• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
tumblr_ptegeqhW4x1ueapts_540.jpg
36e1eb8e3680e33379aa279ef3d2e313.jpg

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Actually I can name a few but I actually still watch wrestling so...

Honestly I would say it's both. Smarks usually are the ones who keep coming in with bullshit of trying to make Finisher spam be a thing, constantly going ultra overboard with flips, kicks and shit rather than just a good old fashioned brawl and of course, trying to get themselves over than the wrestlers.

It pretty much infected most wrestlers to the point that they don't ever try and actually get themselves over, just their moves. Yes, the shitty writing absolutely plays a part... but I'm going to be real:
There are BARELY any character in most Modern Wrestlers and better writing would just make it even more apparent way too many modern wrestlers HAVE NO CHARACTER. They are just vehicles for their manuevers and spots.
Better writing more creative freedom
would have them actual give a shit
When you run by a delusional old man who doesn't care unless it his fav you be trying to glippy shit to hope something come by

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
When you run by a delusional old man who doesn't care unless it his fav you be trying to glippy shit to hope something come by
Unless your name is Bore- I mean Roman Reigns, you don't get good material to work with. Because you ain't Vince's new golden boy that he wants to fuck in the ass.

Acting like Tony Khan is literally any better...
Again, I'm not excusing any of Vince's myriad of problems here, I'm telling you exactly where the problem is and that's from a lack of wrestlers misunderstanding what the point of being a pro-wrestler actually is.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Again, I'm not excusing any of Vince's myriad of problems here, I'm telling you exactly where the problem is and that's from a lack of wrestlers misunderstanding what the point of being a pro-wrestler actually is.
They should just steal the show from the current favorite if they could steal it.

Basically if there's a script just follow about 50% of it and make it a break or make for the rest.

They should just steal the show from the current favorite if they could steal it.

Basically if there's a script just follow about 50% of it and make it a break or make for the rest.

They should and there are Modern Wrestlers who was finally able to do such a thing.
This is why when you look at WWE and AEW, you realize the script writing is only part of the major problem that most wrestlers these days have no other gimmick then "I am the best wrestler alive and I want to prove it!" or "I want to be the best wrestler alive and I'm going to do it!".
There's no gimmick, no one basically even being like Gangrel or Danhausen, it's just a bunch of random dudes and girls who do nothing BUT be just that with no real personality to speak of or even basic charisma.

Now can there be wrestlers like those? Sure, but there's a reason there aren't so fucking many of them. Hell, have a simple thing of believing you are Larger Than Life and actually be such, you don't need to do bullshit spots or ridiculous moves to get over, actually make something of yourself and have people believe that you are is more than enough.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Unless your name is Bore- I mean Roman Reigns, you don't get good material to work with. Because you ain't Vince's new golden boy that he wants to fuck in the ass.
And even then nobody this day n age give a fuck about Roman Reigns niggas not even on Prime Cena level

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I never said Tony was better both are are dumb for various reasons as Nevermind pointed out

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
And even then nobody this day n age give a fuck about Roman Reigns niggas not even on Prime Cena level
And 'Prime Cena' was one of the most hated top guys of all time who made the product bleed viewers even more than Triple H did at the top. Roided up dumbass couldn't even run to the ring without looking like he'd had a stick shoved up his ass.

:mjlol

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
And 'Prime Cena' was one of the most hated top guys of all time who made the product bleed viewers even more than Triple H did at the top. Roided up dumbass couldn't even run to the ring without looking like he'd had a stick shoved up his ass.

:mjlol
Exactly :skully
Austin and Rock were Prime Draws
Cena was a draw too before WWE forced him to be him to be Super Cena and fucker was killing ratings and viewers

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Exactly :skully
Austin and Rock were Prime Draws
Cena was a draw too before WWE forced him to be him to be Super Cena and fucker was killing ratings and viewers
You're actually wrong there. Cena was never a draw. A draw implies he pulled viewers in, which he never did, not even during his wanna-be rapper gimmick. Guy was a bum through and through, who got pushed to high heaven because Vince took one look at his physique and went, "YEAH PAL! PUSH HIM! PUSH THIS GUY!"

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
You're actually wrong there. Cena was never a draw. A draw implies he pulled viewers in, which he never did, not even during his wanna-be rapper gimmick. Guy was a bum through and through, who got pushed to high heaven because Vince took one look at his physique and went, "YEAH PAL! PUSH HIM! PUSH THIS GUY!"

Leddit but I think it proves ya point to an extent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back