• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Apparently the reason why the traitor reveal was pushed so far back was because the Japanese actually hated the villains.

Edit: Don’t know why the villains of MHA are so controversial in Japan though. Is there a reason?

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Happy 20th anniversary of Morrowind!
cYfeiEN.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Apparently the reason why the traitor reveal was pushed so far back was because the Japanese actually hated the villains.

Edit: Don’t know why the villains of MHA are so controversial in Japan though. Is there a reason?

All them niggas on NF who went to bat over how well written the story was must be losing their fucking minds right now
:hestonpls

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

"Hated" in the sense of thinking they're poorly written or just hating their existence in general?

Because the first one is easily answered but I dont recall anything about any of the villains interesting enough to get an actual emotional response :skully

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

@TrueG 37 its time :mjgrin

Fuck if i know the only ones i could remotly care about was Dabi,Twice and Shiggy somewhat
but in general they lack the presences of the Big Bad Group like you could get with the 7 Warlords,Espada and Akatsuki

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Like which in particular?
"Hated" in the sense of thinking they're poorly written or just hating their existence in general?

Because the first one is easily answered but I dont recall anything about any of the villains interesting enough to get an actual emotional response :skully

Fuck if i know the only ones i could remotly care about was Dabi,Twice and Shiggy somewhat
but in general they lack the presences of the Big Bad Group like you could get with the 7 Warlords,Espada and Akatsuki

If what being said is true it means that apparently the Japanese hated the LOV’s introduction during the camp training so much that the development of said villains got pushed back to MVA which was hori going fuck you to his editors and Japanese fanbase.

Which seems really weird cause I found a chart of the volume sales on Reddit and it shows that volumes 8&9 didn’t sell less than the other volumes.

:hmI think Horikoshi’s trying to blame his Japanese audience for his bad writing decisions. Because this is the first I’ve heard about this.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

The viewing for Mha just dips for whatever reason when the league is a huge focus. Ashyraki and currently Dabi are the only real exceptions. I'd assume they just don't like the League or aren't interested in most of them and I can't really blame them tbh :skully . Aside from Dabi briefly talking to Shoto no one was given any reason to care about the League in their introduction.The villains in this super hero manga are ironically not this series strong suit:mjlol.

It's really funny how people try to stan Hori by saying Japanese hate villains. Deidara outpaced Naruto in popularity and was in the top ten during the war arc. Long after he died and his relevance ended :kobeha. People can love villains of given a reason. It's hard to think that this series really gets inspired by other Super hero comics or other manga sometimes from how lackluster the villains are. The league literally can't do anything without Afo backing them despite Ashyraki's growth as a competent villain being a plot point. Anytime he does something it's either because Afo told him to do it or it ends up not mattering and fails (quirk bullets, army from mva, hiring Hawks as a recruit, going to Overhaul etc.) and if you dont like them too bad cause they're basically the only villain faction in the series :mjlol.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The viewing for Mha just dips for whatever reason when the league is a huge focus. Ashyraki and currently Dabi are the only real exceptions. I'd assume they just don't like the League or aren't interested in most of them and I can't really blame them tbh :skully . Aside from Dabi briefly talking to Shoto no one was given any reason to care about the League in their introduction.The villains in this super hero manga are ironically not this series strong suit:mjlol.

It's really funny how people try to stan Hori by saying Japanese hate villains. Deidara outpaced Naruto in popularity and was in the top ten during the war arc. Long after he died and his relevance ended :kobeha. People can love villains of given a reason. It's hard to think that this series really gets inspired by other Super hero comics or other manga sometimes from how lackluster the villains are. The league literally can't do anything without Afo backing them despite Ashyraki's growth as a competent villain being a plot point. Anytime he does something it's either because Afo told him to do it or it ends up not mattering and fails (quirk bullets, army from mva, hiring Hawks as a recruit, going to Overhaul etc.) and if you dont like them too bad cause they're basically the only villain faction in the series :mjlol.
Fucking Grimmjow's popularity was so big he was in number 6 in the polls even after his last fight with Ichigo and despite somewhat being a Vegeta exp himself he was unique enough on his own to inspire his own arctype that gets copied to this day. And than there's Vegeta himself whose sole reason to still even be in the DB franchise at all is because he was that hugely popular to begin with despite Toryama disliking him.

So bullshit on the point of "Japanese hate villains" if anything it's the opposite. Clearly if they hate the ones in MHA than that says more about how shit they are.:trinny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back