• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
EAT MY SHIT YOU SNAKE FUCK
Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I'd rather not make a trend of raceswapping characters to the point of being unfaithful to the originals, because you know it's not as simple as just a change of color. Then characters i grew up with having their entire personality changed into "We Wuz Kangz yo, gotta stick it to the white man! Ma struggle is the black struggle!"

Ofc, the fictions you are mainly interested in consist of Lego's and Japanese Manga so it's not like you've ever had to deal with such a thing, thank god.
The problem with these isn't even with raceswapping i think,its just that they do it for the sake of making people shallow "how diverse them are" and shit like that, no originality,no creativity they don't even try to make it good

You mentioned the mangas and stuff but in the case there is a bunch of people that like to make raceswaps of characters,and throw a tantrum if you make a fanart of some character with white skin this people are a plague in society

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
The problem with these isn't even with raceswapping i think,its just that they do it for the sake of making people shallow "how diverse them are" and shit like that, no originality,no creativity they don't even try to make it good
That's what i said, because it's never just a swap of someone's race, it's raceswapping a character then throwing away their own unique identity and design in favor of making them shallow 1-note characters who only serve to preach repetitive ideals in an attempt to appeal to insecure weirdos instead of telling a story. Resulting in a character that no one can relate to.

Beyond that, i think swapping the race of any character is wack, white or black, it's just unnecessary and raises even more questions as to why someone would feel the need to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back