• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Eo14cKBUcAIzof_
Tatsuki Fujimoto's Captain America.
EguUD38.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
It's a classic

to be honest, I've wasted so many resources on different weapons and summons. but I think I finally got a weapon I wanna keep, but I still haven't figured out what summon I wanna permently use and I don't wanna waste more graveflowers

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
to be honest, I've wasted so many resources on different weapons and summons. but I think I finally got a weapon I wanna keep, but I still haven't figured out what summon I wanna permently use and I don't wanna waste more graveflowers
Don't worry about wasting grave flowers. You can always kill certain monsters for a bell bearing that will let you purchase them as much as you want. You only really need to save the one that gets them to + 10 ect.

My first playthrough was the same especially with my stats but I ended up liking a lot of different things so I just made other characters and stuck to a specific build for them. Mimic tear ashes has honestly never helped e much. Everyone went on about how great it was but even pre-patch I think mine was autistic so I can't recommend it. Tiche is pgood but I dunno if you want to do Ranni's questline for her.

Engvall and Oleg can be solid choices through most of mid game as well as Radahns soldiers. If you just want a spirit thats tanky af and holds aggro really well I'd recommend you do Ranni's quest to pick up the greatshield soldier ashes which summons like 5 skeletons all with greatshields. They don't do much damage but they tank a lot of damage and are great at holding aggro. Plus if you do the quest you can still pick up tiche and mimic in case you wanna try em.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Don't worry about wasting grave flowers. You can always kill certain monsters for a bell bearing that will let you purchase them as much as you want. You only really need to save the one that gets them to + 10 ect.

My first playthrough was the same especially with my stats but I ended up liking a lot of different things so I just made other characters and stuck to a specific build for them. Mimic tear ashes has honestly never helped e much. Everyone went on about how great it was but even pre-patch I think mine was autistic so I can't recommend it. Tiche is pgood but I dunno if you want to do Ranni's questline for her.

Engvall and Oleg can be solid choices through most of mid game as well as Radahns soldiers. If you just want a spirit thats tanky af and holds aggro really well I'd recommend you do Ranni's quest to pick up the greatshield soldier ashes which summons like 5 skeletons all with greatshields. They don't do much damage but they tank a lot of damage and are great at holding aggro. Plus if you do the quest you can still pick up tiche and mimic in case you wanna try em.
This is where i was at about an hour before I went to volcano manor. I was trying to explore Caelid but I was getting my shit pushed in too hard.
Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Since then I've respec'd and took all those points in faith away and put them in arcane as I heard arcane boosts poison damage and I wanna try that out at some point. but my highest stats are endurance, strength, and dex

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This is where i was at about an hour before I went to volcano manor. I was trying to explore Caelid but I was getting my shit pushed in too hard.
Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Since then I've respec'd and took all those points in faith away and put them in arcane as I heard arcane boosts poison damage and I wanna try that out at some point. but my highest stats are endurance, strength, and dex

Arcane doesn't boost poison damage iirc. It has no effect on poison at all really. It does increase status build up (that stat on a weapon that says causes w/e buildup and then a number) but only if that weapon scales with arcane. Which is why it's mostly used for bleed builds/weapons and dragon incantations.

Poison is a DoT ability and the damage is determined by the type of poison of which there are three. Regular poison which might as well be tickling your enemies. Still effective for cheesing certain enemies though. Deadly poison which is way better and you can even get a katana that comes with it from volcano manor. Then there's scarlot Rot which puts the other two to shame.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
giphy.gif

Oh yeah, its an absolute bitch and a half. But I'm trying to level it as I go along.
:hestonpls
You can find Larval tears all over the place but I think there are only 17 per playthrough. So you still have plenty to find if you wanna respec or play with other builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back