and Soviets which are all white with only a sprinkle of non-white guys with them and even the 2nd film, where only the intro do we ever see Jones kill some Japanese guys, its because his Japanese partner working with him gets killed which pisses him off and he gets back at the Yakuza scum who did that and his partner is a fucking Asian kid. Not to mention the main bad guys are a heretical group to the Hindu religion that is portrayed as enemies even to other Indian Villigers and the government in charge which send the army to save the good guys in the end so shut the fuck up with your shit take that Indiana Jones is just some racist white guy going around killing non-whites to be laughed at.
:grimgio
Man's retarded

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
You know I really hated the Scooby-Doo doo crossover with supernatural. Like how the fuck you gonna have shaggy break his arm after all the bullshit the man's been through. Like come on now
Apperently IIRC the demon or whatever it was did something for it to happen when shaggy mentions he taken worse shit

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Man's retarded
Like I can respect his film making but never cared about the man himself as a person as he always comes off as a grouchy out of touch asshole, especially in his hatred of America which honestly just reeks of bitterness over its cultural impact on the world than what his so-called "opinions" on its impact on the world itself. And I do think we have caused a lot of fuck ups but guys like Hayao just feel like they are going full retard in hating everything about us to the point it's a personal issue, not a moral one.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
>Reddit topic: How does one become a Gear in lore

You fucking don't :mjlol . Not many options there for you nibba :kobeha.
Man's retarded
What the hell is this shit :skully.
I still remember how the Director said he re-designed Dante because "the original would get laughed out of a bar". :maybe

Yes because a 6 foot+ man built like a tank is going to get laughed out of a bar...because he has white hair I suppose.

As opposed to your childish little shit whose best comeback is "Fuck You" and to give a middle finger. :mjpls

Not to mention all that hype about the story and it ended up being complete shit compared to even the first game's story in all honesty. 🤣
"Hey man virgin fedora wearing Vergil actually became a complex villain in Donte may Cry. The other one just wanted power. No I'm not ignoring context."- Actual dumbass arguments
:mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back